Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:53 am

It's bright and sunny and bliddy freezin' here and our postie was clad in proper trousers and a big fleece jacket! It really is a lovely day but can't go anywhere to enjoy it as the window fitters are here, installing the last of the new windows - the kitchen -and finishing off a few little tweaks left over from last week. The kitchn is a no-go zone so it'll be corner shop filled rolls for lunch and out for dinner tonight :lol: .

Oh Penny - I'd hate to be without my big Panasonic breadmaker! You have my sympathy. In your position, I would definitely let OH buy me a new one ! There are only 2 of us but we find a medium loaf from the machine lasts us nicely for 2 days (keeps fresh in the enamel bread bin). If there is any surplus, I cut it thick for making toast at some future date and freeze it.

I hope Maggieh's arm feels easier now?
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi Penny and everyone, have you all got your long johns out in readiness for the winter? It is chilly but we have a little sun too, there is some sleet forecast for the Lincolnshire Wolds. Andere I have 2 of those old enamel bread bins and they are handy for other things besides bread, one was my Grandmas and the other my Aunt------quite oftem you see them on bargain-hunt. Our postie has got his long pants on now Vannin , he's a spoil sport. Hugs from Dolly Penny and take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:32 pm

dita wrote:Hi Penny and everyone, have you all got your long johns out in readiness for the winter? It is chilly but we have a little sun too, there is some sleet forecast for the Lincolnshire Wolds. Andere I have 2 of those old enamel bread bins and they are handy for other things besides bread, one was my Grandmas and the other my Aunt------quite oftem you see them on bargain-hunt. Our postie has got his long pants on now Vannin , he's a spoil sport. Hugs from Dolly Penny and take care all xx

My postie too, warmly clad similarly to yours!
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Afternon Dita and all, Funny old weather, guess Autumn h Do hope everyone is keeping warm and well. Autumn
has finally arrived. Had call from young chappie saying he is coming tomorrow to do a final grass cutting, after that it will be sorting out the trees and bushes. OH took me out this morning and we had quite a time finally called in a big place called Curries (Curry's) and bought a new Panasonic breadmaker. Still too expensive but OH won't think of having any other name. Anyway, have a loaf cooking ready for tea. We had a little rain overnight . Our postie is the same, had his long ones on today, a sure sign of colder weather. it is sunny, then dark clouds.looking grim. How did the flu injections go. Must admit OH and I never felt a thing. Do hope everyone is OK now. take care. Hugs for Dolly and little ones. Felt sorry for HRH today as the last little Corgi she had has died. She just has two little cross breeds left but they are getting a bit old. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Good afternoon all.We have had a wet day here up to midday, the sun tried to pop out.I am blaming it on Janet as they have gone away in their caravan for the weekend.I could have gone but declined,like my home comforts. :roll:

My postie is also in long trousers well he is getting on a bit.Its the young men that like showing their legs off. :roflmao: I have got a thermal vest on today.Noddy had thermal vest and shirt on yesterday.A jumper tucked into his trousers and braces over the top.Not a pretty sight.

Going over to see little Logan tomorrow,see what he has been upto this week.

My arm is a lot better now thank you Andere.I have small arms with less flesh on them so I hurt more from injections.

I wonder who will be leaving dancing at the weekend.Silly Bruno back Saturday evening :dunno:
Oh well must trot off to the cooker now.Enjoy using your new bread maker Penny.Have a nice evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Morning Dita and all. After a heavy frost it started as a nice sunny day but very cold.Now getting dull and clouds appearing. Do hope all are well and keeping warm. Well, back to normal, baking bread.OH took my other two machines to the tip. I wanted to keep the smaller one but OH insisted one big one is quite enough. Chappie coming today so one loaf already on the way. I bet puss is delighted she can get in and out now,Andere, Hope Logan is OK and enjoying school. Hope you are feeling better Dita, do look after yourself. Give Dolly a big hug and same for all little ones. Can't wait for Strictly. Wish the judge from last week was permanent. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi Penny and everyone, we keep having snow showers as does lots of you-------don't get the sled out just yet though :) Waiting for a loaf Penny, maybe the young chappie will deliver it to me when he's finished at yours Yippee! Enjoy your time with Logan Maggieh, and your description of Noddy makes me think he is such a very fine figure of a man, bless him :) Had no idea about the Queen losing her last little Corgi Penny, they have always seemed part and parcel of her reign and it is sad for the whole Royal family. Dolly sends a big hug and hopes you all keep warm-----and so do I, take care xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi Dita and all, at last a good shower of rain. Young chappie came Dita but says too too wet now to travel over so will catch you next week. Am looking forward to Strictly tonight, seems to be a load of trash on TV these days. Hope everyone is keeping warm. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Morning Dita and everyone. Hope all are well and keeping warm. We had a bitter cold night. then woke up to rain, now brilliant sunshine with clear blue sky. Did all remember to put clocks back, must say I never noticed any difference getting up this morning. I did enjoy Strictly last night, some fantastic performances. Wonder who will be out tonight. How was Logan this weekend ? Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Not very nice day here weather wise.Its dull and very windy.Best to stay indoors.

I had a awful nights sleep lastnight awake every couple of hours.So I am going for a little afternoon nap.My chest is feeling rough so hot lemon and honey for me.

Logan was happy to see me yesterday his little playmate.We played a game on his xbox until it was time for me to leave.

I saw a postman yesterday still in shorts Dita. :roflmao:

Waiting for washing machine to finish spinning then hang that up indoors.

Have a nice afternoon.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Hi Penny and all, very cold here but we do have sun which I am pleased about because our central heating gone up the swannie ? yesterday. more hassle to cope with. I feel very envious of you Maggieh telling me that your postie still wearing his shorts, makes it worse because yesterday it was a woman that came and delivered the post Grrr! :( I like a dose of honey and lemon when my chest plays off Maggieh (which is often) I do try to have a spoonful of honey everyday anyway, it does sooth. Sad young chappie couldn't make it here Penny, never mind hopefully will have a next time to look forward to if you don't over-tire the poor bloke. Big hug from Dolly Penny, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Did you watch Strictly results. Had a feeling he would have to go, such a shame, They were all so good. OH watching the young girl on BBC1 but not my cup of tea. Anyone still up/??????, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:25 am

Morning Dita and all. Lovely and sunny with a clear blue sky. Very cold. Had a heavy frost overnight leaving the ground looking as though we had taken some snow. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Afternoon Penny and everyone, we have had some sun but it has clouded and it is bitterly cold. Watched strictly last night it didn't surprise me at all that the naughty pair were knocked out, thought their dance was sort-a skip and jump stuff, had nothing at all to do with their behaviour previously, they were good at all the other dances :banana: but I am NO expert for sure. Mr Hamilton did it then :) that's good news Penny. Dolly joins me sending a hug and take care and warm everyone xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:55 pm

Dita, I hope you've got your heating sorted out? This is no time to be without, certainly not for people with chest problems. Do you have some alternate means of heating - gas fire, plug in radiators, etc?

It's been an unexpectedly lovely, sunny day here but the low angled sun has been a bit disastrous. First, I couldn't see properly when I was crossing a road earlier (sun in eyes) and came close to getting run over. Fortunately, the driver could see me! Then OH came home from an errand and, while reversing his car into our gateway with the sun in his eyes, bashed the gatepost and ripped the handle off the driver's door. He doesn't quite know whether to be shocked or furious.

I was furious late on Saturday night when some noxious little oik or oiks egged our lovely new front windows! It was raining and cold and I was ready for bed so took a chance it wouldn't set hard overnight. It didn't and I was out before brekky with a bucket of cold water and some vinegar and got rid of the mess quite easily. We don't generally get that sort of pointless vandalism here and it's left me feeling quite unsettled and insecure. What'll it be next, I can't help thinking; a brick? OH says I'm making too much of it but, to me, it's just another demonstration of how this country is going to hell in a handcart because nobody will take action to stop it.

Daughter has gone back to work today; only working mornings for a few weeks but I think she'll find it tiring. I'm delighted she's recovering so well!
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes