Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:16 am

Morning all, just a quickie to let you know, all my little birds have flown. Such a shock I expected a couple of the little ones would not be ready for two or three days. Hope they are all fighting fit. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Ah your little babies have flown their nest Penny.Did you not see them go.Hope they survive in the big wide world.

Have just come back from the shop and it is pouring with rain,glad I had a coat with a hood on it.Meant to be having thunder too.

Think I will fill my tablet up with games to play later.Have a app on my phone painting by numbers for adults.It is good for nights when I can't sleep. :roll:

Think I will practice some drawing in a while.Have a jolly time everyone.

Keep thinking of little birds that have left, Penny.Does the mum/dad go with them.? :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:44 pm

For days and months I have dreaded today , on Trixie's behalf, because it was the annual check-up at the vet. She had n't been for eight months, since the last allergy treatment, and has been so happy almost as though she had forgotten the last tricky season but sadly, it is due to start again soon.

Usually she has sensed the time for check-up appointments, goodness knows how, I am my usual self but probably even more besotted with her. The outcome of her sensing it, has sometimes been she runs away or hides in the house somewhere. But this time, no problems - my careful closing of all doors and locking the cat flap, all done while she had her lie-in after the nocturnal adventures, and I was able to scoop her up, all sweet and purring and cuddly and put her in the carrier, when our lift came, and then happy in the car - it is only down the road - and happy in the waiting room. Then the problem was, like always , putting her on the scales. Why do they hate being weighed? A big fuss for that but no fuss at the vaccination!! But I was so proud of her for being 90% 'good'. The vet put in the notes 'Trixie is hardly angry today'.

She is peacefully sleeping again now. I have had a half-hour nap myself, because tiredness caught-up, after all my needless worrying. :sunglasses:
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:24 pm

So pleased it is over for now vannin. Give her a big hug from me and no more worrying.

I assume all go on their own maggieh, only see mom and dad when they come in with food or to sleep. Had nasty weather today so very sorry they had to chose today.

Son and DIL been in Dorset this week doing repairs on the beach hut. After the terrible tides and gales last year many of the huts are no longer. Such a shame, a lovely spot.

Expect them back for Father's Day. Have a good evening all. Still awaiting news from Dita, fingers crossed. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:25 am

Morning all, had a lovely surprise this morning, our little birds who left home yesterday, were all in the beech tree, helping themselves to the seeds. Ready to leave properly today I expect. Must check if they left any rent. ha ha. Any news od Dita please. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Thank you Penny. She enjoyed the hug! :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Glad to hear Trixie has been so co-operative, Vannin but isn't that just like a cat?! You expect all kinds of bovver and they behave like little furry angels and butter wouldn't melt in their mouths but, when you're running late and not expecting any problems ...oh boy!! Daughter and I once spent a whole morning searching for Lucy who had decided she didn't fancy going to the vets. There were only two rooms she could have been in (other doors were closed). We looked under things, on top of things, inside things and we moved furniture. We poked everything with a pointy umbrella but, to this day, we don't know where she was. Eventually, she strolled out of the smaller room looking very pleased with herself.

It's so wet here today; it's foul, grey, dark and windy and cold enough for the heating system to kick in. It seems like a fool's errand in this weather but OH & I have been trailing around stores and garden centres trying out outside dining furniture ready for when our back garden is finished. Some of it is so uncomfortable. If you invited your friends round to eat al fresco, they'd probaby make an excuse to leave before dessert! We found one set we both like, but it's around £150 more than we planned to spend. Need to think about that!

I hope your little birdies are OK and stay safe, Penny. There's a blackbird family growing fast in my neighbour's tree. Mother gets vey agitated when Lucy K appears but LK just curls up on the warm stones when it's fine and clearly wishes the noise would stop!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:01 am

Forgive me for writing on here. Just to tell you Hubby died 2th May
dita

Postby ciderman_nz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:09 am

So sorry to hear this dita. I know I don't post often but I just called and this sad news faced me. Please accept my sympathy.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:42 am

What sad news. Thinking of you, Dita and sending love. Your common sense and humour have helped me so many times and I wish I could help you now. Remember, your cyber friends are here when you need us. xxx
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:46 am

Dita I am so sorry, I kept asking for news of you and am sorry to hear it. Hope you are feeling o.k.after all your trouble. Try to keep in touch as we all think of you. Penny.
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:43 pm

Oh so sorry to read your sad news Dita,i have been rather busy and not been looking in here until now.
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello Dita,So sorry to read your sad news about your hubby.Hope Dolly is looking after you.Take care we are all thinking of you. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Dita, I am so very sorry. Am late going online today. My thoughts are with you and family, with big hugs. As Andere said, we are here for you.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:57 am

Good morning.It is pouring down with rain in Kent at the moment.Worse to come by the weather forecast.It isn't cold though.

Might go out and stretch my legs later get some fresh air.

Saw Logan on Saturday which was good.I must get motivated or its going to be a long long day. :mrgreen:

Might come back later if I have anything good to say. :roflmao:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes