Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Oh, i love Alford! It's a lovely little town and Alford Manor House is a fascinating place to visit. Their cafe is excellent, too. :mrgreen:

Been over the border into S. Yorkshire today... Passports and visas at the readyn :lol: I was going to order some IKEA flat-pack bookcases online but OH pronounced that it was a lovely day and it would save time and delivery charges if we went to the Sheffield branch to get them ourselves. About 2 hours of crawling traffic later, we arrived. Found what we wanted and were reminded how old and feeble we're getting, wrestling with those confounded cardboard boxes. I used to be able to deal with things like a small bookcase single handed. Now, it takes two of us, puffing and struggling to get one on to the trolley! :sad: Another 2 hours crawling home through the Friday afternoon traffic (what is it with the M18?) and we're too banjaxed to get the stuff out of the car! It can wait until tomorrow now! Just had an early dinner as we skipped lunch and am going to settle down with a good book and a mug of tea. :trink:

From all this, you'll understand that OH is feeling fine and bushy-tailed again. No sign of the drooping invalid from earlier in the week. Excellent!
Hope everyone else is ok and managed to enjoy the sunshine and that Madame D.Dog is suitably tired out from her activities.
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Good evening all,
Been another lovely sunny day today,went shopping at tescos it was really busy today,i think they had all read the weather forecast for the weekend.
Came home and put the shopping away and then got OH to make a cuppa tea and almost nodded off.
And at 6.30 son and grandaughters dropped in for a while which was nice,youngest is 7 tomorow so gave her her presents to take home.
D.I.L was out with her work buddies celebrating her 40th,oh to be 40 again lol,my youngest was only 5 then.

Hope all are ok and having a jolly evening.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 pm

hi all, sorry to be late.everything upside down today. put main meal in oven and oven gave up. never mind, all should be ok tomorrow. everyone sounds cheerful, great. big hug for dolly and cuddles for pussies. had a wonderful surprise this morning, had been talking about percy the pheasant when i looked across the lawn and there he was. or one the same of course.made my day. catch you all tomorrow. cheers penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi Mi Dears, its another bright cold day, already had a little kick around but she is after another, its alright for her she's more energy than me I've been having a clean up, then quick lunch while she sits there licking her -whats it- .You are right about the M18 Andere, did you go to Meadowhall?? Pleased to hear OH is feeling better. Good to know Percy is back giving you a visit Penny whether it been another of the same it doesn't matter, I used to have a pet starling called Sid, he still comes :) Big hugs from Dolly and me, Penny, and take care all xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Hello everyone it tis me,lol.Think I am losing this cold as I haven't coughed yet today.Must be the hot honey and lemon that im drinking everynight.
The weather has been lovely although a bit chilly,jack was out playing this morning.Not seen Logan this weekend,he went to see santa claus this morning.Then this evening he is going to their xmas carnival.

Someone is playing with a hammer in this block of flats,sounds like next door to me.

Well at long last my tv is up and running.The stand that had to go on to the tv was a pain,never had trouble like that before.It took 2 days to get it on there. :sad: In the end I done it myself yesterday morning.Then my daughter in law called in and she took over retuning the tv etc.I am looking forward to watching Strictly on there tonight.

Good to read your hubby is back to his normal self Andere,Dita is keeping Dolly fit with footy.Viv is looking after Trixie.Penny is still getting better.

At my drawing last week we drew 5 sweets,quality chocolates.We were allowed to eat one each after.Next week we are drawing christmas baubles,so Im going to pratice at home first. :roflmao:
Have a lovely relaxing evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:04 pm

hi everyone. sorry to be so late but seems to be a lot of internet and telephohone problems around here. hope you are feeling ok dita, pleased maggiegh and andere seem to be getting on top of things.well done. looking forward to strictly tonight. don.t miss the last of motor racing tomorrow dita. last for this year. big hug for dolly and soft ones for little one. cheers penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi, everyone from a grey and dank morning. It's cold and depressing out there, even LK doesn't want to go out. We slept late, had a leisurely brekky and now trying to stir ourselves to do something a bit useful. OH spent yesterday building the new bookcases but has instructed me not to fill them with books yet because he wants to re-arrange the telephone cable that runs behind them?? :thinking: As the old, too small bookcase has already been moved out to the shed, the living room is full of wobbling piles of books - like Waterstone's sale. (By the way, Dita, we didn't go to Meadowhall proper. That IKEA is just outside of it, on the other side of Sheffield Road. It's quite new, the staff are cheery and helpful and it wasn't very crowded so quite a positive experience).

I hope the hammering didn't go on all night for poor Maggieh? We used to have neighbours who hammered all the time. Heaven only knows what they were doing. One day, OH asked the man if they were putting up wallpaper with tin-tacks and just got a blank stare in reply....

Hope Penny's got the oven fixed now - or persuaded OH it's time for a new one :lol: Definitely not nice to be without a proper oven; microwaving is not the same.
Have a nice day, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi Dita and all, lovely sunny day here but very cold. Well, cooker working but bulb in one section needs replacing. Side piece of spectacles fell off last night, I ask you, what next.? Anyway, feel more cheerful after a night of nightmares, kept dreaming the Micro had broken down and each time I looked for something it had vanished. I ask you, what next. Do hope everyone is well and having a good weekend. last of the motor racing today. Big hug for dolly and soft ones for little ones, hope Trixie is still on the up. Take care, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi Penny and all, its been quite busy since I was on yesterday, plenty of news which is really great to read, did you go out for Sunday Lunch Penny ? thought you may because of your cooker dying, pleased it was not so serious after all. Do hope you enjoyed Strictly on your new TV Maggieh, hope the sweet drawings you did were Thornton' although now they have been bought out by Roch------whatever? they don't go down hill. Ages since I visited Sheffield Andere, my Dad came from there originally along with 1 bros and 3 sisters so you can imagine I still have family there, trouble is families lose touch and we did :( . Think its too cold out even for Dolly so she's giving me an easy time today, wondering if the same applies to LK & Trixie. Hugs to everyone from Dolly and me, :bighugs: and take care all xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby dita » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi Penny and all, not much news today----apart from the Prince Harry getting married news today :) Been a dull morning apart from an odd peep of sun now and again, and threats of rain too. May pop back later when Dolly has sorted me out, take care xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi, all. After a cold, grey morning it's now a cold, grey and very wet afternoon. I originally planned to go out and do some odds and ends of necessary shopping today but have put it off until a nicer day - or until I run out of something vital. LK has given up on Out, too and is curled up on my bed, sleeping the sleep of a contented cat. Think I'll go and make soup this afternoon - it's that sort of day: a lovely, warming spiced butternut squash & parsnip ....

I have relations in Sheffield, too, Dita or used to have. My Dad's uncle, his wife and several offspring all settled there in the 50s but I've not heard anything of them for about 40 years. :dunno:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi Andere good to see you, it must be about 40yrs since I was in touch with my lot as well, look well if we are related without knowing :) I wouldn't know my way round the place now. Take care of yourselves xx
dita

Postby dita » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi Penny and all, and anyone else popping in. :) Am gonna be meeting myself coming back Hee Hee (just jesting)
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Good afternoon Dita and everyone else.Gosh it is fresh outside with no hat or gloves on.I had 2 pairs of gloves but can't find either pair now.The sun is out and dry here.

Had to go to the chemist to pick up some tablets I had run out off,so after going there I popped into Janets.Now I just walked back home.

Was lovely watching dancing on my big tv on Saturday you see a lot more than a smaller screen.On Sunday evening it was super watching Blue Planet that was brillant.
Maybe Noddy will stay awake watching it tomorrow afternoon with cowboys and Indians shooting each other. :roflmao:

As I didn't get to see Logan on Saturday I had him over here for a couple of hours on Sunday while daughter in law went private shopping.We had a good time drawing over my dolls house.It looks like a scruffy squat now. :roflmao: We had lots of laughs while doing it.That brightened my day up.

I am going to start putting my xmas decorations round at the weekend get in the xmas spirit. :roll: Hope you are all well and happy.See you soon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:25 am

Oh, Maggieh! :groaner: Dekkies already? They'll be all tired and dusty by 25th and you'll be fed up of seeing them .....Still, whatever turns you on, I suppose! Hope you find your gloves soon; you sound like my OH who has to buy new ones virtually every winter because he can't find last year's. I keep threatening to thread them through his coat sleeves on a piece of elastic.

Another grey, cold and dark day weatherwise but at least it's not actually raining. Plenty to keep us busy indoors so I don't care too much. I think my new SAD lamp is working because I don't feel as depressed as I did this time last week. Only 23 days now until the shortest day!!!

Take care of yourselves, everyone and keep warm.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes