Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby marieann » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 am

Good morning to everyone. It's snowing very steadily Tony has gone to the day centre, it's his early morning pickup, 8.30, but if this persists they'll bring him home early and he'll be very disappointed if it's before lunchtime. He missed a whole week a couple of weeks ago because the sideroad was blocked and they couldn't get him from the back of the house in the wheelchair to the bus so he'll have his fingers crossed. He much prefers them to me. :lol:

I hope you're both okay, dita, your husband must be really fed up I'm so lucky that apart from my legs I have no serious problems healthwise. Carol, is Tony still alright? Can you remember the week they admitted my Tony four times because of a twisted bowel and kept him overnight then after the fourth time they operated. By the end of that week I was so confused nothing was registering.

This is for penny and Mr Andere because of something ciderman said elsewhere I've ordered Manuka Honey Ointment and I'm hoping it helps my leg ulcers which return as soon as the last lot has cleared. I'll keep you up to date and if it doesn't work we'll all go and get him, that should be a nice break, fingers crossed.
marieann

Postby Penny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Morning Dita and all, So pleased to find some about, after yesterday I thought I had frightened everyone off. Only joking. Thanks for details of ointment, My leg cleared up but my skin kept peeling off, each time i moved flakes of skin covered the carpet. The District nurse asked the doc, to provide a cream called CETRABIN> Simply wonderful. Nearly all of leg now cleared. have a Dental appointment at 12.noon. Of course, all on edge and tummy upset. Simply a coward when it comes to this sort of visit. Always being told I have \white Coat Syndrome but it doesn.t help.,,,simply a coward. I do hope Carol is on the mend and all with these winter problems. Big hug for Dolly and soft one for little ones. Hope to catch you later. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi, all. I endorse what Marieann said about Manuka honey. We used neat 30+ Manuka honey on OH's first leg ulcer and it helped enormously. The clinic here used something else under the pressure bandages but I still keep the honey to help cleanse and heal any nasty cuts, etc that anyone gets.
We've had the Great Flaking, too. It will pass with moisturization but your vacuum cleaner will need emptying often for a week or two!
Hope the dentist isn't too foul today. I find the anticipation is often worse than the event but knowing that never makes it any easier! :bighugs: for being brave.
How did Mr Dita get on yesterday?

Not much happening here. No snow (yet) and a neighbour has hung his washing out. Now, there's an optimist!
Andere Richtingen

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:44 pm

marieann wrote:
Carol, is Tony still alright? Can you remember the week they admitted my Tony four times because of a twisted bowel and kept him overnight then after the fourth time they operated. By the end of that week I was so confused nothing was registering.

I think he's holding his own. He can still drive but won't go out unless I'm in the car with him. His confidence is shot. Often if we meet people when we're out he bluffs when he's talking to them It's only later when he confesses to me that he had no idea who they were that I realise how bad he's getting. The other week it happened with his cousin and only yesterday with a man he used to work with. It makes him very frustrated but I assure him I will always be there to look after him and it calms him down.

Yes Marie - I well remember the twisted bowel saga with your Tony. Has he had any more problems with it since?
caroljoyce

Postby dita » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi Penny and all, its not too bad a day , hope all went well at the dentist, makes one cringe just at the thought, pleased your legs are easier that Manuka is clever stuff. Andere thanks for your thoughts :) We are awaiting results of his yesterdays tests as well now, depending on the results it will hopefully gives us the facts of his pending bowel operation as to whether it can be done or not. Thanks for your thoughts too Marieanne, when someone has a high level Mental illness as well as physical problems like my OH it is sometimes very frustrating because all the medications have side effects and it is hard finding the right one that is causing a problem, could be one that keeps his brain function in check, if they take him off it well-----I'll leave it to your imagination. Dolly is so happy you are feeling better Penny and looking forward to the meet up you promised :) Big hugs for everyone from us both this end xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi Dita and all. Nice and sunny hear but really cold. Back from the dentist, no problem, still got all teeth but one which I lost as a girl. I do hope all partners are coping and getting on. My fingers crossed for all. Take care folk and do keep warm. cheers Penny. :grouphug:
Penny

Postby marieann » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm

They have reduced Tony's Parkinson's medication to almost zero, dita, because it causes mental problems, they just can't win can they.
It still hasn't helped but his isn't severe they call it a psychosis and it comes and goes but when it's here he suffers. I sympathise with you
it's so hard to watch when you can't do anything.

The parcel came with the manuka honey ointment this afternoon and when I opened it it was Biona organic brown rice syrup, I couldn't even find that on their website.
I emailed and told them I would return that to them but I didn't want to wait another week for something I could get from Amazon tomorrow and would like a refund.
They replied immediately and said not to bother sending the syrup back and they had already refunded the £28.50. Victoriahealth, I thought that was very good
of them It's so easy to make a mistake. I wish you had all seen my face when I opened the parcel I couldn't help but smile afterwards. I've ordered from Amazon,
much cheaper, and they've forced a free month's prime trial on me, I may keep it. :roll:
marieann

Postby Penny » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Morning Dita and all, A bit dull, cold and a little rain so far. Hope it clears for the big Rugby Matches this afternoon. do hope everyone is keeping warm and as well as possible. A bih hug for Dolly, hope she manages a little game today, soft hug for little ones, hope eyes are o.k. and itchy skin clearing. Take care all. cheers Penny,
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi Penny and all, we have rain after waking up to a frosty morning, Have ITV on------can you guess why Penny :) Hope your son has got over the flu bug and ready for his visit to Twickenham where I shall be waiting for a wave. Golly Marieann I have never heard of that Biona Brown Syrup stuff not much in common with Manuka Honey, interested to know what the Syrup ointment is good for???? I eat a little Honey each day not necessarily Manuka but mostly English Local because have missed it since we gave up keeping our own Bees. Just awaiting kick-off Penny, Dolly jealous because its too wet in the garden and so its a kick-a-bout in here. Big Hugs :bighugs: from us both, and take care all xx :grouphug: :grouphug:
:bighugs:
Marieann meant to say a couple of my OH's medications are used for Epilepsy and Parkinsons - Zaluron--=Quetiapine (SP) and Depakote , confusing how they are always changing the names of meds, and the funny thing is his hands shake terribly but they are worried to take him off anything. :dunno:
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi Dita, did you watch our rugby with Farrell giving a good performance. Fantastic.cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:36 pm

A quick hi from me to all as I sit here listening to the rain splattering on the windows again. When will it ever stop? After a foul morning, we had a few hours of cold, dry and clear weather in the late afternoon/early evening so decided to take a trip over to Willingham for a fish supper at the village pub. Really superb food, and a great run there and back down the back roads in the dark - OH pretending he's a rally driver :roll: .

A nice lazy day planned for tomorrow. Hope all are safe and warm and enjoying the weekend.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a bit raw with occasional sunshine here today, hoping the garden dries enough for a little girls exercise programme which wears me out very quickly. The Rugby was great Penny, and Farrell was giving his all as usual, that little squirmish they had really amused me as well. Guess we will be watching it today too :) Hope you are having a quiet day Andere, think fish and chips are almost my favourite meal, we have one good British fish shop in town and we often treat ourselves on the way home from grocery shop, bit costly now-a-days but worth it think it was £9 last week for a couple of enormous haddock, 2 carton peas + 1 portion of chips. Hope you are all feeling better now, hugs from us both and take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Morning Dita and all. (4th attempt) Hope all are well and keeping warm. Very odd today in the paper, Manuka Honey advertised as special offer of £21.99. 5oog jar. Normal price £62.99. Bit over the top I thought. Weather fine but bitter cold. Hope Dolly enjoys a game this afternoon, meanwhile big hug and soft one for little ones. Pleased you enjoyed Rugby Dita, hoping to watch more today. Hope you get a nice lazy day Andere. Just prepared lunch. Favourite of OH, steak and ringed potatoes.mushrooms and beans. Do take care all. Hope to get on again later, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:51 am

Morning Dita and all, hope everyone is OK and ready to enjoy the sunny but cold day. Awaiting man to come and repair garage roof but not turned up yet. wish tere was more rugby today, it was fantastic yesterday. hope you enjoyed it dita. Hope Dolly gets a good game this PM. Big hug and soft one for the little ones. Have a good day all and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Cold and bright here, also. Quite beautiful, really. LK is stretched full length along the conservatory windowsill (inside!) attempting to bake herself :sunglasses: . Hope you get your garage roof fixed before it rains again, Penny. I thought our shed had got a leak a couple of weeks ago but there's been no repeat of the rain on the inside so I think it was just rain being blown in under the eaves. It's all dried up now, anyway so one less thing to worry about.
Have a nice day, all. I'm off to do the ironing and to construct a chili con carne for tonight.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes