Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby twin1947 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Good afternoon from wet Ramsgate.
We have workmen putting new street lights in ,they are right outside my house at the moment,they are leaving the conrete one in,and replacing with a metal one.
We have company dropping by at 2.30 as we look after there houses while they go away for 5days,luckily we have never had to take off during the night.
In a while im going out to tesco and the post office to post a parcel,hubby still in pain with hes back he tried to get an appointment today,so got try again in the morning,think hes putting it on so he doesnt have to help :roll: but have news for him he can be tea boy when the peeps arrive.
I cant post links on here so have sent Carol and marieann messages on facebook,maybe they will add a link.
Oh well enjoy your afternoon everyone and hope all are ok.
twin1947

Postby caroljoyce » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:49 pm

caroljoyce

Postby dita » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi Penny and all, good to read all the postings and pleased you are back again Penny, like you we do not have the privilege of high speed fibre internet in our village and we do have problems but not as bad as yours have been, I do hope now you find its all improved. Thinking about LK today -bless her do hope she is soon back having a cuddle with you Andere and no gungy eyes any more, my problem is still there but improving thanks. Its a milder day but very drizzly and its not pleasing the little one at all, never mind it is making OH relieved :) Have a great day Penny, think its me that is the boring one -not you- I do not participate on any other forums and am finding maybe my light hearted banter too much for some. Take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:37 pm

I think banter is one of the spices of life!
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Fully agree, keep it up Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Good afternoon everyone.You are not boring Dita.I find somethings you write quite funny so carry on. :roflmao:
I am hoping my posts aren't boring but hey ho if not liked don't bother reading them. :lala: The rain has been at it all day long and still going it.On my way back from the shop today a bus went through a big puddle and I got soaked.I was not amused.

I spent all yesterday afternoon/evening trying to download a game to my xbox.Then I found it had only part loaded.There again I was not amused by it.So I cleared off to bed :roflmao: Anyway I went to live aid this morning and a nice chappy helped me.

I am going out for a birthday lunch with my daughter in law and granddaughter tomorrow lunch time as she has to get back to get Logan from school.He was upset as he wanted to see me on my birthday but school gets in the way.I have brought him a little treat to go home to. :mrgreen:
Nice that your internet is now sorted Penny.Hope your hubby enjoys playing with his trainset.Everyone do this. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Morning Dita and all, not bad weather today, sun keeps popping through. Got a painful ba today so nothing planned. Had chappie to look at garage roof today and he is coming next week to start. Gave us a quote of £3,500.00. Nearly popped my clogs.Still, as OH says, it has to be done as it is large and one end contains two deep freezers and a large fridge.plus sink etc, so bang goes my pocket money. Just doing sausage and mash with sweet onion today. Not my favourite but yesterday I tried the new Richmond Pork sausages and OH liked them so much He asked me to do them again today. Didn't mind as he is out to lunch with his two old chaps tomorrow and I will be able to have what I like....Hope you have lovely lunch today Maggieh. Do hope everyone is feeling OK and weather not too bad all round. Big hug for Dolly and tender ones for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby marieann » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Good afternoon. Things are a bit confusing as Tony appears to have a chest infection and it affects his movement. He couldn't stand last night. He insisted on getting up today and I have him sitting in a wheeled transit chair. Care Line had to come last night and said they would ask the doctor to call this morning. Tony is sitting in the chair sound asleep and completely unconcerned while my hair is just about standing on end and I'm still waiting for the doctor surgery must be late finishing today.
marieann

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Poor you marieann, sincerely hope all turns out well. Fingers crossed. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby marieann » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Thanks penny. The doctor's just been and she thinks it's an infection as well so eventually he'll be fine. I'm so relieved because 4.30 this morning he was red hot and sweating and I wondered about pneumonia but it isn't. Mind it hasn't stopped his inclination to give orders. :lol:
marieann

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:22 pm

That's pretty good news, Marieann. He'll probably be fine in a day or two. Funny how they never lose the ability to give orders, innit?

Quiet here today. Weather is dry, bright and windy after a really warm and muggy night. Nine degrees doesn't seem right, somehow, especially when the tabloid press are banging on about this "deep freeze" we're all supposed to endure at some moveable point in the near future.

LK seems to have forgiven us for yesterday. I've been granted 20 mins of lap-time and she's been enjoying the sunshine in the garden for much of the morning. Oddly, her eyes don't seem so watery this morning so I shall watch developments carefully.

Heavens, Penny! £3500 to fix the garage roof? Is he using gold plated shingles? Or are you having it completely replaced? Sorry, that's probably nosey of me but I just boggled when I saw the price.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi Penny and all , just lost a really long post about all sorts of things, can understand your worry Marieann hopefully his chest infection will remain just that and he will be perking up very soon. Maggieh have a great birthday lunch, sure little Logan will make up for him being at school :) Good to hear LK has got over her ordeal enough to be out enjoying the sunshine Andere. £3500 Penny that's a little pricey, didn't you have a similar problem last year?? Thanks for telling me I am not boring, for some of us a forum is more a life-line not just a bit of fun, seems some folk just join to cause trouble and close down forums I wonder why??? Is that what happened to Agenet I wonder. Big hug Penny from Dolly and yours truly, and take care all xxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi all, seems a lot of cash but as OH pointed out it is double length and was put on too flat so that any water just stays on top. It is all going to be lifted and a lot of woodwork has to be replaced. So, it seems a good estimate and OH is happy which is the main thing.Gone rather dull here but still dry. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Bit more complicated then Penny, can understand why it is so expensive and probably worth it in the long run. Shall I come and drop something heavy on it then you can claim off garage insurance (if you have it) of course :) could now have dropped a Clanger.
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Andere, I'm so glad LK was a happy pusscat today and showing better signs :bighugs:
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes