Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Hello everyone, white bubbly clouds, blue sky and sun at the moment hope it lasts, Dolly looking forward to a kick around and so we are waiting for the grass to dry. It is my sons birthday today, we have shared a text or two this morning, seems a long while since 1964 and of course it is. Hugs from Dolly to you Penny and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi all. gorgeous weather and clear blue sky. Could really do with some rain as.lawns all looking yellow. Had intended to visit the lake today but OH has been having aching legs so we stayed put. Wish your son a Happy Birthday from us all. Very windy here. Hope everyone is OK. Big hug for Dolly and same for all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi Penny and all, bit blustery, sunny good drying weather for OH's pants blowing in the wind-----less ironing for me :) Son thanks you for your wishes on his birthday, he seems to have a bit of a thing about ageing at the moment, we had a good chat last night and he said no celebrations and they were having Shepherds Pie and a glass of wine instead of champagne. Poor lad :) Dolly sends you a big hug Penny and take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:54 pm

I too am having shepherds Pie and a glass of wine later! No birthday, I just felt like a change!
vannin

Postby maggieh » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Guess what I have got for my dinner tonight Shepherds Pie,but no wine. :mrgreen:

Good afternoon hope you are all fighting fit today.Any sore arms from flu injections.Haven't had mine yet.

Bit gloomy weather wise here,looks like it is going to rain one minute,then bit brighter the next.It is quite windy but not cold.No heating turned on here yet.

Noddy has'nt turned his on yet,he is going to wait until October/November.So I won't put mine on while his here.He can put a cover over him. :roflmao: He is very tight money wise.

My next door neighbour put a note through my door to say the council are coming to look at her noisy pipes tomorrow.Thank goodness for that.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:57 pm

This thing playing up again. put a long screed on and it vanished. Back from lunch, my usual scampi and chips for my birds. Had a desert today first ever called Knickerbocker glory. We shared one, hubby said could not have one each as they had run out of Knickers.ha ha. On the way back called at the new Lidl store nr Kempston. No wonder they are getting to the top of the trade. Stocks of everything and so cheap. Bought some BBQRibs and at one of the counters, three couples in turn said I was to go ahead as I was in a lot of back pain today. So very kind. A Big Thank you to Lidl customers.. Understand your son with this age thing Dita, we all go through it. I do hope all are getting on OK. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Lovely windy day today. Not a howling gale, just a lovely, stiff breeze with clouds scudding across the sky and intermittent sunshine. I feel as though all the cobwebs have blown away! (Although they haven't. The ones on the car are still going strong. Does anyone else get cobwebs between the mirrors and the doors? Even after a visit to the car wash, they're back the next morning. I get the feeling there's a whole clan of spiders living inside the door mirrors but we never see one, only the webs.)

Maggie, I had my flu vaccination last Thursday and, until last night, it hurt so much I couldn't sleep lying on that side. OH was the same. His still hurts but mine is OK today. Our heating is switched on, on the timer, but it only kicks in if the house temperature falls below about 17C. I'm not at all sure, in an average year, I would wait for October/November. Maybe you should point out to Noddy that people who live in cold houses tend to die younger. Sadly, that's a fact.

I love our local Lidl, Penny. It only opened about 18 months ago and the fruit, veg and chilled foods are first rate. If you don't feel like or forget to make bread, their Low GI loaf is superb. OH goes there for the bargain aisle in the middle; I go for all sorts of stuff that nobody else sells!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:54 am

Morning Dita and all, very windy here, very dark then sunny, We have rain forecast for tomorrow,OH just gone out for lunch with the boys so having a peaceful day. Hope everyone is well and keeping warm., Hope Logan is beginning to enjoy school now. Back to Strictly on Saturday, hope it turns out like the normal ones without so much chatting.Hope you are OK Dita, I put extra on the quiz page but did not see you enter. : Looking out now I don't think I have ever seen winds so heavy here.Trees and plants looking as though they will be uprooted any minute. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi Penny and all, its quite windy here but not as bad as other parts of the country at the moment, hope it stays that way. Missed the quiz extra ones you put on Penny, have been on today though :) Wish your OH could take my OH with him to lunch and give me a bit of peace Penny, but it never happens. Ha Ha there is a few hanging baskets waving about quite dangerously as I look out of my window, hope they don't clonk someone on the head as they walk past the lady who lives opposite. Dolly and I will not be going out, big hug from us both and take care all xx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Good afternoon All,
Rather blowy here too,and sun keeps popping in and out,plus its dry which is good.
I just read about a caravan got blown over a cliff in high winds in Ireland and the lady died poor soul.
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Really windy here, too, but it's stayed dry so far. Very muggy and warm so we have windows open which makes the wind sound really ferocious ... LK has decided it's just about hibernation time and has spent much of the day on my bed. It's not worrying OH, however. I don't think he's stirred out of his chair since breakfast time except to use the loo. How DO they get to be so idle? I think he was probably a cat in a previous life.

I spoke to Daughter this morning. She seems to be making reasonable progress, not quite so sore but bored!
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:53 pm

[quote="Andere Richtingen"]Maybe you should point out to Noddy that people who live in cold houses tend to die younger. Sadly, that's a fact.
I often wonder how we weathered our childhood and are still soldiering on. That was REAL cold, I clearly remember 1947 when I started school(the Shinwell winter) and we just got on with it. Bedrooms were cold, even icy because 'ordinary' people didn't have central heating. Most of my age group, when we compare notes, remember the layer of beautiful ice that formed INside the bedroom windows. Beautiful because it formed patterns. There was not the scale of bronchitis then, COPD neither, because we were hardened to the climate and conditions.

T.B. sufferers, like my father, seemed to be encouraged into cold surroundings. The sanatoriums, as treatment, pushed the beds containing patients, out on the balconies in all weathers. I was taken to visit, as a young child, and saw it. They did have blankets of course.

Then, by the age of eight, I was shunted off to boarding school, my first experience of radiators, which we loved, of course. It was a joy to sit on the flat tops of them till prefects came along saying 'If you sit there you'll get piles'! The c.h. was the one advantage I can balance against the sheer misery of spending ten years at these places.
Last edited by vannin on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Andere, I am glad your daughter is making progress. It is encouraging when a consultant phones and then we know they care.
I had my flu jab this afternoon, the quadruple. Will see how I fare overnight!

Lidl is right beside the GP surgery but I don't buy very often because it a trek to the bus station especially with shopping - and the till queues are a bit offputting though the cashiers are very quick. Interestingly a new Aldi is due to open just around the corner from Lidl which has been there about ten years. Queue lengths could change overnight!

I appear to have become allergic to Trixie, which is the very last thing ever expected. From googling a mine of information on late-onset cat allergy, it is quite common and we can cope, no problem. Her position in charge of the home remains intact. The vet tried her on a brand new med which you add to food with a dropper. In theory, they eat the food. Trixie? Not. The smell sent her running from it the first day, not unpleasant just noticeable when a cat is a guinea pig for it. (Still she is OK following last week's steroid jab). The new 'discovery' 50mls costs over £100, but the vet did a deal whereby she let me off two consultation fees, which I believe would have been over £100.
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi Penny and everyone, not much to say apart from its just started to rain. UGH! OH been for his 3 monthly injection, came back to his lunch and is now asleep -------just thinking about what Andere said about men being idle in her post a couple back. Pleased your daughter ok Andere. Could'nt help giggling about your remark about being allergic to Trixie Vannin, I very often think that about Dolly, she jumps on my knee curls up and I very often get a coughing fit and can never find out why apart from the fact I get Asthma too :) Hope you are ok Penny Dolly sends you a big hug---she has had the last of her antibiotics today so she raring to go, take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi all, Had rain overnight but nothing since except heavy wind. Chappie neighbour just bought a tiny little black puppy A cross breed, for his young son. He said it £600plus. is that the sort of price folk have to pay, i have no idea these days. ? Still very windy, Young chappie coming tomorrow Dita, to trim all the roses etc, So be ready after 4 pm. Delighted re your daughter Andere, time flies so it wont be too long before she can enjoy getting about. Lovely and sunny now but still blowing like mad. Take care all, big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes