Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:55 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Not been a bad day here weatherwise,wind is blowing,its dry and sunny.Not that warm though.

I have been busy shredding lots of paper bills etc,feel like I have had a spring clean.Another part of Logan's birthday present has arrived today,so will wrap that up later.

This year is whizzing past soon be christmas. :roflmao:

Noddy day tomorrow,will have to think what to do for dinner.He can't eat sausages as bit rough for him swallowing.Poor chap was ok before his stroke.I best go and get myself sorted for my evening meal too.

Hope you are all fighting fit too.Take care.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:11 pm

Good morning everyone.Last one here for 31st July and first one for pinch and punch day. :roll: Have just returned from the shop its quite nice out there.Keeps coming over cloudy though.

It is noddy afternoon this week,fun and games where he will nod off and snore,then say he hasn't been to sleep.He will be having fish and chips for dinner,I will order them to be delivered later. :roll:

I need to bend down on the floor to pick some paper up,thats going to be hardish :roflmao: Gosh I pulled a rib :roflmao:

Have a lovely day everyone and be goodish. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi maggieh, so pleased you are enjoying the day. About picking things up, I have the same trouble so bought a little stick with a clipper on the end. Very useful to pick up anything. Often see men on the street using one to pick up litter. Your poor old chap, if he has trouble swallowing, get some ready meal Yorkshire puddings from Sainsbury's. Even I like them. They freeze well. Continue to enjoy today. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Curses! Managed to post twice after thinking I'd accidentally deleted. So now I've deleted!
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 pm

OH recently got himself one of those grabber things and wouldn't be without it now. It's certainly reduced the number of requests I was getting to please, just pick that up while you're on your feet".

A lazy day today. We went for a tour of a local water treatment plant with our U3A group, followed by a pub lunch. Delicious veggie lasagne but eating a "proper" meal at lunchtime wipes out the afternoon for me. OK, the real ale probably didn't help but I was thirsty and it was only a pint! :prost:

Since I came home, I've done a load of washing, which I'm attempting to dry outside before it rains again (will it ever stop for more than 12 hours at a time?) and done very little else except try to plan a holiday for next month. Now waiting for th e cattery to confirm whether they can take LK on the dates we want before I can book it all up ...

Enjoy the fish&chips, Maggieh and Noddy...
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:38 pm

The fish and chips we had on Thursday evening were awful,Andere.The chips were manky and the fish was very greasey could taste the oil it was cooked in.Yucky.

I have got one of those grippers which are handy,but they were'nt much help picking up tiny pieces of paper.

I went to see my daughter this morning for a hour or so,gave the dog a few pats.I walked to her's carrying a duvet,then walked back carrying a caddy thing for veggies.Think I deserve a lazy afternoon now.

Saw Logan yesterday and gave him his birthday pressies which he loved.So we had a lego morning building. :roflmao:

It is dry here but not over sunny,keeps clouding over.Hope everyone is well.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Sorry about the fish and chips, amazing how often it happens. So pleased Logan liked his pressie, bet he will play a lot with them. OH had a bad night, so we have had a lazy day doing nothing but sit and do cross words and doze off. ( apart from cooking lunch and usual jobs for me of course) Weather been good here, occasional clouding over but nice and warm. Seems we are in for quite a bit of sunny stuff. Lost my birds today, not one in sight. Realised they are all over the hay cutting places so saving their treats for another day. Hope everyone is O>K. and ready to post. Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:21 pm

Greetings, everyone.

Another fairly idle day here, also. Weather forecast was too "iffy" to plan anything so we didn't! In fact, it's only spattered with rain once, although it's horribly muggy still.

Shame about the horrid fish & chips, Maggieh. Bet you won't get them from that place again. I do hate it when you can taste the oil, especially when it's peanut oil and you get repeats all night long. Personally, I believe all fish & chips should be cooked in beef dripping, although I realise the health police will probably arrest me for that and have me taken away for reprogramming! We had superb fish and chips last night at the Half Moon: lovely fresh haddock in wonderful scrunchy, crunchy batter with proper big chips and mushy peas. Almost too much to eat, but we struggled through, somehow! I'd love to go there more often but then it would cease to be a treat and I wouldn't enjoy it so much.

My kneely stool arrived on Friday and I took it out to try it when I did some dead-heading yesterday. Brilliant! That's a problem solved. Now my battery is going flat and this tablet is about to shut down so I have to stop here.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:18 pm

I have two of those gripper/pick-up things which I call a claw on a stick. One is better for larger items and the other is better for smaller - for example, I frequently have to pick up my lip salve or eye drops bottle which roll under chairs!

Trixie has reached the point where the allergy is getting to her, but is about a month later than most years. This week, her second injection is due and how wonderful if she is as accepting and calm as last time! Hope that nurse will do it. The vet is lovely and patient with her, but unfortunately she introduced the towel-on-cat-head as the controlling method. That was when Trixie changed from vet-phobia to towel-phobia. If I am holding a towel at home, she hates it and runs off.
Whereas she used to come to be towelled dry after getting wet - something the foster/refuge accustomed her to. Now I drape my towelling bath-robe on the bed and she will get dry by sleeping on it. So it is constantly laundered.

Just had a lovely long phone call from Charlie who told me all about their trip up North last week and about the holiday club and sporting activities which are many! Daughter will be 50 on Wednesday so he has secrets till then!
Have a good week all :sunglasses: :trink:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:46 am

Viv, can you not request a particular person when you make Trixie's appointment? If that one nurse is so good and calming with her, it must be in the practice interests to have happy clients, both four and two legged! Best wishes and fingers x-ed for you both, anyway.

It looks like there'll be more rain here shortly which will put paid to my gardener trimming the shrubs up the back fence. They grew a phenomenal amount while we were away and my neighbour on the other side of the fence thinks we're growing triffids... Eek!

Not much else happening here at present so I'd better get on with laundry and stuff while it's quiet. Have a nice day, everyone.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Morning all, well, weather looks doubtful but so far fine and warm. I bought a large bag of English Baking spuds last week, I peeled three and found inside a shaped object just as though they were pregnant. I could not believe this so today I picked another and the inside again was black but on the side looked like cream was oozing out. Any ideas. I am a little tired of trying to find decent veg's As I said to OH I can understand why more are turning to ready meals.
Hope Trixie is O>K> now and all done and dusted. Give her a big hug from me. Still no sign of our birds, well happy over the hay fields.
I hope everyone is OK> Lovely and sunny here now.Take care folk and fingers crossed for nice sunny August.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Sounds like your spuds are just plain rotten, Penny. I'd take 'em back for a refund as they're clearly not fit for purpose. Currently, I'm getting locally grown new potatoes from the farm shop. When they're no longer available, I'll revert to Waitrose Maris Pipers or Estima which are usually excellent quality and a suitable size for baking in their skins. Don't ever buy Lidl baking potatoes: I've returned several packs to them for a refund because they've been green/blighted/rotten ...
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:Viv, can you not request a particular person when you make Trixie's appointment? If that one nurse is so good and calming with her, it must be in the practice interests to have happy clients, both four and two legged! Best wishes and fingers x-ed for you both, anyway.

I did request that nurse for tomorrow but the receptionist seemed a little uncertain! Thank you and Penny for the wishes.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello everyone.So nice to be back at the forum.I would have clocked in lastnight,but I was on my tablet,and this site didn't remember me.

I have been out today treating myself to 3 new sweaters ready for the winter. :roll: Yes I know its still summer. :roflmao:

Hope Trixie was good at the vets today,Viv.

Not bad weather here today,its windy but dry.A bit of rain forecast for later though.That will water the gardens.

Have a lovely evening all. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:59 pm

maggieh wrote:Hello everyone.So nice to be back at the forum.I would have clocked in lastnight,but I was on my tablet,and this site didn't remember me.

I have been out today treating myself to 3 new sweaters ready for the winter. :roll: Yes I know its still summer. :roflmao:

Hope Trixie was good at the vets today,Viv.

Not bad weather here today,its windy but dry.A bit of rain forecast for later though.That will water the gardens.

Have a lovely evening all. :mrgreen:

Yes this morning was vet-time, 'we' had the nurse who works magic, and once again, an angelic puss-cat was the same as last time. Great relief. But at the same time, she is not herself. Low appetite and great need of cuddles and reassurance, especially yesterday. She was on my lap for hours, both in the middle of the day and all evening. Maybe the new dose of steroid, while reducing the itch, will have its usual effect of giving her a greater appetite. Today she has mostly slept on a rug since coming home - she spent most of last night on my bed instead of the usual one hour.

Tomorrow my daughter turns 50, which I find hard to believe. I hope to have a normal Thursday and get some shopping in before Friday brings the extreme wet and stormy weather that is forecast. Maggie you bought sweaters, good idea. Recently I was in Primark and saw Lion King sweatshirts on sale and bought one for myself!! I wore it once to choir practice but might not get many opportunities. Charlie phoned me at the weekend and he had just been to see the film which he and daughter enjoyed very much. :bighugs:
Enjoy the evening all.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes