Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Once again she was all calmness from the time of putting her in the carrier, treatment took only a moment like last time and we were home in no time, thanks to the lift by my friend. She was purring in the car!
When I used to dread them up till recently, she used to fight like mad at being lifted to go in a basket or anything else except open cardboard boxes (like all cats).
Then she would swear at the vet for trying to weigh her, and escape to any corner or under the vet's desk, with claws and teeth at the ready. That was in the past. and now I ask the staff 'Who is this cat and what have you done with Trixie?' She is perfectly happy to be weighed, after a whole year went by when they were probably afraid of her. She is now seen in a new consulting room that was built this year and it has a different kind of weighing scales - but whichever it is, cat only has to stand there for a second!!! The allergy is not bothering her much this week, she is quite clingy and cuddly still.

I have a theory that the vet's previous room held bad memories of a locum man who handled her roughly a few years ago.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:12 pm

So pleased. Give Trixie a big hug from me. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Good afternoon from a chilly Kent,if you move this way Dita.bring warm clothing with you.Soon be time to put some heating on.
I did a quick trip to the town this morning needed some help with banking.Have a appointment now for Monday morning at 9.30.Early one. :roll:

My granddaughter arrived home at 10.30 this morning,her travels have now finished for a while.She is back to uni next month.Her last year coming up.Then she wants to be a infant teacher.
Shame you missed your granddaughters call yesterday Penny.

Lets hope Andere is having good weather for her holiday.

I don't know yet if I am seeing Logan tomorrow,hope they tell me before the morning.I have asked but no answer yet. :roflmao:

Have a nice evening all and take care.
maggieh

Postby twin1947 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:45 pm

Good evening all,
We are back from our caravan trip today,the first week was great weather and then it all changed,as we were so near to the sea wall at Whitstable at 4am wednesday morning it was blowing a gale i was scared the caravan was going to blow over so couldnt sleep,and when we left today it was so windy so am glad to be back home.I will miss camping in the caravan in a field as Penny also knows about.
We cant have a campervan as our road is to small to take a bigger one.
I think its more like winter now as is very chilly at night,but not putting heating on yet.
My son and little charlie found oysters,but wasnt safe to eat them,we also went on a 2mile walk which was nice as we found a good playpark for they boys to have a play in,while we rested a while.
Washing machine has been on ready to put outside on the line tommorow hopefully.
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:28 pm

Don't forget Strictly Come Dancing tonight Penny,Dita and Vannin.Dance dresses and dainty shoes on for 7.10 you can have a wine if you like. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Smack in the middle now, not sure if I am going to like this. Rather noisy. :sad: cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Only person i know is Aneka Rice :roll:
twin1947

Postby vannin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 pm

twin1947 wrote:Only person I know is Aneka Rice :roll:

I remember her and 'know'
James Cracknell
the Eastenders actress
the sports presenter
Will the table-tennis Paralympian
and David James.
I find the launch evenings boring when they go on and on and we don't know many 'celebs'. Too much hugging!
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Like you Vannin those launches can be a bit hard to take, funnily I not only recognised quite a few like you already said but also I really enjoyed the show.
I am looking forward to it now. Big hug to you all xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:01 pm

Big hug returned to you Dita :bighugs:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:38 am

Good morning everyone.It is damp here,fine rain for Kent.Soon be time for me to flick the switches on the heating.
Next 2 mornings are early starts for me.Back to drawing group on Wednesday 10-12.Need to wake my left hand fingers up. :roflmao:

I will be wrapping up in my jacket for the rain when I pop out soon.Then the rain will just roll off me.

I enjoyed the launch show on Saturday,the beginning was lovely.I knew 5 of the bunch.A good mixture.Something nice to watch on a Saturday evening.

Have a nice day with whatever you are all up to. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:59 am

Pleased your classes have started , hope you make a fortune when you put them on show in the Art Gallery....Very dull here and rain promised, so far dry. Not sure I am going to enjoy Strictly. So noisy this time, one could hardly hear what was said. Have to wait until it really begins to see. Big hug for Logan, hope he enjoys his new class. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Good evening all.Thought I would pop in for 5 mins.Lovely sunny evening here although a bit windy.
Drawing went well today,we had 3 new people join the group today so it is growing at long last.

Little Logan doesn't like his new class now or school as he doesn't like English. :sad:

Hope you are all keeping well.Take care, :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi, all. Twin, you're not alone in being just about blown away in the gales on holiday. When we arrived in Morecambe, it was blowing so hard we could barely stand up. Ferociously, wretchedly cold, too. It was like that for a couple of days, plus some heavy rain then it improved over the weekend and we could enjoy being out & about. Our hotel room was lovely with a great view over Morecambe bay to the Furness fells (when the low cloud lifted enough to see them, that is). Coming home Monday was a nightmare, all across the Pennines in monsoon-like rain with visibility down to a couple of car lengths at most. Terrifying!

All in all, it's good to be home again and reunited with LK who is currently being very affectionate. Aaaaah!

Hope you keep on enjoying the drawing, Maggieh. I keep thinking I should sign up for a class but can't make up my mind what subject to go for.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:36 am

Hi Andrere I was thinking about you on holiday, my inlaws are from that area and they kept me in the loop as far as the weather was concerned, didn't turn out too bad for you in the end but the wind was...…….y awful. xxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes