Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Maywalk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Hello Folks.
Just popping in to see how everyone is getting on and reading through the postings I see you are making light of your everyday problems.I have not been in the best of health myself since before Christmas and not felt like sitting at my computer which is in a room separate from where my recliner is. My I-pad does not hold all my computer info which is why I cant get into here when resting.
I cant do much now but when I do manage to get to the computer I can still type with one finger so making the effort tonight.
Ruddy TV is an absolute waste of time because I see the same programmes twice a day and many of them have been dug up. I DID have a lovely surprise though last Saturday evening because my neighbour phoned to ask if she could come round for a chat. She moved in around 18 months ago and took to me as though I am her Grandma. I naturally said I would love to see her and would be ready to let her in with it being dark mainly because its a struggle now to get to the front door. When she came in she asked me if I has a USB socket on my TV which I had and she brought out of her bag a Firestick.She plugged it into the USB and proceeded to show me how it worked and then said that she had bought it for me and not to think about paying her for it because she had adopted me as her grandmother and wanted to get me something that would help take my mind off various things.To say I was overwhelmed is putting it mildly. Yes the Firestick has brightened my day because I have had one or two laughs at the comedies one can get on it apart from many other things.
Well my friends I hope things will get better for you and I will call in when I can. God Bless All.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Brilliant Maisie, what a lovely neighbour ( granddaughter) you have. Enjoy her whilst you can. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Maywalk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Thanks Penny.
I am a VERY lucky lady with a super family and lovely neighbours.
Maywalk

Postby caroljoyce » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:12 pm

It's good to see you Maisie.
I just sent you a scrabble request - it seems you've stopped playing. x
caroljoyce

Postby dita » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi Penny and all, weather gone down Hill fast as the day progresses and it now raining and we have a howling wind, OH managed aa little Dolly walk just in time. Bet like me you all got the most wonderful Valentines Day cards and presents----I couldn't get into our kitchen for them ???? No phone calls, no letters from the hospital yet today Yippee! . Good to see your post Marieann, take care of those legs, my Grandmum used to rub goose-grease on my chest, think they roast potato's in it now :) Hello Maisie its good to hear you are doing not so bad, it sounds like you have a caring young lady new neighbour who is worth looking after :) x Hope all well at your house Penny, I do miss our little get togethers, if you see our friend tell him the snowdrops are in bloom :) Hope all ok with you too Andere, hugs from us both and take care all :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Morning Dita and all. How are you today Dita? not overdoing the jobs etc. Hope everyone else is feeling on the up. Very cold and dull here today. Nothing planned. For anyone interested Sainsbury's have a clothing sale this week. Just got my driving licence renewal form. Time flies, didn't realise the present one finishes this May .Wish I could drive off today. Just about to put lunch on, Steak pie today. Forgot to mention, the fresh meat from Sainsbury's is very good. First time ever we have bought from there but OH says the steak and chops were very good. Always bought in bulk from Costco before but haven't been able to get there for some time. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones. Take care all, keep warm and get plenty of rest. Did you read that Dita, PLENTY of rest cheers Penny. We crossed Dita.
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:38 pm

I keep trying to rest more------honest I do, anyway you are the same, are you not?? Taped Shetland last night so hoping to relax and watch later. Take Care Penny xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Good afternoon everyone.It is not warm down here,the wind is blowing like crazy.Not much rain yet.Noddy has arrived full of moans and groans about the heating man didnt turn up on Monday after staying in all day,But I don;t know why he didnt phone and tell his daughter who is his carer.Now he is waiting till he see.s her again.Which is next week.Well I must be on my guard now as I don't want company. :roll:

Drawing group wasnt so good today as only 2 of us turned up.As it half term we had a free week.Back to normal next week though.
I left the slow cooker on with chicken thighs in it for dinner tonight for me and him.

I couldn't get through my front door Dita,with all the valentine cards on the mat and have flowers everywhere in my living room. :roflmao:

Its a noisy afternoon here as a flat downstairs have the workmen in with drills etc.And some men outside building rubbish bin sheds.Oh well I suppose I will have to sit in a comfy chair soon then I can kick noddy when he nods off. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a blustery, one minute cloudy the next a sunny unpredictable day. Poor Maggieh I do hope you didn't have to a testing evening being entertained by noddy, sorry to know that the drawing was not as enjoyable, Penny and I should have joined you. see also the workmen were causing hassle too, not a very typical Valentines Day------apart from all the cards and flowers you were presented with :) Do hope all are feeling ok today, big hug Penny from Dolly and me + take care all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Greetings from a sunny, cold and blustery corner of the world. It's a beautiful day if you can stay behind glass and look at it :sunglasses: but hard to stay upright if you're trying to walk anywhere. Poor little Dolly better be careful or she'll simply be bowled over like a tumbleweed! Better than all that endless rain, though.

Lucy went to the vets yesterday and it seems she has blocked tear ducts so we're putting more drops in (she's being surprisingly good about letting us do it) and take her back Monday morning when they'll flush out the ducts under general anaesthetic which may or may not solve the problem. I shall spend Monday anguishing about the poor little scrap being anesthetized.

Our new slow cooker did a brilliant job with lamb shanks & root veg in red wine and herb gravy yesterday. We'll try it again tomorrow on braised steak and mushrooms but I could get to like the simplicity of it all. Nothing much going on today. I've been out for coffee and gossip with friends this morning; ought to go and get my hair cut but can't be bothered to go out again so it can wait a bit longer.

Maggieh, are you saying that poor Noddy is going to be without any heating for a week? If he hasn't sufficient nous to chase this up himself or via his daughter, maybe someone should contact social services? The forecast is for colder weather and the poor chap could freeze.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Afternoon Dita and all. Such a surprise today. Clear blue sky and gorgeous sunny day.Been to Sainsbury's to top up the larder, didn't . realise how much I needed to fill up. Didn't have time to look at the clothing sale. I am so sorry re your puss Andere, what an awful thing ,never heard of it with a puss before. Poor love, I will be thinking of her. Had a call from son this morning, much better and hopes to pop in tomorrow when we go back on proper internet. Now his wife has caught the bug and is feeling rotton
Do hope everyone else is OK. Poor Noddy, becoming a real pain in the tum. Big hug for Dolly, will be over for a game later. Soft hugs for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi Penny and all, very sharp but sunny day, had to do a little shop so went to the little Asda a couple of miles away, had to get the TV and a few more things which OH craves for each week---bless him----:) I received a Valentines yesterday posted in Lancs, it had the most endearing remarks and was ssssssssigned saying the three had clubbed together,-' JM xx JD xx AC xx Can anyone help me ???I think Andere's LKatt has passed her eye complaint on to me, or maybe me to her because I have trouble with a runny eye, it has bothered me since I had a bad attack of Shingles around the eye some years ago, was going to nip round to yours Andere and pinch her medication :) Dolly looking forward to a kick around Penny, take care everyone xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Has been a lovely day here sun and clear blue sky.Was warm in the sun too.I have been on a bus ride to see Logan then saw my grand daughter who was getting the bus to work.She has left guildford uni now to start at a uni nearer home in September.But in the meantime she is back working at her old job.

Logan wanted to know why I wasnt going to see him tomorrow,I wasnt going to be the one to upset him and tell him his having his eyes tested.He thinks they cancelled it.

Noddy and heating.He has got a heater to put on for warmth but he doesnt use it.He doesn't like heat in his bedroom either.He is very tight on spending money.He gives me a pkt of polo mints as they are 2 for 50pence.If its fish/chip week no mints. :roll:

Gosh someone has got their hammer out here. :tantrum2: Have a lovely evening :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Here we go again, Just put this post on and it has vanished. BT man been here some hours and said we are all OK. Will try later. Sorry about your eye prob. Dita, hope it clears soon. Was hoping to make marmalade this morning but all the coming and going put me off. Hope to make it tomorrow. Just finished a couple of loaves. Like most, lovely and clear blue sky but still very cold.Big hug for Dolly, hope for a game later, soft one for little ones.Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Good evening all,

Been a good day weatherwise here,not that i have been far i did go to the postoffice to post some ebay parcels off.
Hubby drove a friend to London to renew there passport and they arrived 20minutes late due to the traffic and needless to say they wouldnt do it,so was a wasted journey.But since then hubby is in agony with hes back and i have been rubbing cream on it twice a day and hes had soaks in hot bath every night.
But hey hoy.
The slow cookers have been good today i put 2 spuds in foil with oil and salt and they cooked really good all nice and crisp so will do those agin,just thinking what shall i cook tomorow :roll: .
twin1947

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes