Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Good morning everyone.Another lovely warm day here.So cheerful seeing the sun still.

When I went to Logan's harvest festival on Monday.Where they used to give the food that was collected to mainly older people.They now give it to the local foodbanks.It was all tin stuff all along the stage.But it will help someone out.

Jolly afternoon here soon when Noddy arrives full of moans and groans.Hopefully he will nod off. :mrgreen: Then I won't have to ask him to repeat what he has said.Poor man has been like this since his stroke 4 years ago.He takes a hour to eat his dinner as he has a problem swallowing :sad:.

Im not going to bother with seeing the copd nurse anymore.I will just make a appointment with the dr if I feel I need a new inhaler etc.

Have a good afternoon. :sunglasses:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Good to see I was not the only early bird. Have a good day maggieh. Going to theatre tonight to see Guys and Dolls. Looking forward to a good evening having already seen the film and I loved it. Just my cup of tea. Musical and happy. Pity weather is changing, was lovely and sunny first thing, now getting dull and cloudy. catch you later, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Have a lovely evening tonight Penny,get them feet tapping.You will enjoy it.
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi Penny and all, congratulation Penny for getting up so early (for a change) just because I don't post early doesn't mean I am still snoring you little besom :) says Dolly. :rolleye11: Its a lovely sunny day and we have just been to Sainsburys for a few things, looked round TU and couldn't resist buying myself a purple Chenille jumper they all looked very big sizes and I got a size 8 which fits better than the 12's I usually buy.?? Maggieh your friend Noddy's actions when at your house seems to be very much the same as my OH, he is asleep now and probably will be most of the afternoon, after tea it will be a repeat until bedtime. I do hope you enjoy Guys and Dolls Penny, I would so love to see it loved the film. Hoping to trim a bush or two this afternoon if Dolly allows without too much demanding, both of us sending hugs and take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Evenin', all!
Greetings from very chilly Lincs. It's been a beautiful October day but wow, what a difference when the sun set. Still, I'm not grumbling as we'll be all nice and snug behind our new state-of-the-art double glazing. It looks good, and LK has had such fun, rediscovering the joy of cat flaps. I think she couldn't quite believe it at first and kept looking at me and miaowing, then looking at the flap and miaowing a sort of question mark. It was as though she was asking permission to use them ... Aaaah! The fitters were two lovely guys and they'll be back on Friday next week to do the kitchen windows which, for all sorts of complicated reasons, aren't ready yet. Tuesday, the fitters are coming to put up the new blinds - not before time as the old ones are falling apart. After three days of staying in, it'll be good to have a chance to get out tomorrow, even if it's only for a few top up groceries.

Maggieh, I read your comments about Logan's harvest festival and, while I can see that the canned food is all very practical, I can't help thinking the children are missing out. When I was Logan's age, all the kids at school loved harvest festival with its baskets of apples and spuds and parsnips, carrots, onions etc and loaves of crusty bread, home made jams and chutneys and so on. It was all given away to charitable causes but the school smelled so lovely, a sort of mix of earth and fruit, while it was all gathered there.

Spoke to Daughter today. She's progressing quite well and doing lots of walking; a little concerned that the operation incision hasn't closed up properly and is "weeping" slightly. She's seen her GP who prescribed antibiotics 'just in case' and it's being monitored. She's cheerful enough so I'm trying not to do Anxious Mother.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:51 am

Morning Dita and all, .....Last night, Guys and Dolls. Years since I saw the film and this performance on stage was superb. Son and DiL came too and really enjoyed it. Made such a change going out, can't remember when I last had a night out. I hope puss is now happy with his/her special doorway Andere. Such a lovely sunny morning I hope all are well and able to enjoy same. Big hug for Dolly and little ones, cheers Penny. :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi Penny and all its a beautiful sunny day, since the early morning fog disappeared I have been spending as much time as allowed between the housework in the garden, I do hope everyone is managing to enjoy it too. Pleased your daughter is ok apart for that little problem with incision Andere, think these things often come to mar things sometimes. You sound delighted with your windows and LK sounds to be having fun. Was thinking about what you wrote about Harvest Festivals, that is how I remember them too. Good to know you enjoyed the show Penny, I would love to see it too, must be 2 or 3yrs since I had an evening out but that's another story, I was usually in Kent and France with my Son & family. Big hugs from Dolly Penny, and take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:48 am

Good morning,everyone. I woke to a lovely sunny day but it's vanished now - all moody and clouded over. I wasn't planning to go anywhere much, anyway as I really need to get a grip and have a major clear out in the conservatory so the fitters can get near the windows to put up the new vertical blinds next week. It's astonishing how much "moss" can gather in a couple of years and we do both have a habit of putting anything in there thatoesn't have any other official "home."

I'm just kicking back with my coffee and waiting for a call from Daughter who was very excited yesterday. She's been flat-hunting during her convalescence and has just had her offer accepted on what sounds like her ideal home. She's always rented until now so said she wants to pick the parental brains about buying property. Not that we're experts at it! I hope it goes through okay - psychologically, it's probably a real boost to her convalescence and it's much better to have the security of ownership than renting. She's been in her present home for 15 years and is very comfortable but there are hints the landlord is thinking of selling so who knows whether a new landlord would even renew the tenancy ....

Glad you had a good night at the theatre, Penny. It's about time OH and I had a decent night out doing something like that. Must have a look what's on. Have a good weekend, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi Penny and everyone, its a beautiful day here again, there is still plenty of warmth coming from the sun, will soon be in the garden to take advantage while able. Good luck to your daughter in her house buying Andere, my friend in the village been telling me about her daughter, she has just bought one in Barnsley and my friends garage is bulging at the seems storing stuff, they are now going to help daughter by delivering the stuff to her new home. Hope everyone has a relaxed weekend, hugs from Dolly Penny and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi Dita and all, the same weather here, very bright and sunny but rather cold, OH says he wants a ride to warm up his car, so will have to wrap up warm. Hope LK is getting used to her new catflap (not sure if that's the correct word. Have a good weekend all and get ready for Strictly. Also motor racing on tonight Dita, channel 4.. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones.,,,just heard grandson has just bought a guitar, sounds as though he is enjoying Uni life. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:06 am

Morning Penny and all, its another lovely sunny day out there, hope its the same for everyone. Hope Hamilton wins Penny, just heard Ronnie got knocked out of the Snooker, not that we watch it. Enjoyed Strictly last night no idea about who will get knocked out because they were all pretty good on the whole. My Grandsons who are at Uni working for PHD------one plays drums and the other Guitar. Big Hug rom Dolly Penny and take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi Dita and all, beat me to it today Dita. Been ironing and catching up on laundry work. Just had roast lamb and OH is out of this world for an hour. Says we will have a trip to the lake/canal this p.m. not for long, don't want to miss the results or the motor racing. As you say, hope Hamilton wins. Not sure about the dance off. They were all good. Did think that one caught kissing, but he too danced well. Had to laugh about guitar, is it a thing about Uni. Some time ago our grandson was friendly with a group who played different things and he wanted an organ so we bought him one. After a couple of weeks he lost interest and sold it, so we are pleased he bought the latest gadget himself... Beatiful sunny day here with lovely clear blue sky. Rather cold but bearable. Take care all and big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Hope UK? is getting used to the catflap. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi Penny and all, its great again here, ----not thinking about the pending cold snap they keep talking about. Sorry about Hamilton losing in USA he'll have to wait while next year now, and the naughty kissing couple :thinking: didn't get knocked out of Strictly lots of controversial comments about that? Oh! dear its all tantalising stuff :) I taught myself how to play the electronic keyboard but OH objected to me practising so I gave up, there is a long story attached to that but I have 2 one of which is on top of the wardrobe------does anyone want to buy it ?? Dolly wants to know if you fancy a game of footie Penny she is pestering me, big hugs anyway and take care all xx :grouphug:
Last edited by dita on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Dita and all, Tried to post earlier but could not get signed on the forum.Re Strictly, In the end the kissing couple were kept on according to the final choice by judges. Sorry in a way because the other couple were excellent. OH having an after lunch snooze and then off to feed the ducks. Tell Dolly I will be over later for a kick-off. Beautiful day here and clear blue sky again. Wrap up warm as another cold night is due. Pity about Hamilton but it was just one of those days. I know what I would like to do to Vettel. By the way- what did you think of the stand-in judge. Wish he was on permanently, I thought he was great and the other three loved him. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Hope Trixie is still on the up. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Have just rectified that post Penny, don't know what the heck I was thinking about because I knew very well what happened. Pleased you spotted it my error. I liked the stand in judge too, not as flamboyant as Bruno and has a comical personality which is easy to understand. Dolly says I have to get kettle on cos you on your way :) xxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes