Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi everyone. No soup today; I felt too lethargic. The SAD has set in and, as we keep having these grey days when it doesn't get light, it's likely linger for a while. I wish I didn't have it. I have nothing in the world to be depressed about and I know how fortunate I am but it's just part of life.

Penny, have they given you diuretics and told you to keep your legs elevated? I hope that gets sorted because swollen legs won't help you to get mobile. Isn't it depressing how one thing seems to lead to another? Gentle :bighugs: to you.

Dita, please wish your OH all the best for his procedure tomorrow. It sounds horrible but I hope it helps to resolve his problem. My OH is still waiting for a date for his. I dunno whether that means they don't regard him as urgent or if they've simply forgotten him. :dunno:

Maggieh, when I was at the old house, I used to get my online orders from the local Waitrose and I got extra stuff several times, including on one occasion, a huge chocolate and cream cake! They always apologised and told me to keep the stuff because it was perishable but only once did I have anything missing and that was only some oranges and salad.

Hi to Maisie, too :hi: Sorry you're so 'down' but it's lovely to see you dropping by when you can.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:36 am

morning all. beautiful sunny morning, ground still white over hope you are feeling a little bright andere; so sorry you feel low. thanks andere, apart from keeping legs up higher no more instructions. hope you are feeling a bit better dita. do take care of yourself. poor old lot are we not. fingers crossed for your hubby at hospital. take care every one else. i dont want to have to start quizzes with such as ,,,,how many beans make five. only joking, take care all and have a super day. cheers penny. :grouphug: :grouphug:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Goodafternoon all.Has been a active day walking wise for me this afternoon.Tonight Im going to sit down and watch children in need until my eyes leave me for sleep.
I popped into see my daughter this afternoon I didnt stay long as she was working from home and can't chat much then.Then I went to the bank for her I was worn out.I felt like I had jelly legs,lol.

I had just ordered a new tv 43" from Currys.That is coming on Sunday.Prob take me a couple of days to set it up,but hey ho I will get there.

Wonder how Dita's hubby is getting on today.Hope you are resting your legs Penny.Where is Andere sitting in the corner eating a cream cake. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi Penny and all, what a long old day its been, he went at 10.30am my friend across the road dropped him off outside the Hospital as she was going out anyway, no arrangements were made for returning home as we were warned he may have to stay and rest for 4hrs after the procedure, anyway it was 5pm when he came home. He has had a couple of biopsies as he has polyps, there is a large mobile polypoidal which if is benign they will do another examination, there is also a couple of other things but lots of us older folk develop them. He has bad anaemia too. :roflmao: No I didn't sit and hold his hand Maggieh :) don't think he would have allowed me too Ha Ha. :grouphug: :bighugs: I've got my lamp going too Andere, like you say ---this time of ruddy year again . Dear Penny, keep your legs rested Dolly is waiting and sending big :bighugs: from us both, and take care all. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:49 pm

thank goodness you are ok dita.seems a poor month for nearly all of us. fingers crossed not a sitter am like most of us here a dooer. big hug for dolly and all. take care please. hope laurie is ok. cheers penny,
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi all from another grey morning. It was lovely and bright earlier but all clouded over now. Ugh. OH grumpy this morning and I've no idea why. :dunno: I'm just going to sit here with my coffee then get on with some cooking and do some letters and emails because I don't feel the slightest urge to go anywhere.

Glad your OH is back safe and sound, Dita and hope that maybe some progress can be made. I had anaemia in my 30s and remember how bad I felt - permanently tired and my heart would race after the slightest exertion, often dizzy when I stood up ... Horrible! Poor OH has my sympathies.

LK has just come indoors and gone straight to bed (my bed). I think that sums up the day nicely. At least Penny's not missing too much by having to sit still indoors. I hope you've got a chair positioned somewhere you can at least watch your birdies in the garden?
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi Penny and all, the earlier blue sky and sunshine is rapidly being replaced by foreboding black clouds, I am so grateful for your thoughts Penny, Andere and all xx. OH takes so many different medications I very often wonder if all the chemicals as they mix together in the system with sometimes conflicting conclusions---if you know what I mean. Anyway I do hope we all get a peaceful relaxing weekend, sounds like LK is getting hers already- clever girl, Dolly is very perky as usual so I doubt if peace will reign here for very long :) Hugs from Dolly and me Penny and Andere, and take care everyone xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:24 pm

hi dita and all.what a dull day this is turning out after yesterday. do hope all are feeling a little better and on the up. just had a surprise that has made my day. sitting in the lounge doing crosswords oh shouted look out, and running across the main lawn was a super large fox. simply gorgeous.just think, a badger and a fox this year. i hope your weather does not get too bad, son and crew in twickenham for rugby. take care all and enjoy what we have. big hug for dolly and soft cuddles for pussies. hope other puss is ok, no news of late and i forget name of other puss. cheers penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Did he get a pic Penny that's what I want to know. I was thinking about your son as I guessed they would be off to Twickenham today for Eng V Oz. tell him to not forget a wave :) Please take care, will send you a pic.xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 am

Good morning everyone.Thought as I am up early I would drop in here first while you are all snoozing.It is a lovely bright day here the sky looks really lovely.It has a red/orange tinge to it.

You are lucky where you live for seeing a badger and a fox Penny.They have heard you feed the birds well and they want some.
Pleased your hubby got on well on Friday Dita.I laughed at your reply about holding your hubby's hand. :roflmao:

My tv hasn't come yet they said between 7am to 7pm,Its 7,30am now. :roflmao: Its going to be a long wait Im probally last drop off.

Went out with Logan and my son yesterday and we were driving along the road when my son said:Mum albert was buried yesterday I said ah he was a nice man.Logan said don't worry dad there is a albert in my class,How I kept a straight face I don't know.bless him.
Have a lovely day everyone and keep well.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm

hi dita and all. try again. i must be jinxed. how is hubby dita and are you feeling o.k. beutiful and sunnyhere but still frost on ground. maggieh you have an adorable little chap, almost envious. enjoy every minute. plenty of rugger this pm on bbc1 dita. did you watch come dancing. think i told you but still makes me smile when i was about two my parents took me to the tower in blackpool and i was dancing on my own on the floor. seems a very posh lady came and asked my parents if she could adopt me. very funny. hope andere is feeling brighter with this sunshine. decided oh also suffers from s,a,d. any news of other pussy yet, no good at names. big hug for dolly and hugs all round for little ones. cheers penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi Penny and all, do you mean Vannin's puddy cat Penny Trixie ?? I hope Andere ok, I have my Sad Diamond Lamp too it was a lot of money some years ago and it is quite useful in the darkest months. I too feel a little envious of you and little Logan Maggieh you do seem to have a very special relationship. It was quite a nice morning and no rain to speak of, I did watch the Rugby at Twickenham Penny and it was really good===why didn't that son of yours wave?? Watched Strictly too, it is an amazing place, can just imagine you dancing around there so young and with all those sights to confuse as you spin :) Hope you are feeling easier Penny am sending big hug from Dolly and me, and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:37 pm

hi dita and all. was trying to get through on button hole but no can catch you for speed. i m delighted to read the puss is trixie. granddaughter just popped in not seen her for ages.looking very fit and happy. seems to be getting on well with lore'al. had a good laugh as per. two of a kind she and me. take care. cheers penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Penny wrote:hi dita and all. was trying to get through on button hole but no can catch you for speed. i m delighted to read the puss is trixie. granddaughter just popped in not seen her for ages.looking very fit and happy. seems to be getting on well with lore'al. had a good laugh as per. two of a kind she and me. take care. cheers penny :grouphug:

Hi Penny, I am delighted to hear you are getting on , if not in leaps and bounds, but with that Penny-style determination.
Thanks for asking about Trixie. She is, at last, more normal now that her fur is lustrous again without bald and bleeding patches which she caused when biting/scratching lumps out of herself. The itch probably stayed until a month ago when I finally had to take her to the vet who gave a couple of injections. It was a year since she had been there and the usual rumpus took place requiring two qualified vets (not a nurse) to control her. I know I was optimistic in August and September, that I could administer stuff to her skin but it made her lose trust and fight the offered remedies as I obviously was as evil as the vet in her eyes. I am still winning back her trust. Each time a sore patch healed, she pulled the scab off, over and over again, it made me weep.

Meanwhile I I have a box full of Trixie's bottles hardly used, which could have at least soothed the problem.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 pm

so sorry vannin keep thinking about poor puss wish a cure could be found. will keep fingers crossed. cheers penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes