Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:56 am

I enjoyed Strictly too and look forward to having it back again. Twin1947 -- you mentioning Dymchurch has given me that nostalgic feeling again because my son and family lived there at the old Coach House for a few years and I was a very frequent visitor, I also used to catch the little train to Dungerness (sp) and spend a few hours there too. I hope everyone feeling ok especially Vannin. take care everyone, big hugs from Dolly & me.---I'm watching England v Tonga at the moment, do so miss my OH at these times. xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello Dita,I also watched England and Tonga played.I like watching Rugby better than football now.You will miss your hubby for some time yet Dita as you were together for a long time. :bighugs:

I like it in Dymchurch in the summer,nice beach.Well it is just like home here.Beach,seaside.wetherspoons.Pubs.

Hope no one calls me on the phone,as Im wired upto a radio with headset on.And I won't hear the ringing noise. :roflmao:

Was lovely sunny morning here but its turning dull now.Prob be a downfall of rain soon.

Had a lovely time with Logan yesterday although I got there later than normal.I missed a bus so had to get later one.We played chess :roflmao: Not that either of us knew how too,well Logan did.He was the winner everytime. :roflmao: :roflmao:

When you message your grand daughter Penny,do you do it through her messenger on facebook.Where you can just write to her like you do on the forum?If so that is the easier way.We all spoke to Jade like that when she was in America.Its free too.If you phone her you have to put codes in to your phone.If I was calling abroad i would put 44 first.Maybe Andere can help you,she is more with it(than me) :mrgreen:

Have a nice afternoon all,Im going to make a coffee,must release headset before I walk. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Just back from canal. Went early to avoid the hurricane promised. Amazing, 7 barges came and roped up to stay in our protected slice of the canal. We came home early and as we arrived it just started to rain. Funny, we sat waiting for the hurricane which had been promised.After 5 mins of very light rain, it stopped. Now we are promised the same for Tuesday and we don.t know what to expect. Hope everyone is O>K> Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:00 am

Good morning everyone.Well what a change in the weather.It is wet and windy here.Glad I haven't got to go anywhere today.My shopping delivery arrived at 10pm.All put away in the freezer and cupboards now.

Have a amazon delivery today at some point today.Will find some chores to keep me occupied for a hour or two. :roflmao:

Glad you had a nice time at the canal Penny,if your weather is the same as here,you will be tucked up warm indoors today.Dolly won't want to play football either. :roflmao:

Hope you are all well and keep warmish. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:14 am

Hi all, awoke to a dark and windy morning. Had quite a downfall of rain. Stopped now. . Still windy and according to forecast it will be a downfall heavy later on. Hope all are well and keeping dry. Just popping out for lunch, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:45 pm

Hello, I am back from first hospital of the day, and much quicker timing than expected. Immediate removal of plaster of Paris replaced by blue synthetic plaster, Then X-ray, then see Dr and hear the worst!! Decision time. As a deformity has happened with the bone,, surgery (re-breaking and re-setting) would be strongly advised if I were younger and had a better history. But being older and with history of Arrythmia, embolisms, TIAs, thyroid etc, the limb could be left to heal if I don't mind having the slight deformity. 'Think about it' he said. I said 'No surgery thank you!'. The current plaster will remain for 5 weeks then see him again. We left at quarter to 11, within two hours of arrival there!

At 2.30 I'll be picked up for my monthly eye scan probably followed by injection. It will be my 11th time and among all those, there were three scans that showed no leakage on the macula/retina, but all the other eight, I underwent the needle! This is continuing indefinitely in spite of the original pleasure that it was 'nipped in the bud so a course of three injections should fix it'!
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:28 pm

Goodness me vannin, hope the rest of the day goes well for you. Thinking of you this P>M> Lets hope all is going well with your eyes. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Oh! dear Vannin, can only say that Dolly and I are sending lots and lots of hugs to you, xx Phew! xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:08 pm

I do hope it was not more bad news at the eye clinic, Viv. I was about to say you deserve an occasional break but that would be an unfortunate choice of words, wouldn't it?

I'm sure you'll feel better for getting rid of the weighty plaster and I know I would have made the same choice as you when it comes to surgery. When I was offered that choice, I asked what were the chances of deformity and consequent loss of function. My consultant said about 30% of 30%. I said it was a no-brainer! In fact, my left wrist is now slightly deformed and I have some tiny loss of function in my thumb. I can't do a "thumbs up" with that hand but no real problems - and I'm left handed.

It's rained more or less all day here and the lights have been on since breakfast time. Ugh. And now we're past the Equinox so the nights are longer than the days. So depressing.

Is anyone else having a problem with this forum in that you start to type a reply to a post but, mid way through, the page suddenly clears itself without you doing anything to cause it? I had to try three times to post in Penny's Imagination thread and eventually managed it by using a different browser. It's only take about an hour, so far! Grrr. :tantrum2:
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:26 pm

Thank you for the hugs and encouragement, Dita and ladies. The part 2 - Amersham Eye place - went well. The scan showed it was clear BUT we are now in preventive mode so I had an injection and the interval extended to 8 weeks. It used to be 4-weekly then six.
On the way home, my fingers started having tingling and numbness. I often have 5 or 10 minutes of that when I wake up in the mornings. But in connection with new arm plaster, the leaflet says we should contact hospital with such a problem
So I rang, spoke to my plastering friend and she gave me advice like flexing and clenching while holding hand aloft. It seems to have worked. But if it returns I should go to MIU (open all night) or see her in the morning.

Andere, my posts are being hindered today, not in doing a disappearance, but when I first enter the site I must do full log-in with username and password. The same happened on another site where I only ever post on TV reviews and comments.

I think my little Trixie is still appointing herself my carer!
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:57 am

Morning all, Had a lovely start to the day but now sun has vanished and it is pouring with rain. We were lucky yesterday, only had a few light showers. Saw Dr. yesterday and had change in medication, off tomorrow for blood test etc, Some weeks ago on the TV we saw a young boy presented as best chef. He had devised a huge beefburger and won. so we tried it. Enormous and very tasty. I only ate half and the chips were very thin but best I have tried for years. Anyway, both of us were full from the beefburger so our birds got a super amount for breakfast. Funny name for the pub Wraptop. Not sure if I have put it right will check later. Service was delightful and super large diner. We were separate and sat in the bar restaurant, I was Wrong again. the name was LEGSTRAP> If you live anywhere near it is worth a visit. You can see it on the Internet. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:41 pm

Came to log in and found I had got blank boxes,my name had been wiped out. :roll:

Good afternoon everyone.What horrible weather today although it is getting brighter now.Had heavy and fine rain this morning plus wind blowing the trees about.
I still haven't turned the heating on yet.Extra cardy on when I get chilled.

Have been trying to draw a upside man this afternoon,but have given up at the moment.

Did Dita or Penny watch England v USA this morning at 11am.It was a good game,but so rough.

Hope you are all well and having a nice afternoon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:26 pm

maggieh wrote:Came to log in and found I had got blank boxes,my name had been wiped out. :roll:

Yes, mine has just done the same, for the third day running! (see my post above)
The sunshine is starting to show itself again. All the extra heavy rain causing floods, was said to be the tail-end of the hurricane that wiped out so much of The Bahamas.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Regarding the blank stuff, been there, I just turn off and start again. Seems to be worldwide. My friend in USA is having trouble like us. Might be the weather.

Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:59 am

Morning all, nice day to start just getting a little dull. Not sure what we will get today, had a super one yesterday. Hope everyone is keeping well. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes