Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi Dita and all, could not believe the weather today. It ha been snowing since 8 o.clock. It has just stopped. When I checked the forecast last night it said rain all day until 3.p.m. Am going to shoot the weather man. Hope it is better for next Friday. :rolleye11: , Pleased Dolly has managed a walk. Hope all little ones are indoors now keeping warm.Hugs all round. Have a good day and enjoy your lunch. Take care all. cheers Penny :grouphug: :please:
Kept meaning to say sorry Dita re the appointment. Did he get a new one in place. Penny :sorry:
Last edited by Penny on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi, all. I want to shoot our local radio weatherwoman, also! She was right about today - freezing cold, snow then rain, just generally bleeeeargh - but she said yesterday would be grayish but ok. Hah! OH and I ventured into the city to make the most of the ok spell and it drizzled on us the whole time. That solid, depressing drizzle that seems worse somehow than heavy rain... Sack her, now, sez I!

Sorry you're having probs with the bread, Penny. I haven't experienced what you describe. Anything out of the freezer makes OK toast with the toaster on the Frozen setting. My favourite flours, which still work well, are Allinsons' white baker's grade and strong wholemeal or Waitrose Canadian very strong white or wholemeal. For wholemeal loaves, I always add a tablespoon of extra gluten powder to lighten it. That can be hard to find in the shops but I get it online from http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com I also include about 15ml of lemon juice with the water which seems to make a difference to the finished quality. With our old breadmaker, we used to find that humid weather affected the texture of the bread but that doesn't seem to happen with this Panasonic which is pretty forgiving.

It's still raining outside, LK is fed up and so am I! I had to assist OH putting his support hose on after his shower earlier. Don't despair, Penny and Marieanne cos his legs really are both looking great now, lots of lovely new skin and much less swollen so those pressure bandages have worked. He's tickled pink about being able to have a proper shower at last without those Limbo covers on both legs; he sloshes around in there like a kid in a paddling pool :lol:
Stay warm and dry, everyone and try not to get cabin fever as this wretched weather continues.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi Penny and all, I was surprised to see you had snow yesterday Penny, my son in Kent like us have only seen a smattering of snow. Andere was right about the rain in our area even after such a hard frost previously, very odd. Pleased your OH's legs are improving Andere, hope Penny and Marieanne are feeling easier too, my OH goes for his pre-med later in the week and has to have a general anaesthetic on 4th Feb. just keeping fingers crossed really, have my own issues to deal with too but they are on the back board till things are sorted. Most of us women are like this even if they say they are not, that's why fellas think we are gullible :) Big hugs from Dolly and yours truly + take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Dita and all, weather been sunny until now, going quite cloudy and cold again.
Legs stlll very swollen, I only ope the Dis.nurse manages tomorrow as I cannot put shoes or slippers on. As you say Dita, only men count. grrrr. Just put in two loaves Andere, both my machines are Panasonic. fingers crossed again. Hope Dolly is happier today, if the rain has stopped your end. Hope Marieanne and all others are feeling better. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care. cheers enny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 am

Good morning everyone from a wet Kent.It started off lovely, lovely sky' birds singing.Then Poohdog sent the rain here cos he didn't want it up there. :roll:

Got to go out to the chemist soon to pick some tablets up,wish I went yesterday while it was sunny and dry.

I had a good afternoon yesterday taking some stuff downstairs to the shed that I no longer needed.Then once a week a council lorry comes round and takes it away for free.

While I am out I am going to pop into Janet's we haven't met up since December.Her hubby did have a bad cough and I understandable didn't want to get it. :roflmao:

Oh well best get cracking.Have a lovely day everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Morning Dita and all, Not very bright and still cold.Just getting rather windy. Good to hear maggieh is having a good time. Dist nurse has just been and at last my legs are on the mend. The bad spot has gone and now to get the swelling down and skin back to normal. Thank goodness. Hope everyone is OK and ready to enjoy a new week. Big hug for Dolly and softer one for Little ones.Enjoy your time with Janet and hubby. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi Penny and all, miserable grey day, we had to visit the vets for Dollys booster and health check, she is ok but hates going and pants and whines there and back, anyway she is ok now but left me a nervous wreck as usual. Hope you enjoy your catch up with Janet Maggieh do wish I had a sister to have a natter with now and again. So pleased your legs on the mend at last Penny, Dolly already getting excited as I know you are about your visitor coming on Friday :rolleye11: . Gonna have quick tidy round before tea, its been one of those days, :bighugs: from Dolly and me, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:47 am

Yuk!! A very, very wet and windy day. I imagine many others have exactly the same so you'll know what I mean. Nothing much planned today except staying in and keeping dry. OH was saying something last night about a run to IKEA but he's changed his mind!
He made his last visit to the leg c!inic yesterday - discharged with his support socks and need only go back if he has a recurrence. Yippee!
LK had the last of her eye drops this morning. It hasn't completely cleared up yet and, as it appears to be worse when she comes in from outside, I'm wondering if it's a plant allergy, maybe a reaction to all the spring growth in our garden or someone else's. I'll see how it goes and pay another visit to the vet if necessary.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Morning Dita and all. Dear me, what a lot of rain and wind we are having. Also had a very windy night. Guess its general today. Do hope puss is on the mend Andere. Pity all the little once who like to play outside, such as Dolly. Big hugs for all. Good news re OH's legs Andere, what was his problem to start the tying up.? Nothing planned today, I am just having a practice trying to fit my shoes on as I wanted to pop to Sainsbury's on Thursday. Don't want to bother son as he is very busy at present. Soon be Friday Dit, was thinking in terms of you not me, have I got it wrong.? OH just awoke and asked for morning drink. Take care all and do keep warm. Bet Laurie is over the moon with this weather. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Penny wrote:Hi Dita and all, could not believe the weather today. It ha been snowing since 8 o.clock. It has just stopped. When I checked the forecast last night it said rain all day until 3.p.m. Am going to shoot the weather man. Hope it is better for next Friday. :rolleye11: , Pleased Dolly has managed a walk. Hope all little ones are indoors now keeping warm.Hugs all round. Have a good day and enjoy your lunch. Take care all. cheers Penny :grouphug: :please:

:grouphug:
Hi Penny and all, Thought you were having your young man round Penny. :dunno: I am all mixed up now :roflmao: :roflmao: was just answering the above :rolleye11:
OH just received a call from the Hospital cancelling his Pre-med appointment tomorrow, they said the Nurse was having a day off????
Horrible dull rainy day again, after her ordeal at the vets yesterday Dolly was looking forward to a game,---Sorry Dolly! . Big Hugs from us both Penny and take care all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Good afternoon same weather here in Kent as all of you have thanks for sharing it.I almost got blown down to the bus-stop this morning. :roll: Doesn't feel cold though.

Enjoyed it at drawing group this morning as I was left to drawing a shoe.Teacher kept saying I had done well and a great improvement since last week.Keep giving me a shoe to draw I'll be ok. :roflmao: Next week its going to be a model airplane.

Your other halfs brother is here now Penny.His had a cup of tea and a sandwich now watching tv.He will soon nod off. :mrgreen:

I was sitting here and my mobile phone went off so I just let it ring,I don't regonise the number so will google it soon.Makes me wonder where they get your number from.

Hope you have managed to get your shoes on Penny then you can enjoy mooching round the shops.How annoying your hubby having his appointment cancelled,Dita.Glad to hear LK is on the mend Andere and your OH legs.Everyone have a nice lazy afternoon not much point going out and about in this weather. :dunno:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:13 pm

Sounds as though you are on top of the world maggiegh, well done. So pleased re your drawing, making us all envious, I expect your work will be in the art gallery next year. OH has just eaten like his half-brother and is now in noddyland. Have a super week and enjoy yourself. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Morning Dita and all, Hope everyone is feeling a little brighter today. Lovely and sunny but bitter cold. Just done a quickie to Sainsbury's. OH got new shirts in the sale, very nice I didn't bother to look as I find it a bit wearying going isle to isle. So many of the staff came to wish me well today, very touching. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones. Hope puss has it easier with her eyes now Audere. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Penny and all, pleased you enjoyed your visit to Sainsburys today, like you I couldn't be bothered wandering up and down the aisles this morning although there were 100's of clothes crammed on the rails in the sales. Had a chat with my friend who is still in hospital after her radio-therapy she is not well at all and has a terrible chest, they are trying to find her a care home for 6wks to build her strength up before sending her home. My OH waiting for the hospital to reset him an appointment again?? Like Penny I would love to be with you at the drawing class Maggieh. Just been in the garden with Dolly but its far too muddy, anyway big hugs from us both, :bighugs: :bighugs: and take care all xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Good evening everyone.Another wet evening the wind has dropped though thank goodness.

Today has been a good day for my son and his wife.My son has had a awful time since before xmas with a toothache he went to the dentist but was referred to Canterbury Hostipal.So he was seen at long last on Tuesday and told it between 4-5 weeks.Now he got a appointment for Feb to have it out its a wisdom tooth.
His wife had a job working on Saturdays with special needs adult men,but this afternoon she got a call from Age Concern offering her a cleaning job.

Then my granddaughter went for a interview today to work in America,and she has got the job goes in June for 9 weeks.
Plus my son gave me a headset so I can hear the tv through them save keep hearing the bathwater being run morning and night next door. :roflmao:

I had a bargain today from Primark a lovely pair of walking shoes reduced from 16pounds to 3pds.Up and out earlish tomorrow.I am going dog sitting looking after Basil the basset hound.He sleeps most of the day while i am there. :mrgreen: .
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes