Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi Penny, Andere, Maggieh and all. Big Hugs from Dolly and me xxxx
Not forgetting Twin1947, Vannin and anyone else I have missed :grouphug: :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:58 pm

Good afternoon Dita and everyone else that looks in here.Lovely bright looking day here in Kent for last day of October.No halloween trick or treats here tonight so no point anyone ringing my bell. :roflmao:

It does seem a long day when one gets up at the unearthly hour of 6am.The workmen were here bang on 7am and gone by 7.30 to their next call.I bet Penny gets a early wake up call in hostipal,hope she is doing well.

Going to pop down to my mate Jayne in a while give her a sarnie she wanted from the shop.Show her my drawings I've been doing,then come back and start drawing again for a hour.Back to drawing group in the morning plus Noddy day. :roll:

Glad your granddaughter likes school,Dita.Hope you enjoy your game of footy this afternoon with Dolly.Have a lovely afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:13 pm

Oh! dear Maggieh I had better send a text to my Grandaughter and tell her to ring your bell a few times :) she has got some good ideas for tonight. Know what its like to be around at 6am, but not answering the door to workmen at 7am its enough to drive you nuts :) Lovely to know you are now a real enthusiastic at drawing and obviously enjoying the courses, are you teaching Logan too as you go along? Noddy might benefit too--joking--. Have to go and have that cup final now, its getting dark :) Take care Maggieh xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi, all and greetings from drizzly Lincolnshire. It's been grey and damp and dreary all day but, thankfully, not really cold.
Had a pleasant trip out to Grantham on the bus this morning to meet some friends for lunch; if only the sun had been shining, the autumn trees would have looked fabulous. Back this afternoon and feeling too fat and idle to do much! A quiet evening with a good book, I think.
Like Maggieh, I hate it when tradesmen want to start work at half -past stupid and tend to stumble around all bleary eyed and getting in the way. I think they can't really expect me to be dressed at this hour? But then start to feel like a slob ....
Sounds like you've really taken to the drawing, Maggieh. Well done you for sticking with it.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi! good to know you are posting Andere and Maggieh :) It is a dry but very cloudy day here at this end of Lincolnshire. Pleased you enjoyed your trip to Grantham Andere, it is a place I have not been to for years, very famous for a very mind of her own lady I think. OH at the Docs and I am off now to get some lunch ready for his return. Do hope Penny is back soon I miss her and find myself getting downhearted keeping this thread going. Take Care from Dolly and me, hugs Andere & Maggieh xxxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Good afternoon Dita and Andere and anyone else that comes along.Have come back from my drawing group now,gosh it was a hard one today.Had to copy from a cabbage leaf and we are doing it again next week with coloured crayons.
Lovely day here nice and bright but chilly but dry.No trick and treaters here lastnight,fireworks will be next thing going off at night before the 5th Nov.

Mr.Grumpy will be here soon for the afternoon/evening. :doh: Everything I say to him he answers ok,drives me up the wall. :roll:

I keep wondering where Penny is,maybe she has gone home now.Hope she takes it easy though.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone and take care.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi, all.
Not much to say, really but i felt i had to put in an appearance to prevent Dita from getting any more down-hearted. I know what you mean. Penny's usually all over this forum and it seems very quiet without her but let's just wish her all the best and hope she's continuing to recover.

My OH was at the hospital this morning for some very - er - personal investigation. He has to go back soon for a colonoscopy but is waiting to be told when. It would be nice if all this investigation sorted out exactly why he's having so many problems but you can't help imagining the worst-case scenario. He's a lot more stoical about it than I am and, although the sensible part of me says there could be a dozen reasons for his problems, the hysterical part of me isn't listening. He has to go back to his GP tomorrow to discuss his latest blood test results .... why does he have so much wrong with him????? I honestly think doctors make you ill half the time and, once they start prescribing stuff, nothing will ever be the same again. OK, OK. I know that's not really logical but all his troubles seem to stem from the day he got his diabetes diagnosis. Dita, I hope your spouse emerged from the surgery with more answers than questions and it might restore may faith in medics.

Oh, Maggieh. I remember having to draw a cabbage leaf for my art o-level course; also a cauliflower (mine looked like an alien life form!). I found my school art folder when we were packing to move. It was cringe-worthy. No wonder I failed the o-level. My friend Sue, who is a very talented amateur artist, falls about laughing over that and says nobody could possibly fail art. I say it just proves how hopeless I am!

It's been very grey here today, too and there are oak leaves everywhere again. Ho hum. Out with the garden vac again tomorrow I suppose. It'll keep me fit!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi Andere , --therefore by the grace of God go I------came to mind as I read your post, my OH is waiting to go for a colonoscopy and he is waiting for the date too like your hubby, my thoughts are exactly the same as yours WHY?? He was at the GP's for his injection of iron & b12 which he has to have regularly this morning, and yesterday he was at the hospital for some more tests. Do hope your husband gets his problem sorted and doesn't have to wait too long. Take Care of yourself and LK, from Dolly & me xxxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:43 am

Dita, I think we should put our OHs together in a sack and shake them and then leave them there while we p*ss off on a sunshine holiday. Let's hope they both get sorted soon.

Morning, all! It's been a misty start here but clearing now and LK has gone outside to enjoy the art of Being A Cat. I think I'll have to bite the bullet and get my heavy coat and sweaters out of their vacuum bags though as I've seen the forecast for the weekend. I'm just trying to remind myself that winter brings its compensations: snuggly evenings in with a good book, baggy sweaters that don't show the spare tyre, fur hat to hide a bad hair day ...

Hope all are ok and having a good day. Purrs from LK to Dolly and all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Andere, I think you have an excellent solution for our OH issues, where are we going to?? have you anywhere in mind in particular? My headache is improving already :) Maybe Penny will be well enough to go too, that would be good. It is not too bad a day despite the dullness. We took the new Combi Microwave back to Curry's/PC World this morning, what a palaver it was yesterday trying to get some attention from them when they kept passing it on to Panasonic---cost us a ruddy fortune on the phone. Besides not being able to open the door properly there was a fault in the door itself, anyway it was accepted back without any quibble and I told them I was still in possession of my old one which still worked perfectly after 6yrs of happy use, so decided to not bother with the offered exchange and go back to that as it was exactly the same as the new crap. Got a refund . Hope Maggieh is ok today after her session with Noddy, she will have to do a drawing of him for us to have a look at :) Big hug for yourself and LK from Dolly and me, and take care all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Good afternoon Dita and Andere and anyone else that might pop in.Noddy was good yesterday he only went out twice for a ciggy and no nodding off either.He was full of chat for a change but unfortunally I can't always understand what he is saying.I do say pardon and he repeats it.Its 4 years since he had his stroke all down his left side.He has brought a second hand mobilty scooter as he does'nt want to drive his car anymore.

I have been to the range today its lovely up there with lots of Xmas decorations sparkling away.I brought 3 candles in a box with flickering lights and can change the colours of the candles with a little remote.Plus I brought another throw for my settee for these cold wintry nights that have been forecast.I don't do cold. :roflmao:

Well I must get and draw the cabbage leaf as it is going all wrinkly since yesterday. :roflmao: Hope both your husbands get their dates soon for their treatments.Then you will both be playing nurses,lol.I am going for my MRI scan on sunday evening,never had one before. :sad: I will try and put a picture on here soon of one of my drawings.I can't draw for toffee,but it is getting me out of my flat and mixing with people in my age group. :mrgreen:
Have a lovely evening wrap up warm.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Dit[ia, I've always fancied Sorrento but never been there. Or we could try Portugal? Or Cyprus, Sicily or the South of France? Unless you fancy a really long haul trip to the Southern hemisphere? We could go to NZ where it's early summer; try out some of the hot spring spas, pay a visit to Ciderman and sample the delicious local wines. The world is our lobster! And, yes, fresh lobster would be great, too.

OH has now been told that his other problems may be due to the metformin he takes for his diabetes and, as his diabetes is so well controlled, to stop taking them for 3 months and see what happens. I think that's a faint compliment to my rigid control of the household menus and I'm all in favour of fewer pills. He's also been told his liver function is slightly impaired and to cut down on alcohol. Now, that will be interesting! I'll be!I've it when I see it.

Hi, Maggie! Nice to see you. Sounds like Noddy's done the sensible thing if he doesn't want to drive any more. My late father got one of those scooters in the last couple of years of his life and absolutely loved it. He became known as Hell's Grandad in his village, always hurtling about on the thing and scaring the life out of innocent pedestrians. We did try to stop him but he was a law unto himself!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:58 pm

Sounds like they are slowly getting down to your OHs health problem and let's hope it all comes together very soon so at least you know whats what Andere, it is like a jigsaw puzzle. I've been to Sorrento it was in the 80's, lots of other great places around there too, have been to France lots of times too, my son was married and until recently owned a house there, pity we could have gone for a visit as well as as staying at Sorrento. Good luck with your MRI scan Maggieh, will be thinking of you xx Take care of yourselves xx
dita

Postby dita » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi Dita and all, :) Its a dry oka-ish sort of day, Hugs from Dolly and me, have a nice day. Hope you are feeling a little better Penny xx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Good afternoon Dita and all,

We have a lovely warm sunny day and i have been to the town with Margaret for an hour or two,just got home and had lunch with a coffee.
Oh and i are going to the park to feed the squirells have brought a bag of sunflower seeds and will take some apples with me,and take some pictures.
Also have washing to hang on the clothes airier,talk about all go.
twin1947

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes