Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Good afternoon its me.Dry here but windy,not hot though.Was trying to rain when I left home this morning.

At group today we drew a big leave on a stalk.Which was better than drawing material.That she said lastweek we were going to do today. :roll:

Did the birds enjoy their breakfast today,Penny.They live well with your leftovers from lunch. :roflmao:

For my meal tonight I am having shop brought sweet and sour chicken cook it in the oven for 40 mins,then I will cook some rice.

Does anyone save all their birthday cards from years back?I do. :mrgreen: Glad you have found some tiles that you like Andere.Now to get them on the floor. :roll:
Have a good evening,will pop by tomorrow.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi maggieh, yes indeed, the birds enjoyed their morning feed. Sounds as tho' your drawing class went well.
Why did you not get Chicken in sweet and sour with rice. I sometimes get one from Sainsbury's Do try duck in plum sauce with rice, superb. Do hope everyone is well and ready to re-join the forum, getting difficult to keep up the chats.
I usually save one years cards and then get rid when next years pop along.

Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:52 am

Hi, all from grey but dry Lincs. My gardener has just arrived to start taming the overgrown shrubs out by the back fence - I swear the wisteria has grown 40cm since the weekend! And the weeds .... All this rain has a lot to answer for! Talking of rain, I took the covers off the garden chairs first thing and discovered the waterproof covers aren't waterproof because the cushions are sodden. So they're going back for a refund. :tantrum2:

Had a nice day yesterday - a little gentle shopping followed by lunch with a couple of friends, which we made last until late afternoon while we gossiped. I had meant to go and get my shaggy hair cut, too but left it too late: the salon was closed!

I used to keep all my old birthday and other cards but felt I couldn't really justify packing them all to move house with us and put them in the recycling. I cried to see my 21st birthday cards and our wedding cards go but, hey, it's only paper. Now, I keep them until the next time - although I do still have all the New Home cards we received when we came here.

By the way, Penny. I didn't intend you to cancel the X*** word entirely! I just thought you were a bit previous in talking about it before most of us have had our summer holiday!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:41 am

Morning all, beautiful sunny day. Meant to start making marmalade but decided on a lazy day. Not to worry about X,,,,Andere, I'll just keep it undercover for a time.. Very sorry re cushions, I really would be very annoyed had that been me. Because weather is so lovely today I expect we will be sitting by the canal/lake and feeding the ducks. Hope everyone is up and about, Have a good day all and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Good afternoon.Blowy here still but not cold.Sun is in and out.The wind is a bit rough though.Janet and I went to the town for a few bits.It is my son's birthday 1st July then his wife 12th July.I do forget how young my children are at times. :roflmao: But think it happens to us all at some point.

Up and out early in the morning to Logan;s sports day.His other nanny won't be there this year,nor will Jade.

Hope you have a lovely afternoon feeding the ducks Penny.It is lovely sitting by water in hot weather and people watching plus for you the birds.

Not very nice having wet cushions to sit on Andere.
I have lots of old birthday,xmas cards,mother day cards.When I said to my my family a while ago about getting rid of stuff,they said no.They thought I was depressed by saying that. :roflmao:

Sainsbury isn't easy to get to Penny now.Need a car to get there.Have a jolly afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:55 pm

Well, just back from car wash. Went to the lake/canal to find all building stuff and closed on the entrance. OH says he thinks because it is such a popular spot, they may be going to extend and then charge for parking. I am sure someone has it in for me. Do have a lovely day tomorrow, Big hug for Logan. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi, I am just back from my monthly eye injection. It was done by the lady who did my first one in November at Stoke Mandeville, but each appointment since then - at Amersham - it has been different people although usually the same opthalmologist who sees me with results after scans .
This lady, Stephanie, a senior consultant nurse, is so skilled, I didn't actually feel it and asked 'Have you done it?' disbelieving! It will be this evening when the anaesthetic drops wear off, the feeling returns.

On Sunday the family will come, after ten weeks not seeing them. I shall meet them in Beaconsfield after church and treat them to lunch followed by a visit to Bekonskot, still a firm favourite.

The weekdays, I am in three different coffee groups but don't usually do more than one in one week! Otherwise it would be too much like 'ladies who lunch'! I always opt out of choir practice on Thursday evenings if I have just been for my eye injection. For my meal I have Waitrose duck breast with spring greens, then my favourite Cappuccino mousse.

The brilliant guy who I booked ages ago to paint the frontage as it is seven years since the porch inside and out, and two front doors (inner and outer) plus garage door and side door, were painted. They desperately need it and poor Jim, owing to the rain and a sick mum, has had to keep postponing. Maybe next week...... Have a great weekend all.
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:06 pm

So pleased your monthly one is over, lets hope each one gets better. Be nice for you to see the family after the break. Sounds as tho' you had a super meal. Tis a shame that rain spoils painting. We got fed up and had all windows etc done in white plastic. Must say, we feel we did the right thing. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Morning all, where are you? Lovely and sunny but I understand going to get very hot. Get the cushions dry Andere, we will be over to share your garden furniture. Sky so clear and blue, unbelievable. Son popped in last night, all o.k. Granddaughter wants a tea-party to say goodbye but he says he cannot see her stopping five minutes as she is such a busy bee.. It will also be a do for her 21st. Just have to wait and see. Hope all are O>K> take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Good afternoon Penny,I was up and out by 8.30 this morning to see Logan at his sports day.He done well with the egg and spoon race his egg never got blown off by the wind.His team colour came first this year which was nice.

It is sunny here but still got wind blowing.We will need the breeze tomorrow if it gets too hot.Think I best get a handheld fan ready.Nice clear blue sky here too.

Will be nice to have a tea party for your granddaughter before she goes away.We all went for a meal with Jade the night before she flew to America.She is enjoying herself out there.

Do you watch the ladies football Penny?I have been watching it this week,its a change from men playing.

Have a lovely evening everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:26 pm

So pleased to hear results from Logan's Spots day. Very sunny here but only a slight breeze.. Very pleased re news of Jade. Ellen is so tied up I don't think we will manage a teaparty. She has to travel to and from London everyday, the immediately goes out with friends, Just like me at her age, I was never still. Anyway, however it turns out if she is happy that is all that counts. About the football, I'm afraid I don't have the switch for the tele////////. Same for tennis. Young chappie just been to do the lawns, everything looking super. Now get some rest after your busy day with Logan. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:06 pm

I really don't know what keeps happening - I was in the middle of typing a long post and it just deleted itself! It wasn't me, honest!.

I took my useless chair covers back to the Range and got a refund, a bit grumpy. It was only when I got home that I realised although I took 4 covers back, I was only refunded for three! :tantrum2: So that's another bliddy trip down there, tomorrow and THEY'D BETTER NOT ARGUE!

Congrats to young Logan for making it through a hot sports day. I feel sorry for all those children having to race about in this heat.

More tomorrow - keep cool, everyone.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Uuuuugh - it's too hot!! And this is allegedly not the hottest part of the country (29C at present) so I'm sorry for those in hotter places. The little breeze that's kept it so lovely the past couple of days has died down and it's just nasty and muggy now. Too hot for sitting in the garden; we had brekky out there but then came indoors. By the time dinner is ready, the sun should have disappeared round the other side of the house so we'll be OK outside again. :sunglasses:

I went back to the Range - got my refund and an apology so 10/10 for that. I bought some new sunglasses while I was there. I hate wearing any sort of glasses but, presently, it's so bright, I feel I ought to instead of just screwing up my eyes. I expect they'll last until I sit on them!

Hope you're all keeping unbearably cool? We're in the sitting room, blinds closed, windows open, ceiling fan, upright fan and OH's desk fan all going full pelt. I want a punkah wallah of my own!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Pleased about the rebate. as you say 10/10. We have done absolutely nothing. OH kept changing his mind so I just sat here and did nothing. Nothing on TV that he wanted so now he is happy, motor racing. I am bored sick and have to be careful not to nod off. The car park to the lake/canal is locked with all machinery packed in We have no idea what is going on, just hope they are not closing it to visitors. Have a cool evening and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 am

morning all, a bit dull and breezy. Nowhere near as hot as predicted,, just looking out there are quite a few clouds gathering over-head. We have been setting up the wasp catchers as we always seem to get a lot. Not sure what we can do this p.m. as car park to the canal closed. Awoke with such a backache not sure if I will be able to go anywhere. Hope all are well and you are enjoying your garden furniture Andere. Hope maggiegh is OK> after her busy weekend. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes