Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi everyone, I have some Covonia Maggieh, as you say it does taste nice, there are two sizes the larger one is £6 out our local Sainsburys but it sometimes goes on offer at a £5 so I usually grab a couple of bottles. Hope you got your socket sorted. My friend across the road has been having the same as you Andere, her daughter has just got hopefully settled in a new house, they have been keeping tons of stuff in the garage and has been a contiues shuttle service since. Hope your garage door looks nice and posh Penny :) Hugs from Dolly and take care all xxx
:grouphug:

Your remark on the postie did'nt go unnoticed Maggieh :roflmao: , bit chilly for shorts :sunglasses: did he have goose bumps :sunglasses: :magnify: , Thanks for that it made me laugh :bighugs:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Garage door looks super. Thanks Dita, don't know about posh???? Keeping an eye on our postman but only pants at present. Will be be over the moon when our young chappie returns. big hug for Dolly. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:29 pm

Pleased your doors good, :) not sure about the little creatures lodging there though :) Penny. Has your posty got long, short or no pants at all-----that is the question :) Hugs from Dolly & me xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Good afternoon.Its a bit damp underfoot but not cold.No heating on today yet.

Had to draw a big chelsa bun today and colour/shade it in,used my new pastels.Next week we are doing shells then going in for a competition. :roll: I will come 3rd or 4th. :roll:

If you ever find a squirrel Penny,they make good pets.Be nice company for you as you can chat to it.Someone on facebook has one and everyday she shows us pictures of him.He sleeps most of the day.

Just sitting here listening to the washing machine spinning away annoying the neighbours.lol.I slept well last night but feel tired now.zzzz. :roflmao:

Have a jolly afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi all, just been for a quick spin to Lidl to top up with birds bread and give OH's an engine warm up. Nice and sunny but cold. Our Postie is in trousers at present. Son just popped in to change OH's lap top. Hope everyone is on the up. Take care. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am

Morning all, had another power cut during the night, keep getting then of late. very annoying having to keep checking the clocks etc. Not too bad weather-wise but rather windy and cold. Hope everyone is on the up. When son came yesterday he said DiL is poorly with this choking cough which seems to be everywhere. I awoke this morning coughing but am far too stubborn to let it take hold so fingers crossed.... Take care all. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:26 pm

Yeuk! Two sodden, grey, wet and windy days here. Absolutely foul and there doesn't seem to be much hope of improvement over the weekend. Oh well, it's given me the opportunity to catch up on washing and ironing and cooking for the freezer because who wants to go out in this weather?

Hope the cough goes away, Penny and it doesn't turn out to be the wretched long-lasting thing . Oh, please, roll on spring.... Try and have a pleasant, healthy weekend everyone.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:46 pm

Pleased at last. Began to wonder if everyone had been washed away. Such dreadful weather and awful gales. Do hope everyone is O>K> Take care all and do keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Good evening.Dry and cold here plus windy not as bad as yesterday though.Not much doing this weekend.May pop down to see my daughter for a hour or two on Sunday.

Haven't been to see Logan and family today as daughter in Law lost her Mum yesterday morning so its a sad weekend all round.She was only 71 much too young these days.

Am going to watch Rugby kick off at 4.45.I expect Dita and Penny maybe tuning into the beefy men. :roflmao:

Have a nice evening see you tomorrow. :sunglasses:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:44 pm

Very sorry to hear such sad news. maggieh., You are quite right, been watching two games this afternoon, just finished the last one with a win by Ireland. Watching tomorrow, England versus France at Twickenham. Should be good. Hope everyone is O>K> weather not been good for anyone. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:29 pm

So sorry to hear about your Daughter in Laws Mum dear Maggieh, a sad time for everyone. Like you I have been watching the Rugby, OH slept through the lot even though I was shouting like mad to wake him- he sort of goes in a coma which is worrying? Not gonna moan about my health cos trying not to struggle :) Big hugs to Penny from Dolly and look after yourselves everyone.
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:08 pm

I watched the England V France Rugby game.It is a rough game though,their poor knees.ouch.

Not done much today did walk there and back to my daughter's this morning/afternoon and that wore me out :roflmao: Cooking dinner so I can eat before dancing on Ice at 6pm.

5pm and it is still nice and light,super.

I am still on honey/lemon drinks.Got through one jar already,hey ho. :mrgreen:

Have a nice evening,dancing at 6.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi, all. Woke to a dismal, wet day so I got up and Mae porridge because I didn't feel like sloshing out in the rain for my walk to the shops for Sunday croissants. Spent the morning huddled up with LK and a couple of coffees but the day improved and the sun came out early afternoon. So we went on a tour of the local retail parks, looking for some new lightshades for OH's room and looking at available gas hobs and styles of kitchen cabinet to get some ideas for when we extend/rebuild the kitchen. No success with the light shades, most of which seem designed to block the light completely rather than just shade it :doh: but I'm feeling cheered by the kitchen displays which have given me lots of ideas. What on earth is this depressing fashion for dark grey all about, though?? I'd never go for it at all but I can imagine it becoming very boring after a year or two and you'd want a re-vamp. (Apologies if anyone here has a grey kitchen! Please let me know how wrong I am and how great it really looks).
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:47 pm

Andere, I wouldn't fancy a dark grey colour scheme at all. I have noticed something interesting recently in town where the window of The Bathroom Shop is full of a modern-shape bathroom suite in ...Avocado!!! Was it in the eighties the raft of colours was so popular? Along with Avocado, there was rose, bluebell, primrose and Champagne which is actually what I still have. Two years ago, I had the bathroom units re-surfaced because it cost so much less than a new set, and looks like new. There are those who speak scathingly of Avocado colour but I keep quiet because it is related to my Champagne colour and obviously the old fashions are returning!

On Thursday and Friday the electrician was here, pulling out the old lighting in the kitchen and installing new. The big palaver of the re-cabling in between the ceiling and my bedroom floor meant shifting of bedroom furniture as well as pulling up carpet (tiles fortunately) and carving up some floorboards. All the noise gave Trixie a breakdown when she was already nervous to see a strange man arrive and she scarpered for a while. He (named Guy) is very good at replacing/ tidying up.

On Friday, I had a blood test which was related to the dementia test I mentioned. My senior moments had become more than just memory lapses and some confusion. The GP rang me next day and said my calcium level was sky-high, stop taking it, and cut right down on the Vitamin D. It seems similar symptoms come with excess calcium or with Elderly PTSD which I think can be ruled out now as well as dementia. Another blood test in a month's time, I already feel better without the calcium which also caused nausea and loss of appetite and the odd nightmare.
I also had my first appointment for Acupuncture for painful foot. I thoroughly enjoyed the session! More next time! :grouphug:
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Sound as tho' you are going to be put right at last vannin. Well done.
Nice and sunny here, was lovely early on and OH suggested an hour or so down at the lake. Within minutes it clouded over so we gave up. Sat down and a change again. Bright and sunny. Decided to stay at home so had a nice afternoon with crosswords., hope the drawings went well maggieh, when is the exam?. Haven't heard a dicky-bird lately, with these power cuts we don't hear from anyone. Good job son not too far away. He came and fixed something by google and now I just say the words and up comes music of whoever I love. Mainly Frank Sinatra.. Had him and then Nat King Cole whilst I prepared lunch. Do you remember names of similar singers I can ask for? I do hope everyone is O>K> very quiet on here of late. Take care all and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny.
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes