Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:53 pm

See you fell for it too. A good one. Did you get my P.M. Take care, cheers Penny
Last edited by Penny on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penny

Re: Hi Dita

Postby dita » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:14 pm

I did not get a P.M, have sent you one though.
If you do not get it. Let me know please. xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:10 am

Morning Dita, lovely and sunny here but very cold. Out for lunch today. Tomorrow got the plumber coming to fix new radiators,not looking forward to a cold day. Think I will put the heaters on in the van and sit in there. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi Ya Penny, its nice and sunny here but very cold too. If the weather had been as it should be at this time of year, having the plumber would not be so bad. Hope you'll soon be back snug and warm again. Thank you so much for your suggestion, think the way things stand, it will be a good idea. I look forward to it.
You take care too:)
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Dit, taking a chance whilst the work men have their lunch. What a day, so cold, and the old radiators dripping over the carpets. Closed my eyes to such a mess. Still waiting for the new ones to be delivered. Daughter now wanting a new car and as usual wants us to cover it. I am sick and tired at the moment, could easily commit murder or similar. How is that for a days news so far. Keep asking myself, why do these things always happen to me. There, that's better. Hope you are well and enjoying walkies in the sunshine. You must read dabthorn's one about snakes. Wonderful. :grouphug: Take care, cheersPenny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Oh! my God Penny, what a mess to be in, your carpets too, I do worry about the water marks. Hope the job has been successful after all that. You must be ruddy frozen by now. How long before you take delivery of the new radiators? it is so cold as well.
What with everything else, your daughter needing a new car is enough to drive you round the bend, we are having to fork out too for our son, all they do is take take take. Please take care xx:)
Will have a look at dabthorn's post.
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Dita,you were right. Mess is a tiny word for yesterday. At 9 a.m. it started. The men were unscrewing or whatever they do when one of the pipes let out a stream of muddy water over the bedroom carpet. You can imagine the frantic cleaning and mopping. One of the young men was on his knees cleaning it up, such a good worker. The new radiators did not arrive until 12.30 which delayed things rather. However, all was finished at about 4.30pm and I have to say, the men were real workers., Did a fantastic job. As it happened, my daughter popped in and was so impressed has booked them to go and do hers. So, alls well that ends well. So, after a shopping day today, it will be spring cleaning until next Wed. when we hope to go away for a few days. Will opo inlater totell you what happened after and has just been solved. Take care and enjoy walkies. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:51 pm

Blooming heck Penny, you must be exhausted. I do hope they also work as hard for your daughter, considering the pale coloured carpets "all brand new" she has in her house. It does sound as though a problem occured later, after your shopping day. Cannot wait to know what it was after all your hassle over the last few days. Is there any chance your home insurance will pay for any damage, hope so.
My day was not so good, we went for a shop this morning, came home to my cousin sitting on the doorstep along with his staffie, he is in a bit of financial trouble and could we lend him £2,000 to pay for a new heating system, his is unrepairable and he has no money. Tried to tell him we are only pensioners and have limits cash wise ourselves, but you know what they are like. Seems keeping warm is a problem for us all.
Take care Penny, do hope you ok:)
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Dita, still at it. Spent all moring cleaning our bedroom. and cooking lunch. Shattered. The other evening after men had gone, hubby said, have you moved the envelope from the table. I hadn't seen it. Previously, When he arranged for the radiators to be changed he said as we were going away after he would pay cash. So he popped me to the bank and I got a wad of cash in an envelope. Back to the evening, he paid the young man and was left with some cash in the envelope which he thought would be o.k. for our break. Then it was he could not remember what happened to the rest of the cash in the envelope. So I spent the whole evening going thro' evey move he had made and every place he had been.No luck. I went through every tiny bitof rubbish oin the bin, I had suggested that as he sat chatting to the chappie for a while before he went, he had accidentally picked up the envelope . My daughter had been sitting there too so he rang her and she said, no the young man had not taken it so the search started all over again. During all this in the afternoon my daughter had come to persuade us she wanted a new car. Anyway, we eventually retired and what a night. Hubby having nightmares and kneeing me in the back. Next morning it started all over again and I eventually got him to ring the chappie and ask nicely if he had picked it up by mistake. He did and before he could say a word the chappie said, I sent you an Email last night to say I had accidentally etc etc. Hows that for a stupid tale of woe. I can understand how wives kill off their hubby's . Good job I am of a placid nature. Hope you hope you and anyone looking in have a good laugh at this. Finally hubby and daughter went off Friday afternoon and she now has a new Kia.He said, back at 5.30. Arrived home at 7.50 grrrrrrrr. So you see, I had quite a fun week. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Penny, it is hard to imagine that so much confusion could be caused on one day, so pleased to know you have located where your money went. I am sure anyone reading this, could not fail to appreciate your anxiety. At least you will still be able to have your little break, that is of course depending on what goes on between now and your departure. Funny how sometimes things turn out. After much pleading by my cousin and our relenting to his needs yesterday, we finally got rid of him and his pain in the a....e staffie at about 10pm, we sat with our horlicks then prepared for bed, much relieved that at least we could get a decent nights sleep, despite losing money we could not afford, on his central heating. Well we could'nt let him freeze to death, could we? It must have been about 12pm when the phone rang, we were both snoring our heads off, a frantic call from cousin, his car had broken down 30 miles away and he was at the back of beyond on a country lane, no breakdown cover and apart from the cheque we had given him, no money. We had to drag ourselves out of bed, jump in the car, (which is a Kia, by the way) and set off to pick him up. Him and his very noisy, active little friend having spent the night wrecking our settee and sitting room much to the annoyance of poor little Dolly, and the lady next door who has complained that she is reporting us about the overnight barking.
Oh! Penny it is so good to get this off my chest to you, we have both bee going through it. I know its lonely living on ones own, but sometimes.....
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks Dita, thought my day was bad. Sun shing now and keeping fingers crossed for a peaceful week., Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm

:bighugs: :grouphug: :wave: :worryrose: :choklit:

Penny
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Dita. quickie this morning. Just about to start the clean up of the dining room.Did our bedroom and hall yesterday.Ihopefromtoday you and hubby aregoing to keep your hands in your pocket. I find that the more you try to help the more it starts to cost. We keep telling our daughter this, at last hubby has put his foot down (so he says). Off to start take care and have a good weekend. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:21 pm

I think we should put our foot down more, trouble is they know what buttons to press. It has been a quiet day, the sun was shining so we set off for a walk, at last the mud is drying, no wellies required. Out of the wind I could have walked far, but the wind was still cutting. Came back, had a bit of a cleanup, then made a stew for tomorrow..Just had a call from my cousin to say things have changed, he has something exciting to tell us, would not say what it was, but will be in touch next week. Penny! I am agog now, after the other nights episode I fear the worst. Anyway watch this space," as they say". My son & family are in France, they have a little place there, it is 14 degrees. Wish I was there too.
Take care, do hope you get a relaxing weekend.xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 am

Morning and a lovely sunny one it is. I am sitting on egg shells waiting for your exciting news re-cousin Hoping to have a good rest today, my back is killing me. The other half as usual, playing cars. Thinks washing and polishing the damn things is hardwork. Wish he would swop jobs with me for a change. Still planning to go away this week,have said I am not cooking lunch in the van at all. We will see how itgoes. Hope you have a lovely day, take care. A good weekend to anyone else popping in. cheers Penny
Penny

Next

Return to Anything Goes