Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:
I was furious late on Saturday night when some noxious little oik or oiks egged our lovely new front windows! It was raining and cold and I was ready for bed so took a chance it wouldn't set hard overnight. It didn't and I was out before brekky with a bucket of cold water and some vinegar and got rid of the mess quite easily. We don't generally get that sort of pointless vandalism here and it's left me feeling quite unsettled and insecure. What'll it be next, I can't help thinking; a brick? OH says I'm making too much of it but, to me, it's just another demonstration of how this country is going to hell in a handcart because nobody will take action to stop it.

Daughter has gone back to work today; only working mornings for a few weeks but I think she'll find it tiring. I'm delighted she's recovering so well!

I don't blame you being furious. Mindless yahoo oiks. My reaction of insecurity is usually on the simmer, being on my own and especially now the front security light has given up. There was an attempted break-in the first year. Thames Valley Police, via Neighbourhood Watch, has provided posters for the door....like 'Not here thank you'. But who knows when that might encourage them to throw eggs or paint? All the best to your daughter.
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:35 am

Morning Dita and all. Not very bright today, had a little rain overnight but now just dull and cold. Popping out for lunch today. Hope your daughter continues to improve Andere. lets hope she doesn't overdo it. Give Dolly a big hug and the same for little ones. I expect LK is still having fun using her own doorway. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi Penny and all, hope you have had an enjoyable lunch today, are you still on the Scampi? not had any for ages must treat myself. Cannot help but agree with what both Andere and Vannin were remarking about, it is rare for us to have problems here but it is growing now a days near by. We have had rain but it seems to be drying up now, poor Dolly- and poor me I am having to turn my kitchen into a football pitch. Big hugs from us both and take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi All, had a super lunch, beef-burger coleslaw, chops and battered onion rings. followed by knicker-bocker glory, delicious. Gave up scampi as they became so small, more like shrimps in batter, giving no taste at all. Ended with big bag of chips etc for my birds. Regarding Andere's post re vandals, do you think police are more interested in speeding motorists than they are with catching a real criminal. I often think that when I see all the speed sign. I may be wrong of course. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Blimey Penny--------God help your stomach :) :) Think you are right about the cops.
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:08 pm

vannin wrote:I don't blame you being furious. Mindless yahoo oiks. My reaction of insecurity is usually on the simmer, being on my own and especially now the front security light has given up. There was an attempted break-in the first year. Thames Valley Police, via Neighbourhood Watch, has provided posters for the door....like 'Not here thank you'. But who knows when that might encourage them to throw eggs or paint? All the best to your daughter.

Our front security light isn't currently working either - our sparks (OH's friend) is supposed to be coming to fix it, along with some other jobs but the date keeps getting put back because he's busy with his day job. I'll be much happier when it's done. Even though we have a low wall and a street lamp opposite, the front door area is in shadow. One thing I have noticed is that cold callers etc here are more likely to take notice of my "Not Today, thanks" type signs than they evrr were at our former address. We do see people coming up the path occasionally, reading the signs and just walking away without knocking. Yay!! Truthfully, I'm feeling a lot more balanced about the egg episode now and am determined not to let it spoil my pleasure in living here. Hopefully, that won't change with the advent of Halloween tomorrow and the equally idiotic mischief night on Sunday.

Penny, I frequently think the police are just another branch of Revenue & Customs these days when I see them out with their mobile speed traps. They seem completely uninterested in the folk driving about with missing rear lights, clapped out and noisy exhausts, etc and, as for traffic management ... When Gay Pride gridlocked the whole city last month, where were the cops? Exchanging jolly jokes and chatting with the marchers. :tantrum2:

Hopefully, now OH has found a way to get into his door hands-free car, he'll be able to find a body shop to take it to tomorrow. The poor thing looks a terrible mess in daylight (the car , that is. OH looks a mess most of the time :hide: ). I've had a nice, lazy day today - out for coffee and gossip with friends all morning. Thank goodness for sane, straight talking girlfriends. They do keep me from going completely doolally. Time to go and cook the sausages so as to show I'm not completely idle. :lol:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:28 pm

morning Dita and all, lovely and sunny but bitter cold after a night of frost.Waiting for delivery from Sainsbury. Hope the sausages were cooked well Andere.... You are lucky to have girls close enough to go out with. I have never had a night off as far back as I can remember. OH still has his monthly lunch with two old workmate. When I was with the BBC I had lots of girls friends, but having moved, too far away. Never mind, still got face-ache to put up with..... Have a good day all, give Dolly a big hug and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi Penny and all, I too am waiting for my Tesco grocery delivery. Noticed my neighbour scraping ice off her car as she set off for work, she is a teacher. On Sunday night around 9pm the police rang our doorbell wanting to see if we could help with their enquiries, apparently someone had broken into a shed, broken a window to a property near us, they had received an anonymous call from someone about it. We hadn't heard a thing and Dolly didn't bark as she usually did--so that was that really. The police- a lady officer and a male officer were really nice and they were saying that they are so busy with all sorts of stuff going on, didn't know if I should say anything about it after what I read Andere and Vannins post. Gonna go, its the cup final. Hugs from us both and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi Dita,nice to know the police are in action near you. Helps to make you feel a little more secure. At least, Dolly did not get a scare. Son popped in last night, haven't seen him for a couple of weeks. Very busy as per. Take care and have a good Wednesday. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi, all. Busy day today, making up for yesterday, I've done mountains of laundry, got it dry, done the ironing, put it all away ....spent ages sorting out some paperwork. Now I'm fit to drop! It's now 10pm and we haven't had a single Halloween caller so maybe my poster on the front door put them off. Result!!

I'm glad to know your local Plod Squad are keeping busy dealing with real crimes and problems, Dita. I haven't had to call them out here so I can't comment on how helpful they are but, where we used to live, they'd stopped turning out at all for a shed break-in. They just gave people a crime number and told them to claim against their insurance. For house burglaries, it could take 3 to 5 days before they'd turn up and ask what had been taken?l?!

Penny, which bit of the Beeb did you work in? I was at BBC Essex from 2000 to 2007 and loved it there - lovely people, lots of scope for doing all sorts of different and interesting things and learning new skills. Not sure I'd want to work there now though; the whole organisation seems to be so wound up in political correctness it's a wonder anything gets done at all. i'm still in touch with some old colleagues but we're all a bit scattered now. The friends I was with yesterday are people I've got to know since we moved here. I was determined to have a social life and had to make an effort but I joined in with local forums and started organising coffee and chat sessions in a central location and some of us have become good friends even though we're all scattered around the edges of Lincoln. Maybe you could try something like it if you fancy being a "lady who lunches"? :lol:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello Penny and all, it was very rainy earlier now its dried up a little but so yukky!. It was very quiet around here too despite it being Halloween, we have very few children around and no through road so we do not encourage visitors :) hee hee. Interesting to hear your experiences about the Beeb Andere and Penny--- my D inlaws Brother works in that area. It has been very quiet since our little carry on last weekend Andere, who made the phone call I have no idea, just hope it doesn't happen very often. No footie today---guess who won Penny? anyway she sends you a hug and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi Dita and all, what a star, suck a lot rain. Just stopped but so dark and gloomy. Not had a sound nor sight of anyone re Halloween. We don't have any firework displays now as the chappie who used to make them died. Our nearest display is 5 miles away but of course we don't bother.\ Both grandchildren are home this weekend for Xmas break. Granddaughter is off after Xmas for a two week snow mountaineering with hundreds of folk. Can never understand this Uni arrangement. Tell Dolly sorry it is a bit too wet for me to get over for a game. Give her a big hug along with all little ones. Hope Trixie is still on the up. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:20 am

Good morning everyone.A lovely bright sunny day in Kent after the horrible day yesterday.

I had the flu jab last week and then on the Sunday I was feeling not with it.Woke up Monday morning with a chesty cough.I know it can't be from the jab as it wasn't live.But loads of people have gone down with chesty coughs etc.I have done a lot of sleeping through it. :roll: I am hoping it is on the way out now.Before I let noddy in yesterday I gave him a chat no smoking or go home.He chose no smoking. :mrgreen:

I am drinking Lemon juice and hot water,or lemon/honey.Its quite tasty.

Noddy is 77 tomorrow,I brought him a throw to put round his shoulders at home,he has taken it home today in a shopping bag,pleased as punch.

My granddaughter is going to Scotland for the weekend with her mum.They are flying up this evening and having a girly weekend together.They have a hotel booked.It is to celebrate Jade's coming 21st on the 7th.Son will be at home looking after Logan.Boy's weekend together. :roflmao:
Have a lovely day and weekend all. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Hope your granddaughter has a super time this weekend.My two are due home tomorrow and then off to a big Halloween ball. Can never understand this Uni business, spend only a short time there and then off on work dues. Granddaughter has announced she hopes to do a transfer/swop with a student in Australia. What a to-do.
Nothing planned today so having a lazy sit. Young chappie due at 4pm Dita so be ready for him tonight. Big hug for Dolly and little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Good morning from bright and sunny Lincs. A hard frost overnight but beautiful this morning. I must get out with my leaf vac again ... Will the neighbour's wretched oak tree never finish shedding its leaves?

No special plans for the day, just a spot of tidying up and cooking a chili con carne in the slow cooker and looking out some very warm layers of clothing to wear on Sunday when I'm due to spend all day standing around in the very cold Transport Museum, manning the admissions desk for our transport festival. Thank goodness I got myself some thick soled, fur lined boots - just what is needed on the icy concrete floor!

Hope the cough goes away soon, Maggieh; there seems to be a lot of it about at present. :bighugs:
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes