Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm not upset. Honest! Just busy and don't always have time to spend on forums.
Dita, I'm so pleased your OH got (reasonably) good news at the chest clinic and you can both stop having those dark thoughts in the night about what it might be. Mind, I never heard before of anyone having a fungal infection on the lung - but I s'pose, if you can get one in your toenails (as my OH has) anything is possible ...

A quiet weekend here. Went to a beer & rock music festival in a nearby village yesterday. The weather stayed fine and it was great fun, people of all ages, shapes and sizes just having a good time. Today, OH has stayed hunkered over his PC while I did a whole load of much-needed housework. You can see where I've been! :mrgreen: Now it's time to go and put the spaghetti on to have with my Leftovers Special that's quietly cooking. Time to do some grocery shopping, I think!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:40 am

Morning Dita and all. Weather so far good but outlook not so bright. Thanks Andere, was only worrying that the forum might go too low. Felt a bit worried as this is the only place I get any conversation. Dita and I swore to do anything to keep going.. Anyway hope everyone is well and bright. Give puss a soft hug and Dolly a big hug from me. Fingers crossed the rest of August proves fine. Hope all still going well Dita with your neck etc. And your OH. Have a good day. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi Penny and all, what you said in your post almost goes for me too Penny as I think you know, this little forum was a great place years ago and we have many memory's of friendship and communications through the years. Andere it is many years since I met Lacemaker in Gainsborough along with another member of this forum, he has been dead for many years now and so has many other members. Nearly wrote something very personal about my life and feelings then, but changed my mind and scrubbed it,- Hope all ok with you Penny do hope that pain is easier, my aches and pains are still around and I blame stress as it doesn't help when living in that kind of situation. Dolly is waiting for a game as usual and I must go or she will pester me, I don't mind because she keeps me going, I'm waiting for you too Penny. Big hugs Penny and take care all xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:46 pm

I met Lacemaker together with Shutterbug/Gina, in High Holborn many years ago, with the (sub) group called the Refreshment Tent. It was a great experience meeting up and would be good if the Rowan Tree could, but need more of us. We are scattered to the four corners and middles of the UK.....like Caithness and the Sussex coast and Kent coast and Peak District, Bucks, Lincs etc so it doesn't look feasible. Plus, we don't all have our youth, health and strength.
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:06 pm

Penny , have just been watching the tragedy of Le Mans in 1955 what a mess that was. Just wondered if you had seen it. :( Vannin I would have liked to have met Gina but never did, and it mainly for the reasons you said and you are right about the health and strength bit :) Take Care All xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi,all. Despite the gloomy weather forecast, it's stayed fine here and I wish now I'd done some washing to take advantage of it. Bet it'll rain tomorrow if I do the sheets. Grrr.

Oh, I do agree about the desirability of keeping friendly little forums like this one going. I belong to a couple of others which have all but died from disuse which is really sad as they used to be very lively and full of animated discussion. I did join Gransnet which is still huge and busy but many of the members seem to be very judgemental of others. It also tends toward the cloyingly sentimental which doesn't do much for me so I don't go there much.

I've also wondered about a forum gathering but, as Viv said, we're a bit scattered so it'd have to be several sub-gatherings and probably arranged on an individual ad hoc basis when one person is visiting another's area. Currently, someone from my student nurse intake is trying to organise a reunion. There are 14 of us in all corners of England and Scotland, plus Bahrain, Cyprus and Canada. We've had a couple of previous reunions but this one looks to be nearly impossible as there's never a date when we're all available.

I've only met two members of this forum in Real Life (so far as I know!) and one of those was Lacemaker who went to the same school as me so we met at an Old Girls' lunch when she was in England some years ago - actually, a frightening number of years ago now I come to think of it! All I can say is, if anyone's visiting mid Lincs and fancies a meeting, PM me and if I'm free then I know a few good places for coffee-and-cake or pie-and-a-pint!

Gentle hugs to all those with aches and paIns. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Andere, I have been to Gainsborough many years ago, visiting my cousins, explored the town and at other times, went to one wedding and one funeral at an RC church there.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:44 am

Good morning everyone.It dark and overcast here in Kent,has just started to rain too.When my Iceland shop has arrived I am going for a walk in the rain blow my cobwebs away. :roflmao: Feel a bit like this at the moment :sad: It will go as quick as it came hopefully. :dunno:

Has anyone got windows 10 please?If so where do I find the built in microphone :mrgreen: please.My mate poohdog is getting a bit iffy with me :roflmao:

Little Logan is going to spend a couple of hours with me on Friday afternoon so I will get all the doll's house stuff out for him to play with.He likes playing with that.

Janet is away in her caravan till Friday so no internet for her.We all went to see her on Sunday for a gathering it was lovely and sunny,not like today.
Have a good day all. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:57 am

Gainsborough has changed greatly over the past 20 years, Vannin - not all of it for the better. Although the demolition of so many gloomy old industrial sites has let in the daylight and opened up the riverside for leisure use, much of the town's character seems to have gone, too. Alongside the green, pleasant and historic parts there are far too many soulless, featureless areas that just haven't fitted seamlessly into the whole. Compared to nearby Bawtry which has retained its charm while still slotting neatly into the 21st century, Gainsborough is a bit sad :sad: .

As I predicted, the monsoon is back with us today. Poor LK is very miserable, longing to go out but unwilling to get soaked. She hates having to use a litter tray but may be forced to do so unless she's going to burst! I was planning to go and get my hair cut later but, if this keeps up, it can wait for another day!

Maggie, I have W10 on the laptop and I'll look for the microphone later when I boot it up. I've never used it so I don't know. If I find out before someone else tells you, I'll let you know.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:01 pm

Morning Dita and all. Before I forget soft hug for puss and big hug for Dolly. Sorry about the weather puss. Simply awful. Just done a pile of ironing. OH says we are going to the Golf Club for lunch. Think we will have to swim or sail there. Hope you are feeling a little better Dita. Fingers crossed. Talking of swimming. Pity you are not nearer Dita, I could have taught you how to. Taught my two and two grandchildren. Daughter now has life savers certificate. Still have my swimwear. Would like to start again. Have a good day folk and try to keep dry. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi Penny and all, guess you may be scoffing now at the golf club Penny. It has been pouring down all morning I keep seeing a bit of a lull then blow me its at it again. I have been cleaning the tops of my kitchen cupboards this morning, I get on a chair and get on the work tops to do the job, have a few kitchen pot items on the top of the cupboards and they were a bit dusty and ready for a clean Yuk!. My Mum and her parents were brought up-at- and around Gainsborough I had an uncle who was years ago the Blacksmith at Marton, he was nearly opposite the church there. I used to visit lots before they altered it as my family used to also live at Collingham and Newark, they have all died off now apart from my cousin. I would have liked to swim at one time but not sure how I would be now Penny, funny really because I used to spend much time rowing on a local river when not at school along with all my mates--never thought about falling in unable to swim??? I'm rabbiting on now, big hugs from Dolly & me and take care all xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:Gainsborough has changed greatly over the past 20 years, Vannin - not all of it for the better. Although the demolition of so many gloomy old industrial sites has let in the daylight and opened up the riverside for leisure use, much of the town's character seems to have gone, too. Alongside the green, pleasant and historic parts there are far too many soulless, featureless areas that just haven't fitted seamlessly into the whole. Compared to nearby Bawtry which has retained its charm while still slotting neatly into the 21st century, Gainsborough is a bit sad :sad: .

As I predicted, the monsoon is back with us today. Poor LK is very miserable, longing to go out but unwilling to get soaked. She hates having to use a litter tray but may be forced to do so unless she's going to burst! I was planning to go and get my hair cut later but, if this keeps up, it can wait for another day!

Maggie, I have W10 on the laptop and I'll look for the microphone later when I boot it up. I've never used it so I don't know. If I find out before someone else tells you, I'll let you know.

Thank you Andere I will be very grateful if you do.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:51 am

Maggie - I posted an answer to this in a separate thread. :mrgreen:

Hi everyone from grey, cool and sodden Lincolnshire. Such drama yesterday! I was drying sheets in the old washer-dryer that came with the house; OH was going out and I'd just seen his car pass the window on his way down the drive when there was this terrible metallic shrieking/grinding noise. I thought he'd driven out of the gate and hit something! Nearly had a heart attack. Then I realised the noise was still going on and was coming from the kitchen. The dryer! The drum had stopped turning and was sort of twitching and this ongoing grinding noise and a smell of very hot cotton.... I managed to switch off, unplug and got the door open to rescue the sheets. Decided the main bearing has probably gone and the thing is so old, any repair man is just going to suck his teeth and shake his head while quoting silly money for fixing it.
By the time OH came back the new machine was already ordered; it'll be delivered and installed late this afternoon. It's a washer only so I'll be without a dryer until I get my dryer up from the old house in October so let's hope for some decent drying weather for the next few weeks. I'm just glad I decided not to go out with OH yesterday because, if that had happened with nobody here and the dryer set on High heat, it might have been disastrous.
Have a good day, everyone.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:29 am

Hi Penny and all, its a little cloudy one minute, sunny the next after as Andere said it was rain and more rain yesterday with flooding causing trouble in some places. How are you today Penny, do hope that pain has subsided a bit, just wondering if you said you were going back to the docs this week?? My family are setting off for their hols tomorrow, going to the south of France by car and staying in a holiday home for a week before moving to Annecy -one of my favourite places and I would love to go. I make sure I never leave washer and drier going when I'm out ever since all the controversy about them. Dolly sending you lots of hugs Penny, I will pop back later so take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 am

Hi Dita and all. Been very busy since getting up. Had note from son, granddaughter coming home .for the weekend and all of us meeting for celebration tea. Waiting to hear just where. Hope it is where we had treat a few months ago. That was lovely. Pouring with rain all morning. OH just gone to Post Office. Been selling old railway stuff, has such a lot. Filling freezers. Just waiting to finish cooking of a large batch of Chilly. Beef..... Catch you all later.Hope you are feeling better Dita and all. Big hug for Dolly and nice soft ones for puss and Trixie. Cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes