Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Penny wrote:Hi Dita and all, not too bad a day although cold and wind is rising hour by hour. Looks like we all have odd weather over the weekend so do take care and keep warm, if possible hibernate the same as Andere and LK. Feel I am hibernating and rather bored. Sorry it will be a no football Dolly but not quite the weather so keep cosy and warm and think of good times to come.big hug for you and soft one for little pussies. Still awaiting news of puss with skin problem. Never remember its name. Do hope O>K> cheers Penny

Hi Penny and everyone, There has been an obstacle to my putting on a breeziness for posting. But it is not about Trixie, because at this time of year both puss and I try to forget about the annual skin hell she goes through - often called harvest mite! In fact June till November is more realistic. My big problem from November onwards (till next June!) has been how she lost trust in me because I constantly tried to administer soothing relief in various forms, which reminds her of the vet (probably) So she kept running away from me when I so wanted to give a big cuddle of reassurance. However she comes to spend some time on the bed since cold nights arrived, and she relaxed in the family's company at Christmas. She also seeks lap-time with me in the days. There is a bond between Trixie and my son-in-law, whereas she didn't 'know' men much!

There was shock news from Ireland where all my (younger) first cousins live. The youngest, Kevin (46) has had a foot amputated. It was a month before Christmas the accident happened but nobody thought to notify me till an email on Christmas morning - of ALL times. He is/was a welder and an iron girder fell on his foot which was too mangled to be saved. I am awaiting updates but know he is out of the hospital in Tullamore, after two ops. His mother is 89 and my other surviving aunt is 95 and had a cardiac arrest on her big birthday. But she has bounced back!
So there are the updates as far as I can tell. My next hosp apptmt is in a week and I might find out what what is, or was,happening with those multiple embolisms. It is said to take at least six months for dispersal. August 1st was the diagnosis but I'd had the breathlessness for many months before. I just feel drained a lot of the time and d'k whether it is caused by the anticoagulant medication.
So Penny, nothing to worry about here - you keep up your improvement and the optimism. Wishing you and everyone a Happy New Year with good health and happiness.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Thank you so much for finding time to reply vannin you have my sympathy, Not a very nice year ending for you I am so pleased Trixie is OK although off hand with you. We must pray this year is a better one for you and yours. Take care. cheers Penny,
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Good morning everyone.A dry fresh looking day here.Am waiting for a Iceland Delivery to come between 10/12.Only thing with waiting I can't hoover or make noise as I have to listen out for the buzzer to let the chap in.

Oh what fun I had with the curtains,lol.I thought it would be easier to work the curtains on the pole.So I got the linings and unhinged the curtains off the rings.By this time my arms were aching.Had a little rest.Got back up at the pole started putting the lining on and it kept falling off.Blow to this I thought.So gave up on that.When my daughter came round next day I told her what Id been doing.She then told me off for climbing when no one else was here with me.Plus standing on something with wheels on it. :mrgreen:
So she set to doing it herself.Plus hung a sun catcher up for me.

I came here last night to write but as I logged in my internet went off for a hour.That was annoying too.So I turned the router off at the wall checked all leads then it kicked back in.Had a stupid 5 mins Saturday morning.I put a xbox dvd into my laptop drawer.Then it got stuck.Got it out on Sunday morning after searching google for help. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi Dita and all. What a funny old day you had maggieh, like me I guess, going round the bend. Just had the district nurse round to bandage my legs again. She said the
ulcer ??? was on its way at last. I said I am going to sue the hospital as I went in for my hip operation and have nothing but leg trouble since. She laughed as she knew I was joking but it is driving me up the pole. Awaiting news Dita, please tell us everything is OK for hubby Mine is in his usual chair snoring away. Decided on bangers and mash with sweet onion today. Got some lovely strawberries and cream ready. Hope you all have better weather than us. So dark, cold and miserable. Due to get colder. Going to hibernate. Big hug for Dolly and special for Trixie plus soft ones for all others. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Penny and all, Hubby arrived home about an hour ago after being there since 9.15am, the results means he has to have more polyps removed because one in particular is suspect of getting bigger and multiplying then turning to cancer, they are hoping to catch it before it reaches that state, he will be admitted hopefully in a couple of weeks. Tried to write this before but it vanished, seems we are all having a problem, ours was a power cut so even the kettle was out of bounds and we were both gasping :( My friends daughter sent a text to say her Mum was a little better today which was welcome news because Pneumonia is the worry. Pleased you have got your curtains sorted Maggieh, you are as bad as me climbing when you shouldn't. :grouphug: Pleased your legs are easier Penny, its a real good idea to sue them they should have been more careful :) seriously though its good you are on the mend. Big hugs from Dolly Penny, and take care everyone from me and Hubby xxxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi Dita, so pleased to get your reply and pray the oncoming op. will solve the problems for good. Pleased you got some good news re your poorly friend. So dark and miserable here and am browned off. Ask Dolly to come over and keep me company. Take care and get lots of rest. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 pm

You're not alone with dark & miserable, Penny. We've had lights on all day here, which is really unusual in this house with its big windows and glass doors. It just makes me keep thinking I've got up too early and should go back to bed! Glad your legs are improving. I began to despair that OH would ever get better but the good news is, he came home from the leg clinic today with the bandages off and knee length support socks on. Stick with it, girl and the bandages will work!
Dita - you and OH can rest quietly at last now you know what the problem is. Fingers will be crossed for his op and hoping it'll all be done and dusted before anything nasty evolves.
Nice to hear from Vannin and to know that Trixie's OK if distrustful. Poor puss; the trust may be hard to ever win back but, at least, she still wants lap time, etc so all is not completely lost. What a horrible thing to happen to your cousin. Hope he recovers as well as possible. It's scary how quickly these life-changing accidents can occur and all good wishes to him.
Hope everyone else is OK and keeping warm and dry. Best wishes to all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Morning Dita and all. Do hope everyone is keeping well and warm. Awoke to rain and very dark, now very bright and sunny which we are promised is for the day.Nothing planned today except catching up with laundry.bih hug for Dolly and soft ones for all little ones and Trixie. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Good afternoon all,
Lovely sunny day here and dry but rather chilly,can put up with that as i,m not going anywhere today.
Glad to see Dita,s hubby has hes results at last,hope he doesnt have to wait too long for the op.
Feeling lazy today :roflmao:
twin1947

Postby dita » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi Penny and all, been dark and rainy here all day too, made me feel like doing very little workwise and must admit it wasn't very hard to succeed that effort :) Thanks for your comments Twin, we will just be patient as usual, see you have had sun today wondered where it had gone. Poor Dolly still missing a game of rugby in the garden and I'm struggling to find enough energy keeping her occupied in doors. My online Tesco shop is due anytime so off I go and prepare for its arrival. Hope all well with your legs now Penny, big hug from Dolly, and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi Dita,and all. getting dull here now, although it has been fine with no rain. Do hope all are O>K sorry about Dolly, wish I could dash over for a game. Fingers crossed for good news from all, not a good time of year yet, If you don't hear from me after tomorrow for a few days its because we are having all our electricity changed =, the games son bought us for Xmas wont work on the one we have, it is too low.. So for now, take are and keep warm. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi Penny and all, hope I catch you before your leccy off, came on early because OH has just gone for his injection which he has to have every 3mnths. Its a dull misty old day which certainly doesn't help our mood, looks like its here for the day and that means too soggy for football again apart from an indoor match. Not a lot to say today unless I moan about my aches and pains and whatever but the good news is my friend is picking up and responding to antibiotics, I'm not sure about her radio therapy treatment though. Big hugs to Penny from Dolly and me, also take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi Dita and all, just as bad here Dita, so dark and miserable. Just done a quickie to Sainsbury's. Boy was I pleased to get back and sit down.. Still I have to keep trying as the nurse said. Sorry for Dolly, it is not good for animals this time of year, pity the poor cats with their wet fur. Do hope your friend continues on the right side also your OH. Got the P>O> coming tomorrow to sort out our wiring etc, so If I am missing, worry not. Big hug for Dolly and soft one for pussies including Trixie.. Take are and keep warm. For anyone on the wine list, Lidl have good offers today,, a red popular one less than £3.00 cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Oh dear. I stocked up on booze at Aldi last week! No room for any more stocks until I've drunk some :sad:
Damp, dank, grey and thoroughly miserable here also. Been into town for a little shopping; had a coffee & gossip session with a friend; other than that, most of the day has been spent parked in a chair with LK on my knee. Wake me up when it's spring, someone, please! OH not doing much. I tried to talk him into looking at holidays but he says he won't until he's got his gastric problems sorted out. Which would be OK if they actually are sortable ...
Glad to hear of your friend's improvement, Dita. Every little step forward must be encouraging.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Morning Dita and all, trying to get all done early in case i a cut off today. Dull but dry after a very misty night. Just about to get the ironing done so have been up and about quite a bit. Big hug for Dolly, tell her I think weather will improve and she will get her games again. My friend in USA has had and is still having snow so we are lucky so far.. Big soft hug for pussies extra soft for Trixie.. Take care. cheers enny.
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes