Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Maywalk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm

It has been another lovely day here with the sun streaming into my lounge.
Trouble is it is TOO bright for my eyes so I have to draw the ruddy curtain. :evil:
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Morning all, what a change from yesterday. Very cold and dull. Nearly all snow vanished and we had a little rain early on. Having a quiet day today with nothing planned apart from the usual cooking etc. I hope everyone is keeping warm and well as possible. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Good afternoon.Chilly day here,on way back from shop it started snowing but the ground is wet thank goodness.

I went to drawing group yesterday we drew apples and pears and grapes in some chalky sticks.Was a messy time although I did enjoy the 2 hour session.We are doing it again next week,I must buy some thin gloves though so my fingers don't get messy.
I very rarely carry loose change with me to group.Went to get the bus home and a chap came along and said he was homeless and could I give him any loose change.I didn't give him any as I never had it.But I wouldn't have given him any as he was clean shaven and clothes were clean plus he was smoking.There are so many saying they are homeless and have all got flats to live in,they are just begging.

When I got off the bus I went into our local co op got some shopping.Man that served me said would you like a bunch of flowers,they are free.So I came home with a nice bunch of flowers. :roflmao:

Bad night lastnight,was in kitchen at 1.30am making hot lemon,honey drink.Just couldn't stop coughing,its a tickly cough.Not bad enough for the drs though.
Not doing much this afternoon,will nod off if need too.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi Penny and all, hope your leccy back to normal now Penny. Maggieh you are doing the same as me --- Hot lemon and honey drinks to try and get rid of this tickly-chesty cough. How nice to be given a bunch of flowers like that, we have very few Co'ops in this area now-a-days. Big hug from Dolly and me, take care of yourselves xx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:33 pm

Morning all, a lovely blue sky but freezing cold. Forecast rain for later. I hope everyone is keeping warm. Take care. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:04 pm

After a couple of wretchedly cold days, it's turned stupidly warm. 11oC at lunch time with a little sunshine struggling through the murky cloud. I walked to the butchers in only a very light jacket over a T-shirt, no scarf or socks. Weird:it's more like April than January. However, we are nowhere near as warm as Lacemaker will be. I don't know what it's like in Sydney but my cousin near Melbourne has been enjoying temperatures in the high 40sC!! I do mean "enjoying"; cousin absolutely adores the heat and can't comprehend why I say I'm not going to visit her because it's too hot!

Daughter just phoned to say she's exchanging contracts on her new home this afternoon and thinks completion will be 1 Feb. At last! This whole thing seems to have been far more drawn out and stressful than buying and selling properties of our own but I'll be relieved when it's done and we know she has the security of her own place and can't be evicted at the whim of a landlord.

The virus is in retreat at last and I feel almost like myself again . Phew! I never want that bug back again! Now, I'm looking around my cobwebby house and have decided to get in Molly Maids or similar to do a proper spring clean. We did have a local cleaner who was supposed to do it in December but she didn't actually do much so it's time for a professional job. Shirley Conran said that life's too short to stuff a mushroom; I think life's too short to dust in corners - I'd rather be stuffing mushrooms!

Have a good weekend, everybody.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi all, I very rarely go out on Saturdays, but will be at a Quiz plus supper,this evening. It is at the rehearsal hall of Beaconsfield Operatic Society, but no singing will happen this evening!

I had a GP apptmt last week for a dementia tests and it was a doddle. I had been having symptoms of failing memory, confusion, nightmares and low confidence. The doctor said these symptoms also fit Elderly PTSD! A blood test is due on Wed and then I shall see her again and expect to be sent for a harder test!.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Good for you vannin, sounds as thought your Dr has hit the nail on the head. Have a good time at the quiz. sounds fun. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi Penny and all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Good afternoon everyone.What a lovely day we have down here.The sun is out,quite nice outside too.I walked to my daughters this morning it was a bit fresh but pleasant.She doesn't live on a bus route thats 2 days running Iv'e done that walk.

Im drying washing in the tumble dryer that way it gets ironed too. :roflmao:

I had Logan here for a couple of hours on Saturday,as soon as he saw my drawing from group,he said Nanny that is more than good,he was so pleased with it that he was going to draw it too.

Hope all coughs are on the way out now and you are all feeling better.This lovely sun will cheer us up.I was awake again at 3am this morning looking into the darkness.Then the brain wakes up thinking all sorts of stuff.

Oh did anyone enjoy Dancing on Ice lastnight?I felt sorry for Gemma when she went flat on her face,I bet that hurt. :sad:
Have a jolly afternoon/evening.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi, maggieh, sounds as though you will be doing drawings to sell shortly. Well done you. Lovely sunny day here still very cold. Son just popped in to show us pics of granddaughter skiing down a mountain. Looks fantastic.
I felt sorry for Gemma too but thought her size a bit too much for ice skating. Thought Torvil and Dean superb in their show. Hope everyone is getting up and about. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Morning all, not too bad at present but snow forecast for this afternoon and tomorrow. Off for lunch with son shortly, makes a nice change. Hope everyone is keeping warm taking care. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny :grouphug: :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Afternoon all. A funny old sky, one minute sunny next grey and heavy clouds. We had such a little sprinkle of snow overnight and more is forecast for tonight.just had a quick run to the canal, nothing moving and looks very cold. I hope everyone is keeping warm. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi all and greetings from The Fog. It looks like the film set for a gothic horror production outside, all swirling mist and a heavy frost. Very eerie. The past couple of days have been cold but quite lovely so i suppose there has to be the odd wintery day.

I'm feeling bruised and pretty foolish at the moment. I was shopping in Lincoln on Tuesday and, on my way to my last stop, to collect something from Lakeland, realised I was passing a favourite bakery/deli and, on a whim, decided to stop off there and get a hazelet. I turned into the doorway and completely failed to notice the tiny doorstep, about 2cm high. The toe of my boot caught against it and, there I was, sprawled on the smart tiled floor! Fortunately, I managed to land more or less entirely on my right arm rather than my face or my wrist and my lovely arctic parka meant I was well padded but, even so, my upper right arm is b****y painful and I can't do simple things like wringing out a dishcloth or even wash my hands without it hurting. I think it's just bruising and entirely my own fault for not looking where I was going but I'm torn between feeling cross with myself for my stupidity and with embarrassment because all the staff in there probably think that a) I was drunk or b) I'm one of those old women who "have falls" :cry: (I wonder why, when you reach some point in life over about 55, noboy ever says you fell or you tripped up but you "had a fall", as though it just comes and bites you on the bum like getting appendicitis or something?)

All this means that I'm not doing much at present, or doing it very slowly and OH is trying his best to be helpful.A mixed blessing, at times! Anyhow, I hope everyone else is staying upright and nobody is snowed in? Take care, all :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Goodness Andere you really must take more water with it :) seriously it sounds as if your arms had a right rattle and will take quite a while to get easier, I have arthritis in my finger joints and that's bad enough. Sorry for not getting on here much, I am still struggling with the lurgy and didn't even manage a bit of fun and games celebrating my birthday, OH trys his best but he is honestly more trouble really because of his illness. Hope everyone are wearing their warm draws and keeping well. Dolly sends a hug Penny and take care all xxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes