Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Dita I would be happy for you to come and drop a brick, but I wasn't thinking of on the garage roof., i can think of a better place. ha ha.cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm

,Morning all, what a dull day and so cold still. Hope everyone is O>K. feel quite miserable today. I do love sunshine. Big hug for Dolly and soft one for little ones. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Penny wrote:Dita I would be happy for you to come and drop a brick, but I wasn't thinking of on the garage roof., i can think of a better place. ha ha.cheers Penny

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Hi Penny and all, loved your remarks, I too could think of a good place at not too far away from here too :cheeky4: Miserable day here too, no sunshine but suddenly when it seems to be brighter---it starts a shower. Hope everyone are on the ball today after birthday celebrations, pussycat operations and anything else I have missed out. :grouphug: I had to visit the building society to get a pass book updated, went yesterday and had to take a longish walk up our towns high street, it nearly killed me and I am now worried that I'm not getting enough exercise despite my spending most of the day running up and down stairs, doing all my own housework, playing football and walking the menace. :dunno: Big hugs Penny from Dolly, and take care all :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Nice dry sunny day here after all the rain yesterday.

Drawing group was a bit hit and miss today.No teacher and nothing much to draw and copy.I had a picture of a upside drawing so I tackled that.Think we did more chat than drawing that was fun.The teacher has been poorly with a suspected heart attack,she's had a ecg.But is at home resting now.

Noddy is here now,as soon as I let him in he said oh its so nice to be back here.So how could I hurt his feelings by telling him to not come here anymore. :roll: He wished me happy birthday but said I havent any money to get you anything.Did get me a packet of polo mints. :roflmao:
His heating is mended now so has a warm flat again.

When your garage roof is being repaired Penny you will be tea-girl I expect.You have plenty of exercise doing household chores and walking Dolly,without walking round shops Dita.I was very tired lastnight I was asleep by 9.15.Its that extra year I coped yesterday. :roflmao:

Oh well best go and sit comfy near the old boy,while he is still awake watching a cowboy film. :mrgreen: Have a lovely afternoon all.
maggieh

Postby twin1947 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Good evening all,
Been busy today and im off out for dinner soon,hubby is still suffering with hes backthe doctor has given him tramadol for the pain,we went out thismorning in the car and he stayed in car while i went into home bargains,and went we got home he couldnt leap out of the car,so hes staying at home while i go out with my s.i.l as its her birthday today so we celebrating our birthdays together.
We are going to the new weatherspoons so my daughterwants me to take lots pictures of the inside.

This back can take up to 3 weeks to mend :sad: i will need a rest myself soon,im not good at nursing.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Have a super birthday twin, you deserve it. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Commiserations to all who need them, especially exhausted Dita and poor Mr Twin. Hope he gets well soon. Cold and grey here, also but at least it's stayed dry. OH has been busy, replacing the letter flap on the front of the house. The spring had gone on the old one and so it clacked, clattered and rattled every time the wind blew and kept us awake all night on occasion.
Cheaper than re-roofing the garage, anyway. Ouch! But I see now why it's costing so much.
We have new neighbours, arrived today but haven't met them. The previous people were nice but we rarely saw them because the house has high hedges all the way round so there was no opportunity to gossip over the fence. Not sure how LK will take it if they have cats; she's got used to having quite a wide area all to herself!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Morning all, very dull, dry and still very cold. Hope all are O.K. Just off to Sainsbury's for weekly. Big hug for Dolly and soft one for little cats.Hope all are well now. Catch you later. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Nearly good afternoon now. Not too warm outside. We were spoiled by a couple of milder days but are hearing another forecast for a big chill, I won't even take the bus ride into town today although the lung situation is much improved.

My carpal tunnel syndrome made me drop the kettle, scalding my hand on Monday. After doing the hold-under-running- cold-tap (the instructions say 20 minutes but I did it for seven minutes) luckily I still had some sealed dry dressings from the hospital after my wrist operation in 2015. The three big blisters burst yesterday. There is not much pain but the moment of scalding made me scream in pain.

Choir practice this evening - I can hold a lightweight hymnbook but nothing heavy. The other wrist stayed weak since the fracture. I have been relying on the left one which adjoins the scalded hand!! :?

Sea Bass fillet with zucchini today.(Ocado}
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi Penny and all, its very chilly but quite sunny today, it even drew me into the garden for a wonder around admiring the snowdrops and primroses, they seemed to be almost smiling at me and saying 'hey! spring is on its way' :) My neighbour had her carpal tunnel problem operated on last year and she says all is fine Vannin, so sorry to hear that yours is so severe. Saw a bit of news about some street lamps plus a strip of road not being used for anything useful in your town Andere, mind you looking round our town we have buildings which were built years ago still empty since new.??? I do hope all ok at your house Penny, Dolly and I will be over to yours shortly to have a natter as usual, Hugs to all who need one and take care all xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:39 pm

I a hoping to go for the cortisone injection in the left wrist. Unsure whether anything anything can be done with the right, because the wrist is occupied by the metal plate and umpteen screws.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Third attempt. Vannin you certainly do have your share, please take care. Just back from Sainsbury's and called in the cafe for lunch. First time since last October. It was so touching, the original kitchen staff all came out to ask where I had been and how am I . cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 pm

dita wrote:...... Saw a bit of news about some street lamps plus a strip of road not being used for anything useful in your town Andere.....

It's not a road, Dita. Just a footpath across a scruffy old playing field which will eventually lead via an un-scenic route into a tiny park. For some reason, the path was half paved and street lights erected and then work stopped and it ends in a boggy mess. For anyone living the other end of this estate, it would be a quicker route to the station. From here, I'd rather walk via the road which is busy but actually more attractive and interesting. Mostly, N Kesteven District council seem quite sane compared with some places i've lived but the path to nowhere is a puzzle!

A cold but fine day here, definitely getting colder so I hope everyone's got their woolly. vests and liberty bodices (remember those??) handy in the airing cupboard, ready for the Beast From the East? Lots of snowdrops out in the back garden and I don't like to think of them being submerged under a ton of the white stuff.

Poor Vannin. If it's not one thing, it's another. Hope the hand makes a complete recovery soon and please be careful in future. Can anything be done about carpal tunnel syndrome or do you just have to live (dangerously) with it and take a chance on steroid injections? :bighugs:

Penny, that is so touching, the way the Sainsbury's staff came out to greet you. Must have made you feel very warm inside.
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 am

Good morning.It is dry here sun is out but windy.No doubt it is cold out there too which I will find out soon,as Im going to the town with Janet.We will have a mooch around the town and chit chat.

I am not seeing little fellow tomorrow he is going out with mummy and daddy.He drew a picture on my birthday card of me and him holding hands.so sweet.Has anyone here had Greek food?I am going for a greek lunch on Saturday with my daughter.It will be the first time Ive had greek.

Bet you did scream on Monday when you scalded your hand Vannin,hope it gets better soon. :bighugs:
Was nice to feel missed from the cafe staff Penny.Hope you are feeling better Dita from your coughing.Andere hope LK eyes are improving now.
Have a lovely day everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Morning Dita and all. Hope everyone is feeling better today. What a freezing night, nice and sunny now but more cold stuff due. Nothing planned today apart from the usual kitchen stuff. Never tried Greek food Maggieh. I can just imagine how you feel about the little ones card maggieh. Expect That will be your prize possession. Good rugby tonight Dita, BBC 1. kick off 8 pmBig hug for Dolly and soft ones for little cats. Hope are all on the mend. Take care all. cheers.
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes