Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi Penny and everyone, Those cabbage dolls were all the rage some years ago if I remember right, not that I ever had anything to do with them because neither of my sons were interested. Do hope you didn't get too exhausted Twin. England winning 5---0 at the moment------what the heck is going on??? Need a large Brandy and so does Dolly :) Take care everyone xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Good game England 6-1.I like watching football more so when England play.

Good afternoon its a lovely sunny afternoon here bit of a breeze too.I am off to spot the seals tomorrow afternoon we board the boat at midday,down the river stour we will go.Hopefully I will get some pictures of them.
I went to see Logan on Saturday but he wasn't his normal self.We sat on the settee and done some colouring from midday to 1.30 when he couldn't keep his eyes open any longer.He got up at 5.30 Saturday morning to go downstairs with daddy.Sharon woke him up to let him know I was leaving,but he still looked sleepy.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Poor Logan, must be worn out. Pleased re football. OH not interested so went to Stoke Bruene and watched the barges go by. Quite busy today. Do take care and enjoy this lovely weather/cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Funny but alll day OH has been saying everyone is watching football. We thought the roads and lanes very quiet, now I know why. Not really been into footie since I was very tiny, as you know, my dad was a referee and I still recall being carried through the High Streets on the shoulders of football lads. Think it was W,B Albion.Funny,my grandson just called. he still has dad's whistle. Can you imagine it now, would need an Elephant instead of a fellow. ha ha. Big hug for Dolly. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 am

The roads around here were very quiet yesterday afternoon, considering it was such a lovely Sunday. We decided to go to Swaton village fete and vintage show: lots of fun and lovely classic cars on display, the usual sort of stuff plus the World Egg Throwing Championships. Bet you never knew there was such a thing! We certainly didn't until yesterday. Much more fun than football although we didn't stay right until the end. It was all very good natured and something different on a lazy afternoon.

It's very hot again already today so I'm not planning anything major. Nothing wrong with sitting in my garden chair and being grateful I'm not having to commute on a sweaty, overcrowded train! Lets all enjoy it while it's here. :sunglasses:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:59 am

Here we go again, just put in screed and it vanished. Just to satisfy my curiosity Andere, what is egg throwing, apart from the obvious. Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather and feeling well. Only problem round this area seem to be Hay Fever. To be expected. Give Dolly a big hug ans same for pussies except softer., Just had call Dita, young chappie will be over this evening so be prepared. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:47 am

Hi! my goodness Penny I was just going to write a long message when I read about our young man paying me a visit :rolleye11: , must go and get geared up now but if I have the energy will be back later :)
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:03 pm

I can't help out with young man today,all the fresh air I have had on the river trip has tired me out.It was well worth the 16pounds it cost.Lots of seals all shapes,sizes and colours.Lovely sweet faces looking at the boat as we passed them.

Done a few bits and bobs since getting home.Now a relaxing time till bedtime. :mrgreen: Enjoy a jolly afternoon in the garden.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Delighted you enjoyed the trip, must have been quite cool. So warm today, all I want to do is doze off.Bet Logan will wish he had joined you when you tell him about the seals. I expect young chappie will be happy whichever route he takes. I would imagine his shorts will be shorter still. Have a good rest and cool off ready. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Good afternoon everyone.What a lovely warm day we have here.I keep going back to my boat ride yesterday seeing the seals.
Have been out to the local shop,and done my good deed for the day.Will take some rubbish downstairs soon,then have a enjoyable afternoon doing whatever I fancy.

Have a jolly afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Good afternoon, another scorcher, beautiful blue sky. Sadly had to go and find a post office to send a birthday pressie, we are quite short of a Post Office now-a-days most have vanished, ours in the town has changed homes 3 times in the last year or two, they keep opening up along with grocery, then frozen foods, a newsagents etc. as we do not visit the town very often we lose track? Would love to have seen the seals Maggieh, what a great time to be watching or even sailing in this lovely weather. Did have a great time yesterday myself but felt a little worn out afterwards :) Not seen shorts as short for a long while Penny :) Take care everyone .
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:11 pm

So hot, I expect everyone will be loafing in the shade. Just back from a superb lunch. Next time in Bedford Andere, make a point of going to one called.Maypole..Farm Foods one. Food is delicious, staff perfect and very reasonable. Lovely building and very clean. Could not find a fault at all. Hubby goes once a month with old boys and never yet found a thing to moan about. Plenty of parking too, . Hope all are well, big hug for Dolly and little hug for pussies. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Maggie, my plans for this afternoon are much like yours. No point in chasing our tails doing things that aren't really necessary in this heat. Soon, the direct sun will be off my little back garden and it'll be lovely to sit outside with my Kindle. Much too hot with the sun on it, however ...

Penny, egg throwing is exactly that. A messy sport! See here for the whole sticky story: [url]swatonvintageday.com/egg-throwing/[/url]. It's fun to watch for a while ....

Is the Maypole in Bedford itself or one of the surrounding villages? Not that I've any immediate plans to go there again but you never know. : )
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:30 pm

just outside, Kempston way. Put in.Maypole, Bedford and all details appear. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 am

Oh, YUMMMM!!! I googled the Maypole and ..... those cakes!!!!! They look superb and I'm trying to think of a pressing need to go to Kempston, very soon. :lol:

Another hot day with doors and windows open. Wish that didn't make it so easy for flies to come in and buzz brainlessly around. Another load of washing has just completed so I'd better go and hang it out, then get on with my grocery order. Dita, I think everywhere is short of post offices now. We're short of post boxes, too. All the ones within about 3 miles are on the far side of a very busy main road (so people living to the west of the road aren't supposed to send letters?! : :? ). At some of them, the only collection of the day is before 9am, so you have to be out there early - and then try to remember for next time which boxes that apples to. No wonder we're all using email and Hermes!

Stay cool, folks and don't do anything you don't have to in the heat.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes