Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Thu May 24, 2018 4:17 pm

Good day everyone.The afternoon has been better weatherwise than this morning.We are meant to be getting lovely heatwave over the weekend.So get the fans ready to turn on. :roflmao:

Nothing exciting to report from here today.I did venture to the shop and back.

Have a lovely evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu May 24, 2018 7:41 pm

It's a lovely evening here after a very murky morning. It's as though we've gone from winter to high summer all at once.

Poor LK is due for her trip to the vets tomorrow; full general anaesthetic and a dental descaling plus any further work needed. I'm about to go and remove her food bowl so she can starve for 12 hours and that's going to make me feel REALLY mean!

We heard from our solicitor today that contracts are being exchanged in respect of the house sale tomorrow. I can't believe how fast this is all happening! Completion is about 3 or 4 weeks away; that'll be like closing the last page of a book. :)
Andere Richtingen

cahair

Postby Penny » Fri May 25, 2018 10:55 am

Morning Dita and all. Hope everyone is on the up. Fingers crossed for LK today, pray all goes well. Hubby is passing 21 today. at present, lounging in his armchair waiting to see if we can go out with son and his family for lunch. Depends on time District nurse comes. Hope this comes out OK, had so many probs since Wed. Lost everything yesterday and so did OH. Big hug for Dolly. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri May 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi Penny and all, Also Happy Birfday to the Gemini within our midst, there will be another very soon?? Hope you manage to get lunch out after all Penny. Good Luck L Katt, Little Dolly has been through those sort of problems 3 times, she is really in need again but the anesthetic ??? it does not become an easy task----she reacts badly. Thought your Computer problems sorted instead they are worse Penny, hugs from Dolly and take care all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri May 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Happy birthday to Mr Penny and I hope you all managed a celebratory lunch for him in the end.

It's been wet and dark here for most of the day but is now drying up. Still feels very heavy and muggy, though. We don't care! Not today, anyway! The vets just called to say LK is conscious, eating and generally recovering well and I can go and bring her home at 6:30 this evening. We thought initially that she'd have to stay in overnight because they started the procedure very late, about 3pm, even though we took her in at 8:30 this morning.
Our solicitor also rang to let us know that contracts have now been exchanged on the house. Yeeeee -hah!! :banana: We celebrated both bits of news with a big slice of carrot cake :lol:

Poor little Dolly. What a prospect - a sore mouth or being made ill by anaesthetic. I once had a bad reaction and it was scary but many years ago and drugs and techniques have improved enormously since then. These little animals seem so frail and vulnerable, though. Gentle doggy hugs from here.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri May 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi all, OH says thank you very much for kind thoughts and yes, nurse came early so we we able to pop over to son and he took us all to lunch at a very old, thatched Inn,called The ?? Stag and the meal was superb. We then returned to son"s and both he and grandson spent time opening presents. What a happy hour. Finally cut the cake but all having such a gorgeous lunch, we could only eat a little cake. All in all a fantastic day. Do hope result is OK now for little ones. Big hug for Dolly. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat May 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Morning Dita and all. Hope weather is not too dull, keeps changing here and the forecast was wrong.. Hope little ones are OK now and back to bright and cheerful. . Now,possible thunderstorms. Don't forget Grand Priz. at 12.30. Son and family off to see Saracens for 2.o"clock today Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat May 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi Penny and all, so pleased you had a great family celebration for your OH's special day Penny, we miss out on that sort of thing now-a-days because we all live far apart. I earlier I was thinking about your son when I saw Saracens were playing, was sure he'd be planning a visit to watch them today. The sun has just decided to peep through, hopefully will get out in the garden to do a little weeding. Pleased L K is fine, I am still debating the problem ?? Have a great weekend everyone from Dolly and yours truly xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat May 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Greetings to all. After a grey day, we now have an absolutely lovely, sunny evening. I kind of wish I was going somewhere to enjoy it. :sunglasses:

LK is home and happy and doing well. I was advised to try and keep her indoors today while she fully recovered from the anaesthetic but, after a morning of Miserable Cat, I gave up and let her out because it was obvious she'd rather have kidney damage than use the litter tray. I was a bit worried she might not come home because we had OH's friend here doing some electrical work and she hates strangers in the house, even when they're cat lovers like this chap. But it's fine. Considering had 3 teeth removed and has stitches in her gums, she's eating very well. OH says we should abandon the local dentist and ask the vets to look after our teeth!

I've spent the afternoon making pea & ham soup, the proper way with a ham hock and dried peas. Now we have soup to last at least a week. :lol:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun May 27, 2018 11:33 am

Morning Dita and all. So pleased to get good news re puss. Hope it continues. Did anyone get the thunder storms overnight. When I awoke to lovely sunshine, thought I had dreamt the storm. Off to a birthday do this afternoon, inlaw is 82, she has quite a few relatives so will be quite a do. OH is printing off his pics of the blue tits in the box, one with all the beaks wide open and mommy stuffing one of them. Quite a picture if you have never seen inside a nest before. We have not, specially one with 8 chicks. Fantastic.Hope I haven"t bored you all. Take care. Big hug for Dolly... cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun May 27, 2018 11:50 am

Hi Penny and all, What thunderstorms?- we didn't have one and its sunny here today too, Dolly dot has already been exhausting herself and OH in the garden already. I am pleased to know LK is fit and well after her extractions Andere. bless her she was very brave. Would love to see the picture Penny all those little open beaks--fantastic :) Got thoughts on lunch now, big hugs Penny and take care all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun May 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Oh, Penny, please ask your OH if he'll let you post one of those pix here.They sound adorable and I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face just thinking about them.

No thunderstorms here, either. I was listening to the radio about 11pm last night and people were calling LBC from all over southern England talking about the gales, torrential rain and continuous sheet lightning. It was a gorgeous evening here and it felt like they were talking about another country, or even another planet. It's still sunny here but very gusty and breezy and very muggy so I think we may get some rain later.

Having a quiet day today as we couldn't find anything we wanted to do badly enough to go out for! Maybe tomorrow.... LK is taking convalescence seriously: flaked out on the conservatory windowsill.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon May 28, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi Penny and all, A friend over the road from us rang very urgently because her son had picked up a little baby Blue-tit yesterday and had no idea what to do with it, she had put in a small container lined with cotton wool, and was not in good shape although fully feathered and looked well in shock, sadly it died through the night,--got me thinking about your nest of babies Penny :) It is another sunny day, not any rain or storms here--Yippee! Hugs to you Penny from Dolly, and take care all xx
dita

Postby dita » Tue May 29, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi Penny and all.
dita

Postby Penny » Tue May 29, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi Dita and all, hope this stays put. Fed up with the times I write-then get cut off. Try again. Did you get the pics, Dita. sent yesterday. Since this change over we don't know who hears from us and it is a bit annoying. OH managed pics of baby tits and sent them to you so hope they arrive. We both said you could repeat them on here as you are much better at it than us, {putting on line I meant} ha ha. So fed up off to Prince of Wales for lunch. Big hug for Dolly and take care all. Catch you later. chappie back from Spain today and might pop in. Cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes