Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi everyone, pleased I have put a smile on your faces, really did amuse me and had an idea it would do the same for you. Sounds as if the Twin family needed a laugh after the day you have had, hope OH's tum is feeling easier and he can celebrate his BD today + a big hug for youTwin1947 :) Just having a giggle at what you wrote about folk from the South compared to us in Lincs Andere :) -----my son lives in Kent and they are more sneaky than us I do know--but I wouldn't say more law abiding -------That will set someone going :) hee haa. Take care everyone, big hug from Dolly Penny xxxxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby dita » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Julie Andrews Turning 79 – this is too real.

To commemorate her birthday , actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP. One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary movie 'Sound Of Music'. Here are the lyrics she used:

(Sing It!) – If you sing it, it's especially hysterical!!!

Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,

Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>
(Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd
that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores. Please
share Ms. Andrews' clever wit and humor with others who
would appreciate it.)

--
dita

Postby dita » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Is it something I said==---------Have I been sent to Coventry???? I was only trying to keep the site going. Sorry ! Take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Nah - nuffink you said! I think everyone's just living a quiet life in this miserable winter and doesn't have much to say. I know there's nowt going on here and it's hard to plan anything with these doom laden weather forecasts hanging over us.

I liked the clever Julie Andrews thing :lol: and it amused all the friends I copied it to also. :bighugs:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:28 pm

Thank goodness Andere, I do get bathed each day and everyfin :)
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:54 pm

I will pop in tomorrow too late now.Be sleeping time for me soon.Hope to sleep through to 7am.Not be awake for 3 hours with sore tummy. :tantrum2: No I havent got a bug. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi Maggieh I do hope you achieved a good nights sleep and avoided any tummy problems. I came in earlier but didn't want to disturb anyone :) Please take care xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi, everyone and greetings from the depths of winter. It's been so grey and cold today we haven't done anything or been anywhere, just stayed snuggled up at home. About an hour ago, it started snowing but appears to have stopped again now. Hoping for a decent day tomorrow so we can have a trip to Newark farmers' market and lunch somewhere nice. OH currently asleep in his recliner chair and pretending he's not; LK snoring in her igloo. Help! I'm the only one awake!!
Stay warm, everyone.
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Good evening everyone.Still no Penny,bet she is climbing the walls with no internet. :roll:

I have had awful tummy pains for almost a week,I did put it down to wind.But have been to drs and have a water infection.Got some capsules to take twice a day for 5 days.The pain is awful be glad when that eases.Hope to get a good nights sleep tonight. :sad:

It has been a bitter cold day here,no snow yet though.Going to my bed earlier tonight incase I want to drop off to sleep. :roll:

Mr.Noddy will be here tomorrow,but he can go and get fish/chips methinks.I am not going to drawing group tomorrow I don't feel like it.

Have a nice day out tomorrow Andere,wrap up warm though.Dita enjoy your game of footy. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Last here first on this bit today.It is lovely out although chilly.Had a quick trip to the shop.Waiting for noddy to arrive any minute now.Hope his happy.He has arrived and getting fish/chips later.

Still no sign of Penny. :roll:

Had a good sleep till 6 am this morning.Then dropped off again until 9.Lazy afternoon coming up for me. :roflmao:

Hope you all have a nice afternoon.
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi Penny and all, Do hope the pills have kicked in and resolved that painful tummy Maggieh, good you got a decent sleep and can enjoy your fish & chips later. Sorry you didn't get to your class though yesterday :( Hi Andere when you talk about Newark I always get a warm feeling, hope you managed the Farmers Market. We had snow yesterday but its almost gone now, it was very crunchy under-foot though during Dolly walk this morning. Take care everyone xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi, everyone from a deliciously bright and sunny corner of the world. It's one of those glad-to-be-alive days, cold but glorious :sunglasses: .No snow to be seen!

We made it to Newark but the farmers' market wasn't much to write home about (as my old dad would have said). A stall from a huge farm shop at Blyton whose stuff we've tried before - sausages and pies full of MSG (which should be banned imho), gammon so salty we couldn't eat it - so we gave that a miss; a lovely homemade bread stall so we bought a loaf because I like eating bread that I haven't made occasionally and a stall selling huge cartwheels of cheese but they were all things we didn't much fancy, with added fruit and spices, etc. There was a stall selling locally milled flours and porridge oats from a windmill so we bought some oats. Then we ended up going to a very nice butchery/deli shop and buying smoked cheese, pies, bacon, pickles and a few bits and coming home to make lunch with the nice bread. Not sure I'll bother going again!

I hope a decent night's sleep has helped you feel better Maggieh? (Plus the pills, of course) Enjoy your chish & fips!

PS. I've just spotted that Penny's online. Welcome back, stranger!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi Andere just popped in to tell you Penny was fine but had power & connection problems. Pleased you enjoyed your trip to Newark , I know Blyton very well I used to go grass track racing there :) xx
dita

Postby dita » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi Penny and all, quite a nice morning here, waiting for OH to return from Hosp he had call yest to tell him to attend for tests on his heart at 9.30 this morning, I really cannot keep up with it all. Good to see you Penny as you see I have done my best to amuse while you been gone. Big hug from Dolly and me to everyone xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi Dita and all, just put on a long screed and it has got wiped off.grrrrrr weather very dull and cold. Guess we are in for a funny year. Hope your OH got good result from hospital Dita Mine was told to keep check on his bowels for a few months. Loved the Julie Andrews one, have an old one somewhere, must find it and see if it is the same. I do hope everyone is OK and keeping free from colds etc Sorry I forget names but I mean all of you. Take care and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for little ones. cheers Penny :now: :please:
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes