Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Thanks Maggie, and also for wishes on FB. Just add 55 onto the 21! It is a lovely sunny day here tho' everyone told me drizzle was coming. My friend Liz took me out for lunch - a complete surprise as she rang at 9.15 asking if I was free later. I had grilled flounder which is like Dover Sole and was delicious. Then Brioche bread & butter pudding. Yum. The restaurant is in Beaconsfield, Brasserie Blanc.

Before the lunch I was at my coffee morning group which was good too. Some flowers were awaiting me there. Daughter asked me to London on this Friday or Sat or Sun, but not sure if I can make it. Hosp apptmt on Fri for eyes, then a Quiz night/supper on Sat and extra choir on Sunday.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Sounds as though you had a good day vannin. Well done you. Just had a lazy afternoon down by the canal/lake, Lovely and sunny and several boats make the journey from one end to the other. OH chatting to some chappie litter picking, he asked has the Heron been back yet and the chappie said he thinks the bird has moved to Willen lake a bit further on. Anyway we just sat there enjoying the sunshine and would you believe it the Heron flew across and on to the lake behind us. Made our day. Seems we are to get some decent days but very cold nights, so, wrap up and take care. Big hugs for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:00 pm

That sounds like a pleasant afternoon, Penny. It wasn't warm enough here to sit outside anywhere, despite the sunshine there's been a very chill easterly wind blowing for the past few days. It was seriously cold in Boston yesterday. Had a very pleasant day out, meeting friends for lunch but all we wanted to do was huddle inside out of the cold so the idea of exploring a new place went right out the window. I daresay we'll go back sometime when the temperature has crept above 2C!

Today has been spent doing mountains of washing and ironing, cooking stuff for the freezer because I suddenly realised we're going away and, if I'm not careful, I'll be left with a fridge full of food that won't keep. For some reason, I always over buy ... I've ordered OH to go and buy some new trousers tomorrow or I won't go on hols with him. He hates clothes shopping and wears everything until it falls to pieces. When he put a pair of decade-old trousers in the wash with hems hanging down and the bottoms all frayed, I rebelled and chucked them out. Enough is enough - there's casual and there's looking like a vagrant .... :roll:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:07 am

Hi all, hope the weather warm up for your holiday Andere. When and where? Nice and sunny again here but not warm enough for me. OH bought a new pair of shorts and a pair of trousers last week, he is like your OH although he makes sure I do any repairs such as frayed bottoms, before he puts old ones one. I hope everyone else is O>K> and ready to start posting. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Good evening.Nice evening here with sun out still.Still chilly though with heating on now and again.

My evening is going to be looking on line for a washing machine.I did go and look at some today.Was thinking of getting the one I saw.But daughter said to look at Currys as she gets a discount off of it for me.

I am out tomorrow to a Easter fair with Logan and daughter in law, and her father,hope the weather is kind to us.

Have a nice evening,I will be back tomorrow.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Hope you and all have a super day. Good idea Currys, that is where I got all my machines and no objection to taking the old machines away. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Good afternoon, all. I wrote a longish post just before dinner yesterday evening but instead of posting, it disappeared. That keeps happening recently and I can't work out why??? :doh: i didn't have time to re write it and now I can't remember what I wrote.

I, too, hope the weather improves for our trip to Ireland. We leave the middle of next week, spending a night in Chester on the way so that we only have a shortish run to Anglesey for the ferry to Dublin on departure day. We're leaving the car at Holyhead as, once we get across the Irish sea, it's all trains and coaches. Knowing Ireland's reputation for rain, I'm definitely taking my Seriously Waterproof mac! Details of the trip here, if anyone's interested :

http://www.railwayholidays.com/railway_holiday/northern-ireland-steam-railway-holiday/

I need to get on with some basics like washing the kitchen floor. OH is off to Lincoln shortly to continue his hunt for new trousers - nothing he liked/that fitted found yesterday. He doesn't mind going again since I told him that Flying Scotsman will be coming through on its way to York, mid-afternoon, so he can mix shopping with a spot of gricing.

Enjoy the Easter fair, Maggieh - I hope it's a bit warmer for you than it is here. Have fun with the new washer, too. When I got my new one, in 2017, I was amazed at the advances since I got my previous one, only 9 years before: quieter, washes more efficiently, uses less electricity, spins better. What's not to like?!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi everyone, very cold at the moment, hope you are all well. Have a great holiday Andere, have been to Ireland quite a few times mostly to Belfast though, I enjoyed my stays there and do hope all goes well for them as regards this Brexit carry on. Big hugs from Dolly Penny and take care everyone xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Me late again.Just been reading about your holiday Andere.Sounds very nice.Hope the weather is warmer for you though.Look forward to the pictures later.LK will be going to her holiday home too. :mrgreen:

Although the sun has been out today it is still chilly down here.Have turned the heating on for a while.

It was a nice couple of hours at the easter fair yesterday,Logan decorated a easter bonnet,went on a easter egg hunt.He chatted the whole way to me about his Harry Potter game and how many times his watched HP film.Next year on world book day he is going to dress like H Potter. :mrgreen:

I have chosen a Bosch washing machine from Currys.This will be the second washing machine that I have had brand new.All others have been second hand.I pity the chaps that have to carry it up two flights of stairs though.

Have a lovely evening and keep nice and warm.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Good afternoon.Been for a nice walk to the chemist to get my meds for the month.Then I called into Janets for a hour or so.Then walked back home again,no buses for me on this lovely day. :mrgreen:

Brought some rubber thimbles from Amazon as my thumb gets sore when I am playing on my xbox. :roflmao: Will try them out soon.

How is your daughter getting on in her own flat Andere?Bet she is loving it.

Have a good afternoon everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:00 pm

So pleased you had a good time maggieh, can just imagine Logan with H.P. stuff. Pleased you got your washer, hope all goes well when it is delivered. Hope Andere has a good break. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Daughter's still on Cloud 9, Maggieh! Every few days we get photos of yet more plants or lunch on the balcony or a report of rearranged furniture... Hope the love affair lasts!

I’ve had one of those deranged sort of days where you run around and chase your own tail and the more you try and do, the less you achieve. Tomorrow, LK will be taken to Cat Jail and then I shall have to organise the packing to travel as light as possible because I shall be in charge of luggage. No hope of OH coping with a suitcase yet with his broken arm and a walking stick. Our cases have wheels so I'll have one in each hand. I've always wished i could be one of those people who throws a clean pair of knickers and a toothbrush into a knapsack and just goes ... I have tried it but I'm miserable without my stuff!.

My last two washers have been Bosch, also the dryer and the dishwasher. I think they're great without spending the small fortune you need for Miele or Smeg, etc..
Not sure how much time or opportunity i shall have to post while we're away so this is probably tarrar for now for 10 days or so Just behave yourselves while I'm not here :lol:
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Glad your daughter is still a happy bunny with her new flat,Andere.

It is a lovely warm day here,was lovely walking to the shop.Had a chat with a couple of ladies.One was 89 she was going for a bus to Broadstairs to have her dinner out.The other lady was out with her Pug who is only 16 months old,had her life history the dog not lady. :mrgreen:

I have been having a sort out of my wardrobe,and found my tumble drier kit.So will fit that up when I get the washing machine,which hasn't been ordered yet. :roflmao:

Are you all packing your suitcases to go on holiday with Andere.

Have a lovely time Andere.
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi everyone, just a quickie to wish Andere a lovely Holiday , think weather will be kind and you can then take us lots of lovely pics. Hope you got that washer ordered now Maggieh and excited about its arrival. Have you had a visit from you know --who this week? Penny :grouphug: I'm sorry I am not on so much but believe me I am doing my best, Dolly sends you a big hug and hopes you are taking care of yourself :) Have a great Easter and do not stuff yourself with too many choc eggs xxxxxxxx :choklit:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi everyone, had lunch out today, only OH. Son too busy at present. Young chappie is on holiday this week Dita so we will have to be patient until after Easter. Grandchildren both home for Easter but both got meantime jobs. I hope Andere has a good holiday with decent weather. Take care all and big hugs for Dolly and little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes