Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:50 am

Hi everyone I do hope you have a good day. Its lovely and sunny here in Lincolnshire.
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:27 am

Good morning! There's a stiff breeze blowing here and it doesn't know whether to rain or not. Lots of leaves from other people's trees blowing around; soon be time to start disturbing the peace with the leaf vac!

A slightly belated Happy Anniversary to Dita & her OH. How lovely that the relations were able to join you for the weekend. Not much going on here. I'm slowly retreating into hibernation mode. I think I should have been born a squirrel or a dormouse. When autumn gets properly underway, I just want to curl up and sleep.

By the way, Viv, I had a look at Green Glade as an outside colour choice and my first thought was an emphatic No! but it's starting to grow on me. OH now says he wants to replace the garage door with an electric roll-up one in place of the hefty up & over one that's there now, so we'll have to choose a colour before it's installed...decisions, decisions! As my daughter would say, it's a first world problem!
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Good afternoon All,
Lovely and sunny here in Kent,but oh so windy would be a good day for washing,but done mine yesterday.
We have a builder coming next Monday to put a new roof on OH workshop and we have had to ask 4 neighbours to walk through there gardens(its a right of way)as shows on the deeds,but we have one neighbour who may possibly say no,hopefully we shall see her tonight when she finishes work.

Where is everyone??
twin1947

Postby dita » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi everyone. Twin I too have been wondering where everyone has gone, I do feel its fighting a losing battle nowadays most of the time, maybe some folk would be happy to see the back of me:) Thanks Andere for your wishes much appreciated by us both, please don't hibernate yet we need you. Big hugs from Dolly and me and take care all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Don't you go anywhere Dita,we want you here.Where is Penny?Has she done a runner for a marathon. :roflmao:

I have been catching up on drawing a butterfly for drawing group tomorrow.Have been sticking something in my book and now got gluey fingers.

Nothing exciting happened here pass couple of days.So I don't have a lot to write.Maybe I will after drawing tomorrow.

Have a nice evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Maggieh, thanks so much for being so kind, I have no idea where Penny is, she does this from time to time I do hope she comes back soon though. I am thinking of you drawing that butterfly, my OH is very talented at painting and drawing but I'm not too clever at anything really-----passable at some though. We have the sun peeping through after a dull misty early morning, will be taking you know who for a kick about before lunch. Take care all.
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:44 am

Morning Dita and all. After a hazy start sun keeps popping thro. Wind has dropped. Nothing planned for today. Hope everyone is well and taking care. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Good afternoon rather dull weather here,looks like its going to be a wet afternoon.

Drawing wasn't good today.I was struggling.Was glad it was time to come home.Me and drawing are going to part company soon methinks. :roll:

No noddy this afternoon,I changed days.At least I can nod off this afternoon if I want too.hey ho. :mrgreen: Must put some heating on its quite chilly now.

Does your hubby still do drawing Dita?

Chicken is cooking in the slow cooker for my dinner later.So a lazy afternoon for me.Hope you all have a jolly afternoon too.
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:04 pm

Sorry to hear you may give up your drawing Maggieh , I must admit I was not very good at it, did try Water Colour painting, enjoyed that and even got a couple hung on the wall, had 3 lessons given as a gift to our local carers from a studio who were kind enough to help us. My hubby doesn't do much at all now, his hands shake too much, he used to teach stain glass too and I do think there maybe still some pics of his stain-glass work on the Archived Thread on here. I will have a look--or you can maybe see them yourself.
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Oh, don't give it up, Maggieh! I thought, up until now you were enjoying it? Nobody says you have to be brilliant, just be ready to learn and have fun. I've been to all sorts of odd classes that I've no talent for but the key things were having an open mind and having fun. (Someone I know tried to persuade me to join a choir recently but I do draw the line at that! If I open my gob to sing, it sounds like two cats on a wall...)

Not much work done today; I spent the morning having coffee & a long gossip with a friend then stopped to buy some M&S steak pies on the way home so dinner is easy-peasy with some braised red cabbage from the freezer and late strawberries to follow.

Had a long chat on the phone with Daughter. She's doing fine but booooooored!! She's now walking 3 miles a day as per doctor's instructions and is allowed to sit down to eat instead of standing at the worktop with dinner! Reckons she may well be back at work the first week of November, albeit on light duties only. :lol: Such a relief!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:50 am

Morning Dita and all, Funny old weather today. Can't make up its mind. Just waiting for Sainsbury's delivery and the out to lunch. Hope everyone is well, take care. So pleased your daughter is doing well Andere. Don't give up maggieh, its always something to do to fill up odd hours. Big hug for Dolly and little ones.
cheers Penny,
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi Penny and all, dull start to the day but now we are enjoying the sun. Good to hear your daughter feeling better Andere, you have reminded me that I must take a trip to M&S. Hope you are enjoying your lunch out Penny :) ok for some :). Hugs from Dolly and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi agian, son came to pick us up and take us for lunch. Just returned. Had super meal of Pork rib in plum sauce followed by apple and raspberry crumble with -ice-cream. Ate so much, won't want anything more for a week. ha ha.. Take care all, sorting out a quiz. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Good afternoon.Nice and sunny here today.

Glad you had a good lunch out Penny.Sounds very nice.Now sit and sleep it off like the men do.ha ha.

Noddy day here,he has already snored the afternoon away.His on fish/chip duty later so he best have a rest I suppose.

Yesterday was a weepy day for me thats why I thought id give up drawing.I think its because I stopped a tablet instead of weaning myself off it and it has caught up with me.So I have restarted the tablets today and when I see the dr this month I will ask for a different tablet that doesn't have me awake most of the night. :groaner:

Glad your daughter is on the mend Andere.She had a nice long walk.I will look for your hubby's pictures now Dita.

Have a lovely afternoon all. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi Penny and all, not much sun today but never the less its an ok day. Just been to M&S for a few bits and bobs just ate a tasty M&S Sweet & Sour :) Your lunch yesterday sounded gorgeous Penny but I'm afraid the amount would have been far too much for my stomach to take, may have had the crumble later though. Maggieh I did have a look on the Archive thread and could only find one which was a Whale I did when my hubby was teaching me, however I will have another look today---sorry about that it maybe they got deleted at sometime. Dolly sending a hug Penny, and please take care all xx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes