Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi Penny and all, been misty and murky again, it is very muddy in the fields and poor Dolly got blathered after a short walk today, think a bath time is very soon imminent probably tomorrow. I do hope your OH will soon get his bowels sorted Andere, like you waiting for similar made me think of men and the importance of their needs-----am I right in saying looking after their stomachs by feeding them well is one of them??? :) and when we do we get problems. I have a basket of ironing waiting Penny wish I'd known. Big hug from Dolly and me, take care all xx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:17 am

Goodmorning all,
Bright sunny day here and dry.
Am out and about today as need to buy a new mouse as this one is causing surfing problems pages keep rolling.
Then go to visit the in laws and give them there sandwiches etc for there tea tonight,they have meals on wheels at lunchtime,they are 93 & 83 so need looking after.Just hope they dont get these flu bugs ,i dont want it either.
Also i must hang the washing on the clothes horse ,suddenly i seem to have lots going on.
Anyway pleased to see Maisie is ok.

Enjoy your day everyone.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:54 am

Morning Dita and all, not very bright here and day is due to remain the same. Nothing planned, too dull to venture out. Do hope Carol is on the mend. Amazing how many folk down with flu this year. Big hug for Dolly and same for all little ones. Take care folk and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a bit of a dull outlook here too, best to keep inside and take it easy and warm. Twin1947's in laws are very lucky to have her looking after them, it doesn't happen to everyone, not all families care about their older folk these days. Just gonna take Doggie out for five minutes and get just a small amount of fresh air, big hugs from Dolly and me before we go Penny, and take care all. xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:17 am

My next hospital appointment is this Wednesday, and so far I have not received a cancellation letter. There was a telephone appmt with the Respiratory Consultant on Oct 30th, and he has referred me to the Haemotologist. It is nearly six months since the diagnosis of multiple embolisms on both lungs and I believe they take at least six months to disperse.

So they may be long gone, considering my breathlessness started nearly 2 years ago, (the GP took a year to refer me) and it will need another Pulmonary Angiogram CT Scan to see if the dispersal has happened. I don't like being in the dark about 'what is going on', but with luck, I can soon get some detail . I still have no idea how/why I had blood clots in the first place.

I wish everyone a good week.

It is coming up to the first anniversary of the death of my man friend, and the coping is improving.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 pm

vannin wrote:It is coming up to the first anniversary of the death of my man friend, and the coping is improving.

:bighugs:

Wishing you nothing but good news at the hospital, Vannin.

Hello to everyone from yet another deeply grey day. I have noticed a lot more birdsong the past few days so perhaps the feathered fraternity are sensing the approach of spring. I've also got a lovely vase of English daffodils coming out beside me, found as tight little buds in a supermarket on Friday - definitely the most cheer I can remember getting for 95p ever!

Dita, you're right about feeding men. We spend our waking lives planning and cooking sensible, tasty things, trying to control their weight (because they won't do it themselves), generally trying to keep them fed and happy according to current guidelines (reduce the carbs, 5 a day, less red meat, etc, etc) and still it comes back to bite us on the bum ... Mine has been heard to mumble recently "what's the point of sensible?" and I hate to admit I know where he's coming from! Anyhow, I've just told him I need a day off from the kitchen so we'll both throw caution to the winds later and go out for a pub meal. That's about as far as I will go today. All this grey does nothing to entice me outside.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi Penny and all, Good to see you Vannin, wishing you all the best results possible on your illness. How is that little Trixie? hope she is giving you plenty of hugs. Hope you had an enjoyable pub meal Andere, pleased you agree with what I feel about the males need in life they are such poor souls :( :) Like you these dark grey days do nothing for my personality. Big hugs to all from Dolly and yours truly xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi Dita and all, like everyone else, wishing you very good luck with results vannin. Have told Trixie to be extra nice to you. Same as Dita and Andere, we all share the same views on men. Mine is watching darts at present. Hope all are well despite this weather, it is colder today.. Big hug for Dolly, hope you enjoyed your walkies today. Big hug for Trixie and other little ones. Be good today. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:45 pm

dita wrote:Hi Penny and all, Good to see you Vannin, wishing you all the best results possible on your illness. How is that little Trixie? hope she is giving you plenty of hugs.

. Big hugs to all from Dolly and yours truly xx

Thank you Dita and all. Trixie is being very loving now and that defensiveness when she was lashing out,then running away - seems like a memory of a different (traumatised) cat.

The past week, as well as short night-time visits to my bed, she has done nocturnal outings with the result I receive a present almost every morning. A little corpse awaits me just at the foot of the stairs when I come down. If that is not love, I don't know what is!!! She manages to leave them looking undamaged, just sleeping. So, before I do careful disposals, I make sure! Poor little things. She spent those few Summer weeks choosing to be a housecat, so is compensating now for not mousing then! If one was ever brought upstairs then through-doors will be closed. :magnify:
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:59 am

Morning Dita and allAfter a very rainy night starting to look brighter. So pleased about Trixie, makes me me envious that I can.t give her a big hug. I adore cats. I hope everyone is keeping well. Any news from Carol? Big hug for Dolly, think she may be able to enjoy a game today. Hugs also for all little ones. Take care all and have a good day. Hope news of your friend continues to be on the up Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi Penny and all, we had quite a heavy storm this morning which you can guess prevented fun and games and even the walkies which I am sure OH sneaked out of craftily by waiting for the few minutes as the first spots arrived??, Sounds to me you have got a very loving little friend there now Vannin, she brings you pressies as well :) My friend seems to be improving which is good news Penny, I wish it was the same for my other life long friend whose daughter died only a few weeks ago, just a week or so after the funeral of his sister Jonathan was driving towards home when he suffered a sudden heart attack and his heart stopped, luckily they got it re-started but he is still very ill, my friend doesn't know where she is but thank goodness her Grandchildren are wonderful at looking after her. What a shock though!. Looks like rain again now, nearly cuppa time :) big hugs from Dolly and me Penny, and take care everyone xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Morning Dita and all. Keep getting wiped off again. Somebody does not like me.......Do hope you all have this lovely sunshine only snag it is bitterly cold. I am keeping fingers crossed as we have had a warning of gales in this area, young chappie who was coming tree cutting on Thursday has just cancelled. For anyone who buys ready meals hubby say to try Oven cooked fish and chips from Sainsbury's, under £3.00 a pack and he says they are the best he has ever eaten, just butted in to say he intends to have them once a week. Hope Dolly has the same sunny weather today along with a big hug. Soft hugs for all little ones. Wishing your old friend a better year Dita, she really has had a bad one until now. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Nice bright dry day here but windy and bitter cold.Went as far as the local co op and back in the warm for the rest of the day.I must settle down and get drawing.It is back to drawing group tomorrow,I should have gone there last week.But I am sure she said to go back week starting 15th Jan,I even wrote it down.She got intouch with my daughter last week to see where I was. :mrgreen:

Last Friday night was a rough night here,some young lad decided to treat us all to a bit of his music.He started off at 10pm was'nt too bad,but it then got louder at midnight until 5.30 am Saturday morning.I felt really washed out with 2 hours sleep.I could'nt let Logan down and not go and see him.I was in bed and asleep at 9pm. :roflmao:

Hope you get on ok at the hostipal Vannin.So sweet of trixie to bring you a pressie indoors.Dolly should be ok for a game of football today Dita.Take care everyone.No flu bugs wanted here.I am thinking of getting a mask. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi Penny and all, not much sunshine here really it was nice most of the morning but went down hill and we have had sleet and snow showers from lunch onwards, Dolly did get a bit of a walk while I was cooking lunch but it was spitting with rain ?? :) hee hee. The daughter of my other friend who has had the radio-therapy is still in hospital and things are not too good, the worse being a future life span of a few months left which is not a good outlook for her or anyone :( nuff said. Blooming loud music Maggieh bet you felt like doing all sorts of things at the little ????you know whats ! !. I usually buy 2 battered pieces of fresh cod from Sainsburys without the chips Penny and they are nice. I am very late today been one of those sort of days. Big hugs from Dolly and me Penny and take care all of you xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi Dita, pleased you are OK. So sorry about the young woman, must be dreadful for her family I was waiting all morning for my district nurse and finally a strange one came later. Would you believe my usual lady is down with flu. The relief one was very nice but the number of bandages round my leg has made it impossible for me to wear my shoes so goodness knows what I am going to do if I have to go out shopping. Son has changed his hours so I have't seen him for a day or two. Never rains but etc.etc. Do take care Dita and give Dolly a big hug. cheers Penny,
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes