Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi Penny and all, its grey and cold with still plenty of lying snow, no post since Tues, and no word from Tesco, according to them on my delivery account, it was delivered on Wed 28th I have done all I can and we are none too happy because they have all our numbers, us on the other hand are struggling to get them. My neighbour is bringing us a few things thankgoodness . Hope you are feeling easier Penny, worries me you may trip up again so please take care. Andere I'm bewildered at the fact that you got your delivery on time just doesn't make sense. Hope your condensation pipe remained unfrozen. Anyway big hugs from Dolly + me Penny, and take care all xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Hooray all the snow has gone from around me.Hope thats it now for another year.Hope you that have still got it are coping ok.Was lovely walking to the shop today.

Dita,have you checked that Tesco haven't refunded you?Thats what they have been doing down here.Hope someone else didn't get your shopping order.

I may be having little Logan for a couple of hours on Sunday so that will be lovely.Not much on tv tonight except Ant and Dec for me.

Have a jolly evening and keep warm.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Maggie beat me to it but I was going to suggest you check your account and make sure Tesco haven't taken the money and then not refunded it, Dita. If they try to tell you that you've had the goods, then you can ask to see your electronic signature off that little gizmo they carry. Of course, they won't be able to. Thank goodness your neighbours are helping out.
In fairness to them, I think I got my stuff because the road from Mansfield (where their depot is) to here was clear and most of Lincoln is OK, although the hilly bits might still be a problem. I suspect that, a little further out, up over Ingham Cliff, say, or out towards Louth, it was still dire. I heard late this afternoon that the A16 was still blocked by snow drifts up towards Grimsby. There's some lingering slush here - now freezing again as it's got dark - but, hopefully it'll all be gone soon.
I'm having a lazy weekend. We've done all the housework; OH has lagged the pesky pipe; we've just eaten an enormous "leftovers" curry followed by a custard tart so now it's time to veg out. Hope Penny is doing likewise. You can't go anywhere if you're snowed in, so get those feet up and rest your poor legs!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi Penny and all, it is such a slushy, dull, spitting with something from the sky occasionally morning, no chance of a Dolly the dog walk and she not even happy about going out even for a wee, so that's that. Your suggestion about my Tesco is very useful Andere, thanks. Pleased you got your pipe sorted, sounds as if OH has his uses :) I made a bacon casserole for lunch, any left over will be put in a beef stew which I am also making for early next week. Eee bi-gum! I'm a busy lass :) Hope your legs improving dear Penny, please take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Morning Dita and all, losing all signs of snow at last, very wet everywhere, horrible slush all over the drive but hope we can get out now if necessary. Poor Dolly, at least she will keep warm. Still awaiting district nurse who is working today to try to catch up. Hope she manages me before too long. Do hope you managed to sort out Tesco problem. No sighting of any delivery vans in our village this week.I did see on TV last night that lots of small places in Linconshire were cut off from deliveries because the main roads were all blocked. Anyway, hope all improves today. Do hope all are enjoying the weekend specialle Maggieh, having Lucas today. Take care and enjoy Sunday. Big warm hug for Dolly and and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Maggieh meant to say earlier that I was thinking about you today as you have some fun and games with little Logan, also to thankyou about what you mentioned about Tesco giving refunds, I do not bank on line and need to get on the phone and enquire, thanks. The weather has been pretty bad the last few days so it is not surprising that there is problems but an assuring text is surely not asking too much? Big hugs from Lincs :) xx
dita

Postby dita » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi! mi! dears, just had to pop in and tell you-------Tesco have just sent me a text to say they thank me for booking my slot today, they intend delivering my order between 1400 & 1500 today, being as its 1530 now they will have to hurry :) At least they know we are waiting, and it certainly makes me feel easier, Thanks for all your input over this, it means a lot xxxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Has it arrived yet, Dita?
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi everyone, Next Instalment---The order didn't turn up Andere, I came on line filled in another form on their help & contact us form, for the second time, went to my inbox and found that I had exactly the same message as the other from a day or two ago-----Blaa Blaa, decided to hunt out a couple of phone numbers and had no joy on the 0800 number so then tried an 0345 one and got a bit of joy thankgoodness, have cancelled the order they apologised whole heartedly and assured me no money had been taken and that was that, just hoping they don't send me a text today Grr!. Altogether I had 7 text messages on my phone 5 of which were telling my order was going to be delivered that day. :) would have been a fortune :) Hope all is ok with you all, Hows your legs Penny? Take care xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi Dita and all, hope you get everything settled now Dita. Had a call this a.m. District nurse coming in so sitting here waiting, Lovely and sunny here today. They are so busy after such a terrible week. Just can.t settle because I was doing steak, chips etc. for lunch but not the sort of thing one can leave in the middle so just hanging about. It was such a lovely sunny morning. still bright but not as bright as before. Hope Spring is now on the way.Son, DIL and grandson popped in last night to say, G/S going to check over Newcastle Uni, ready for next year. Had to break off, Dis.nurse arrived. Had a good check on my legs and not at all happy, took pictures and said she was taking direct to Dr. Just finished lunch and received phone call from my Dr. saying she is coming to see me Tuesday lunchtime. Not happy about my legs. Am scared to death but so pleased she can spare the time. So fingers crossed for me. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi Penny and all, Oh! dear Penny those legs sound so uncomfortable, I do wish they would get sorted it is not a joke for you to be suffering this way, like me you don't take kindly to sitting around and that in itself is bad enough, I am thinking about you my friend and wishing you well. At least you have a good nurse caring for you :) Not heard a word from Tesco today so hopefully we shall get back to normal very shortly, they have always been very efficient until now. Please take care Penny, Dolly and I worry about you, and please look after yourselves everyone xxxx
dita

Postby marieann » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi. Quick update. I'm still recovering from the chest infection, I was flat out for almost a week and Tony is still in the NHS bed in the local nursing home I haven't seen him since a week past Thursday. We talk everyday on the phone and he is managing to stand and walk with help now. There's a foot of snow between me and the bins and I'm going to have to try and clear a way through tomorrow hopefully it will still be soft enough to move easily. We had it bad last week Tesco couldn't get any deliveries through to the shop and ran out of bread and milk and essentials we were literally snowed in for three days and the snow kept coming down. Today the icicles hanging from the guttering are thawing so things are looking up and the road outside has two clear lines at either side that the traffic has made and the schools went back today. Apart from three days someone managed to get in to see Tony and he's bored but feeling loads better so that's a relief.

Penny did they tell you to put your legs up as often as you could? I do hope there's an improvement soon. Hope everyone else is keeping as well as possible and coping with the weather. dita did you manage to get some food from somewhere else?
marieann

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi marieann, yes, a bit of a sruggle doing both but with cooking etc,manage to keep going. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:22 pm

So sorry to read that Marieann and Penny are still below par and I wish you both a good recovery, very soon.
Snow's all gone here and today was a lovely bright and spring-like day until about 7pm when it started to rain. LK has really enjoyed being outside for hours and so have I. I've been to the hairdressers and had my floppy mop hacked into shape; that feels so much better! Did some shopping and gave in to the urge to buy one of Lakeland's dinky little slow cookers for my porridge. I shall set it up and switch it on before I go to bed and look forward to brekky :lol: .
At last, it looks like repair work might soon start on our old house now the insurers have finally decided which bits aren't covered by the policy and we'll need to pay for. I'll sort that tomorrow and hopefully that whole saga will be over soon. Can't happen soon enough.
I'm feeling positive and thinking spring is on the way so sending positive vibes to all. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:37 am

I hope you get better soon Marianne & have Tony back home. :bighugs:
caroljoyce

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes