Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Thu May 30, 2019 7:08 pm

So pleased you managed the dots. That must be a kiddies one. I finished the Octopus last night and am in the middle of the Pirate Ship. See if you get those and then you will find them very interesting. 400 dots to each page. Dr. gave me some penicillin tablets to help and I have to see him again in a week. He said I had a infection but could not understand the cause. Hope you afternoon went well.. I hope everyone else is O>K>....Take care. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu May 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi, all. Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately but I caught yet another cough/cold and been feeling lousy (where do these things come from?). All I've done recently is tinker about in the garden, planting more lavender, carnations and aubretia. It's looking quite colourful now and some of the carnations are scented so, if you stand downwind of them, it smells gorgeous!

The good news is that my landscape contractor rang today to say he will be starting work on Wednesday next week to level the little back garden and lay proper paving so we have room to put out table and chairs to eat outside in summer :sunglasses: . He's coming round tomorrow for a double-check of all his measurements and discuss any potential snags - not that I'm expecting any!

The bad news is that my laptop has died. Simply refuses to boot up. I've been thinking for a while that I need to do a complete system re-install on it because it was running so slow but it now seems to have made the decision for me. I'm now looking at a replacement with more memory and a faster processor to cope with all my picture editing. OH said why not go for a refurbished one? But I've now seen a superb new Acer and am trying mentally to justify the expense. Maybe, if I don't buy any new shoes for at least a year, it'll be a fair expense? Then, as my best friend, Carol, says - you can't take it with you....

Ciderman, your notice cracked me up. Would I be breaching your copyright if I posted a copy on our gate?!
Andere Richtingen

Postby ciderman_nz » Thu May 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Please feel free Andere! :-)
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby maggieh » Fri May 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Good afternoon.Its a bit overcast here today plus a bit chilly.But tomorrow we are going to be sweating like crazy.Rather that than get a soaking. :roflmao:

Sorry to hear you are suffering with a cold Andere.And a poorly laptop too.Treat yourself to a new one to help you feel better. :roflmao:
We have to treat ourselves now and again.

Apart from my washing machine a couple of months ago,my son gave me a nice new air fryer last weekend.Tonight I am going to try to cook some salmon in it.I normally cook it in foil in the oven.

I am off to see Logan tomorrow.He said his leg is better now,he doesn't limp anymore.Hope your legs are getting better now Penny.

Will now look for a better Dot to Dot for my tablet.Have a nice evening.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri May 31, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi Maggieh, just had an afternoon watching the bards with their little ones. People coming down with bags of seeds and the birds almost eat from the hand now. Several barges up and down the canal, quite a pleasant afternoon.
The penicillin the Dr gave me worked well on my legs but for some reason my big toe bone is swollen and I am having to wear some slipper which I have hat to cut to get on. Driving me nuts, if its not one thing its another. Hope you have a super time with Logan and pleased his leg is better. Hope Andere you are feeling on the up after another cold. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:10 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny. Tits still growing, expect them to take flight before the week is up. Young rooks keep appearing for food, must have been well over a hundred for breakfast. Costing us a fortune for food but well worth it. I hope everyone is well now and colds improved.Hope hubby is O>K>Dita. and you of course Have a lovely day maggieh with Logan. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi, all. It's very, very sultry here; feels like there ought to be a good storm to clear the air. It hasn't been as hot and sunny as further south, but okay until evening and now it's just ....yeuk. We're hoping it stays fine tomorrow so we can go and visit a couple of the gardens that are open for charity. Strangely, my efforts in the flower beds seem to have sparked OH's interest. He's never likely to do anything in the garden but he announced that he'd enjoy looking at some.

After that, we have to clear a track through the garage so the landscapers can get their wheelbarrow through, otherwise they'll have to take everything through the conservatory! There's going to be a skip on the drive for the rubble and rubbish so goodness knows which county the poor car will end up parked in :roll: The chaps will be here at breakfast time on Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to getting the job done. Must start looking for suitable furniture now, also.

I gave in to temptation and the new laptop PC is now on order - probably be here in about 10 days or so. This week, I'll have another serious attempt at making the current one boot up properly, otherwise it'll be a screwdriver job to get the hard drive out of it and rescue some of the contents. Life is never dull around here!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Good afternoon.It was hot out when I went to the shop this morning.But now it is getting up very windy,the tree's are swaying around.

My daughter in law has gone to Bruge for the day.Granddaughter and her cousins.Hope its not too choppy when they sail home later.Even DIL's father has gone too.Logan is home with daddy.
I had a nice day with Logan yesterday.

Yesterday evening I looked at the clock and thought the time is going slow.Then wondered why TV progs were coming on earlier than the book said.Then realised the battery was worn out.

I will watch the final of Britain's Got Talent this evening.

Are you sure its not the battery that has given up on your laptop,Andere?

Be nice if you could take pictures of all the birds that come to you Penny.Not many birds here,seagulls,parakeets and sparrows mainly.
Have a lovely afternoon/evening. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Pleased you had a happy time with Logan, Hope the rest of the family get back O>K> Very windy here now.Got very achy legs today. Pills seem to be working for infection but now have a swollen and sore big toe. Did you find the dots game? remember all got 400 dots, Don't think I will be going to the lakes today, Do take care and enjoy the rest of the day. Any news Dita? Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Just about to put the daily puzzle on. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Just back from a visit to the gardens at Skellingthorpe Hall in the rain! It's not cold and we had macs so i enjoyed it anyway although OH had a grumble. Worth going for the tea and cakes, anyway! At least, I won't have to water the plants this evening. :lol:

I shall go and assemble the makings of a loaf in a moment and shell some peas ready for this evening. The rain appears to have set in permanently now so i shan't be going anywhere else today.

Maggieh, the battery on my laptop has been in a dire state for years so it's permanently plugged into the mains. It part-boots then just freezes up so, tomorrow, I'll try to do it in Safe Mode and see if it will oblige. Just discovered our landline isn't working - Virgin Media reckon they'll have it fixed by short!y after 4pm. I'm not holding my breath!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:36 pm

Good afternoon.Not good here,it is pouring down with rain in Kent.Flippers needed,heating on.Windows closed.

Had a new clock delivered today by Amazon,so missed a clock here,last one packed up.Hate not knowing the time.Even when I go to the bathroom in the night I look at the clock.

Off to drawing in the morning to draw a Cat. :roflmao: Then at 4.30 I am being picked up to go for a meal as a send off to my granddaughter Jade as she is flying out to America.She has a long flight ahead of her on Thursday morning.This time she is going for 3 months working at a children's holiday camp.She loved it last year.

Is anyone Watching Love Island?I watched it lastnight and will be tuning in every evening. :mrgreen:

Have a super afternoon/evening.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi maggeih, sounds as tho' you are a busy lady.Just been out for lunch, had scampi, chips and salad. Weather been very miserable with dark clouds and showers. Dried up at the moment but rather windy. Like you, I have clocks all over the place. Enjoy your outing this afternoon and take care. cheers Penny
'
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 pm

:wave: Hellooooooooo!!

Is anybody out there?
Well, if not, I'll talk to myself for a while. It can only help in cultivating my dotty-old-woman persona.

The landscapers are working hard. They've ripped all the surface off the back yard and it looks like the surface of the moon at present. We had to put out a little step-stool for Lucy Katt last night because she could no longer reach to scramble through her cat flap! A massive truck with a hoist has just delivered a load of hard core and my lovely new paving slabs. That was quite exciting to watch - such precision with massive equipment. There isn't that much space out the front, with a skip taking up half the drive but the driver has positioned everything very carefully so there's still access to front and back doors and nothing was plonked on a flower bed to crush my plants. I'm well impressed.

Time for some lunch now, I think. I hope all are okay and just busy getting on with life.
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Good afternoon all.
Had a lovely evening with granddaughter and family yesterday.I had to make my own way there as their car broke down.I got there too early but had to walk to the Carvery anyway.Coming home to the bus stop I was almost running as Jade needed to get the next bus to the railway station for the 7.30 train.Poor little Logan's legs were getting slower.Anyway they made the train,I carried on to my stop.

She has now landed in America, 5 our time.We will see lots of pictures of her on Facebook.

I made Jade a card with a cat on it that I drew,she has taken it with her.Plus some pictures that Logan drew for her.

Glad your workmen are working hard Andere.Will look nice when it is finished.
Have a nice evening and see you tomorrow. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:01 pm

very pleased all went well for you maggieh, Pleased Jade landed well. What a good job she is doing. Poor Andere, must be driving you nuts and I feel for Lucy. Lovely weather here but not so warm. Rather windy now. I have no idea what is wrong with our roads but it took us 65 mins for return we normally do in 10.Everywhere signs saying, road closed. Take care all, just about to get tea. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes