Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby twin1947 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Yes i love these rolls to Penny and also put them in the freezer :lol:
I have my grandsons here now,so had baths and now sleeping until 6.30am so think i will be in bed soon,we are going to the beach tomorow and pop into wetherspoons for dinner so no cooking for me.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Super I hope you a lovely day. We used to have lunch many times at Wetherspoons but here the nearest is smack in the middle of a busy street and parking very poor. Will keep fingers crossed for the sun to shine for you. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Good morning all.It is a lovely sunny morning here.I don't think I will be going out there today.My daughter will be here soon with her dog Basil.She wants to wash her bed topper in my washing machine,hope it doesn't fill up with loads of feathers though. :roll:

I have retuned both my tv's today.I have lost channel 1,2 on one tv.But after searching through freeview it said try 751 it might be there.Hooray it is. :lol:

My granddaughter will be leaving America in a few days Penny.But she is going touring before coming home.She is going to New York on her own.Her Mum said she is going to be worried when she starts that trip.I think we all will be worried for her.Roll on 6th September when she is homeward bound. :mrgreen:
Glad your granddaughter is enjoying her time in Sydney.Penny.
Enjoy the bank holiday everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:23 am

Hi maggieh, hope you have a good day with doggie. I do hope granddaughter has a good and safe time in New York, she deserves it after all she has done in America. Never occurred to me that we were up to Bank Holiday. Hope everyone has a good time. Take care all and enjoy the B/H. Big hug for Logan. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi, everyone.
Urgh, it's too bliddy hot! We had breakfast in the garden but have had to retreat indoors because we were getting burned.
We did venture out yesterday to what was supposed to be a vintage transport rally near Market Essen but, when we got there, there was very little happening and much of it was still being set up. Meh! There was a stall selling home made pickles so I bought a couple of jars and we left again. Couldn't be bothered to go back today and find out what, if anything, is happening.

I've a pile of ironing to do but can't quite stir up enough enthusiasm although I generally enjoy ironing, so long as there's something interesting to listen to on the radio.

I do hope Trixie is still coping with the heat and mites reasonably well? Poor little thing, I think of her whenever LK emerges cool and unruffled from a doze under a bush. And what a fortunate cat that ginger puss in Twin's shed was! They are such little slinky horrors for creeping into places they shouldn't be! We once came close to leaving a neighbour's cat shut in our bedroom while we were on holiday. We'd already taken LK to the cattery and were busy putting luggage in the car and the puss must have wandered in while the door was open. I always close inside doors while we're away so went upstairs to do that. Fortunately, I also needed to pick up my jacket from the bedroom so i found Cookie asleep on the bed before I shut the door! He was most indignant at being disturbed!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Good evening every one.I have been having a lazy afternoon.Got back from my walk to and fro my daughters and Basil at 1pm.Was so hot walking plus carrying a bed topper that I washed in my machine for her.
Came home had lunch,just lazed about and almost nodded off at 5pm. :roll:

Janet is now in a field in Kent for 12 days,hope the weather keeps great for her.

Has anyone done anything exciting today?

My fan seems to be blowing out warm heat,nice cold shower later. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:I do hope Trixie is still coping with the heat and mites reasonably well? Poor little thing, I think of her whenever LK emerges cool and unruffled from a doze under a bush. And what a fortunate cat that ginger puss in Twin's shed was! They are such little slinky horrors for creeping into places they shouldn't be!

Hi Andere. Yes, it is getting too much! Trixie has coped so well for a few weeks, and is now obviously feeling both discomfort and some pain where scratching has made her sore. For years I have hardly ever heard her mew, but she does a succession of little mews sometimes as though telling me it is horrible. My heart aches for her because I can't make it go away. A steroid injection has only a brief effect of calming things down, and they cannot be more frequent than monthly - three in total. I fully appreciate the necessity of keeping to mild doses, because too much steroid is known to cause feline diabetes.

At night-time although she has access upstairs, she often sits in the hall making a yelping kind of mew and of course I get up and sit on the stairs to offer my lap. But in the heat, my body warmth is hardly beneficial although I soothe her. and over-stroking may not be ideal for the condition. She will then follow me back to bed to possibly find a cool-ish corner of sheet and she still manages long sleeps.
Thank you for thinking of her. :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:12 am

Oh, poor little puss. Let us hope the promised cooler weather will make things better for her. Just a random thought - when it's hot like this, I take a frozen hot water bottle to bed and either lie with it on my belly or snugged into the small of my back and it often makes all the difference between sleeping and not. Could Trixie be persuaded to lie on a frozen bottle, wrapped in a thin towel? I know cats generally prefer warm but, at present, it might instinctively appeal to her and help to soothe her skin.

I shall never understand my cat. Currently, she's sprawled full length along the conservatory windowsill where, even with the door open, it's probably approaching 50oC. I'm sure she's in danger of baking her brain and doing herself harm but resents all attempts to move her!

I shall have to venture out shortly for some meat and other essentials but it's the first time I've left home since Saturday. It's just been too hot to make going anywhere pleasurable. OH ventured to the pub on Sunday night and came home with a black eye after he tripped over a kerb and bashed his face on the tactile paving. He seems basically OK - a messed up face and a bruised leg, broken specs. I know from the length of time he was gone, he didn't have time to get drunk so it was just a silly mishap but I can't help worrying about the daft b*****. However, I'm glad I've still got him to worry about.

Keep cool, everyone if you can and remember winter's on its way.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:28 am

So sorry Andere, I do hope he isn't feeling too sore. I permanently worry about my O.H. he simply will not use his stick. He is not too bad walking but getting up from a chair he is dreadful/Just have to watch..
Trixe is very lucky in a way with such good keeper. Imagine what she would go through if she we a stray.
Lovely and sunny here. Off for lumch and then a quickie to Lidl;

Take care all cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:23 pm

It is soo hot indoors,fans are on full blast.I have just washed my hair and I am letting it dry on its own,can't bear a hairdryer going as well.

Sorry to hear about your hubby going for a tumble,Andere.Bet he is feeling sore today.When noddy is here,he struggles to get off the settee and his legs shake when he stands up.I think sometimes please stay seated. :mrgreen:

Hope you enjoyed your lunch out today Penny and not saved it for the birds.

Nothing exciting happened here today.Thunderstorms tomorrow,hope its during the day.Have a lovely evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:32 pm

Thanks maggieh, yes had a good lunch, usual scampi which I enjoyed and chips which the birdies will love in the morning. OH in his usual difficult mind. Have fans on and window in lounge open. Though we had finished with hot weather, now the weather chap says it will be cooler tomorrow. Very boring at present. wish I could find someone to talk to. Big hug for Logan, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:40 am

Good morning from a sunny Kent.We didn't get any thunderstorms or much rain that was forecast.It is a lot cooler today thank goodness.

Nothing exciting has happened here for me to tell you about. :roll: Think I might walk to the new look co op this morning.

Glad you enjoyed your scampi Penny.I tend to have scampi/chips when I eat out.

Sorry this is a boring post.Have a lovely day all.Take care. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:28 pm

Morning all, nice and sunny. Seems we had a little rain during the night. Made it nice and cool. Funny about the chips. This last few weeks all the birds have ignored me in the morning and have been following the farmers with their tractors. Ending up here in the late afternoon. On Wednesday after the usual Scampi on Tuesday. OH wanted to try a new restaurant close by. It was the worst meal I have ever in all my years . It was supposed to be plaice and chips. Anyway to cut short could not touch it and put all in a bag for birds. They must have known how miserable I was because today they were all here early and took every chip, leaving the bread and bits for later. Cheered me up no-end. Have a lovely day. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:56 am

Heavens, Penny. You're much more forebearing than me! If the food was so bad, I'd have sent it back to the kitchen and demanded something edible - or a full refund.

A fairly bright and very breezy morning here. It's lovely and fresh-feeling but I had to wind down the parasol over the garden table in a hurry when it tried to take off in a sudden gust! The sheets will dry quickly, anyhow.

Had a super day out yesterday, meeting friends for lunch and gossip in Grantham. It's a lovely bus ride from here along very leafy roads through mellow villages and we made it last almost all day. I called OH on the way home and suggested he met me in our local pub for a quick supper so i didn't have to cook. He agreed, natch :lol: . His face is healing up although he still looks as if he's done half a dozen rounds with Lennox Lewis but it doesn't seem to be bothering him much. After we came home, I was so tired I went right off to bed and slept for well over 8 hours. I can't remember the last time I did that but it felt wonderful this morning! Hope it'll happen more often if the overnight heat is diminishing..

Have a good day, whatever 'you're up to.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Sounds as though you are in top hole Andere. Keep it up.
Just back from canal/lake, saw six barges on the move.No sign of heron today.
I hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying this lovely weather.
Mentioned your hubbies face Andere but OH has a thing about sticks and will not use his. Such an idiot because he gets more and more bent, Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes