Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Good afternoon all.My feet are hurting from too much walking today.There was a street fair near to where my daughter lives.Well I had to drop something off to her today,so did the fair together.Well she took Basil as normal,but he didn't want to move very much.Each time someone made a fuss of him,he would lay on his back for a tummy rub.So there was a lot of resting going on.
I spent a few hours with Logan yesterday which was lovely,he goes back to school on Tuesday,that 6 weeks whizzed by.
My granddaughter comes home on Friday from America.She has been using the money she earnt to tour America,she went to the Grand Canyon,Las Vegas and New York her last stop before home.

Next Saturday we get our dance dresses on ready for Strictly Come Dancing,I am looking forward to watching that. :mrgreen:

Have a lovely afternoon/evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi hope you are all ok, I'm looking forward to Strictly Maggieh, not really familiar with a lot of them entering though. My son has been looking around apartments think he hopes I'm gonna move to their area, I'm keeping a very low profile:) I can understand because its a long way for them to travel to keep their eves on me. If they have their way I could be your neighbor Maggieh ?
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Maggie, what a good day, not too hot, when you went to the fair. The school holidays go quickly don't they. This time, I managed to spend two Sundays seeing the family. They took the opportunity in the past week to go and explore Dorset.

Dita, I can imagine how you feel if a move is in the air. I can't imagine my daughter thinking on those lines but I would have very mixed feelings.

Trixie is a bit more settled since the heatwave simmered down. On Thursday her date with the lovely Leanne is due but this is the last steroid injection for the year and the effect only seems to last a fortnight each time (till more itching) and some years, itch continued till Oct/Nov with scabs being scratched off. So I'll stay optimistic as things have gone fairly well this year.
Ladies (and man) do join in the game: 'Songs with names' on the new threads. It made a change and many more are needed on the 'boys names' and 'season/month names', to catch up with the girl list which has 34. Back in the day, it was Pussycat who used to introduce such threads.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi maggie,pleased all is going well. Logan must be getting quite tall now. Hope your granddaughter settles back. She certainly did her bit and the places she has been , are wonderful
Sorry dita, a difficult time. Needs a lot of thought before moving.
Sorry not joined in vannin. Simply because unable to do this copy bit. Am absolutely useless with anything technical.
Had a phonecall from my g/d.in Sydney this morning, she says she wishes. like me, that I could be with her as we always have a good laugh when we are together.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Penny, just click on quote which is always above the square we post on!
vannin

Postby maggieh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:28 pm

dita wrote:Hi hope you are all ok, I'm looking forward to Strictly Maggieh, not really familiar with a lot of them entering though. My son has been looking around apartments think he hopes I'm gonna move to their area, I'm keeping a very low profile:) I can understand because its a long way for them to travel to keep their eves on me. If they have their way I could be your neighbor Maggieh ?

I only know a few of them that have joined Strictly,Dita.But should be good.Although it would be nice for you to be nearer your family.You would be leaving all your friends behind and maybe not knowing anyone apart from family.
Anyway you will think about it. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:42 pm

Penny wrote:Hi maggie,pleased all is going well. Logan must be getting quite tall now. Hope your granddaughter settles back. She certainly did her bit and the places she has been , are wonderful
Sorry dita, a difficult time. Needs a lot of thought before moving.
Sorry not joined in vannin. Simply because unable to do this copy bit. Am absolutely useless with anything technical.
Had a phonecall from my g/d.in Sydney this morning, she says she wishes. like me, that I could be with her as we always have a good laugh when we are together.
cheers Penny

Pleased you had a phonecall from your granddaughter Penny I bet that cheered you up. :bighugs:
Children went back to school today,Logan has gone into a different class without one of his buddies.So he wasnt looking forward to school today.

I have just got back from a stroll to the shop.Does anyone have homeless people sitting outside the shops?I find it so off putting.There are a lot that have homes to go too here.
Weather is dry here bit of a breeze,not cold though.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi Maggieh, Back to school for Logan today, bet you are thinking about him on and off all day.:) Your right about my thoughts about moving to Kent, we came to this little village of 40 houses - which was only a few miles from where I was born - in the 1970s, despite having no amenities apart from a postbox it is replaced with the countryside which in my opinion is much more attractive than loads of estates and the like. As you can tell it is going to take much thought. When in the town nearest to me there is also folk sitting begging, don't go there very often.
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:29 pm

There are quite a lot of ? homeless beggars in the city centre. Some of them are genuine, others not. I'm told that some of them are quite aggressive although I've no direct experience of it. They certainly don't do Lincoln's image any good when you consider how much of the city's income is derived from tourism.

I'm whacked! LK is at the cattery; the cases are packed and OH is outside checking tyre pressures. In the morning, we set off to Morecambe for a 5 day break in the wild, wet and windy north west. It felt like a good idea when we planned it but now I've seen the weather forecast , I'm not so sure but it's too late to cancel without penalty . Hard to know what to pack but there are a lot of things in my case that I'd hoped not to use again until at least mid October . :sad:

Dita, it can be awfully difficult adjusting to a new environment in later life so I know you'll be thinking carefully. There are things to consider, not only friendships and local community support but the "life support" we all use - doctors, dentists, opticians, vets. If you're happy with the ones you use and they know all about you and Dolly and your history, it can be hard adapting to somewhere new. You'll have to weigh all that, plus the sheer stress of moving against the convenience of relatives close by and, maybe, better transport links. It's also very early days after the death of your OH so maybe too soon for big decisions. :bighugs: while you're thinking.

Back next week ....
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Luck you Andere. If you trot around just looking, On the way to a snall place called Overton, look for a house on its own called Heaton Park House. Where I lived for a long time. It was surrounded by nothing but fields with cattle. My son tells me there are other places there now, pity. Always regretted moving. Have a wonderful time. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Andere you have got it exactly, my family were looking at some places last weekend and although they were nice they both couldn't see me there. Its early days yet. When winter comes this place can get quite miserable, everyone hides in the warmth and unless they are going back and forth to work its deserted. Big hugs to you all from me and Dolly xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Vet day tomorrow. Paws crossed!
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Will be thinking of Puss tomorrow and pray all will be well. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Thank you Penny. I believe Nurse Leanne will give a big welcome. Trixe has a true rapport with her!
vannin

Postby maggieh » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Good afternoon everyone.

Noddy is here,falls asleep just like that.I must be boring company :mrgreen: Where is my peace gone too. :roll:

Hope Trixie got on ok at the vets today,Vannin and is now sleeping her trip off.

Maybe Penny is out being wined and dined this afternoon. :mrgreen:

Enjoy whatever you are doing today and take care.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes