Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:26 pm

So pleased Trixie was a good girl at the vets,Viv.Your lap must have been really cosy yesterday afternoon for Trixie.Bless her.

I noticed yesterday when I hung my new sweaters up,that one of them has a little hole under the arm.Too much hassle to go and change it,so I will patch it up.

It was nice for you to get a phonecall from Charlie,Viv.They grow up so quick.Happy Birthday to your daughter 50 today,mine have a few years to go yet.I am going backwards in age now. :roflmao:

My key for my electric meter died on me,so I get a new one tomorrow morning.I brought a lovely ready cooked dinner yesterday from Home Bargains it was 2.99.And its a turkey/gammon roast dinner.Will have it on Sunday then let you know how it was incase anyone is interested.

Have a nice evening all. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:15 am

Good morning from soggy Lincolnshire. After an all- night deluge, it's now brightening up but I think that's likely to be short-lived. But,at least, it gives LK an opportunity to go and patrol her boundaries and glare at the pigeon on next door's shed roof.

I'm glad Trixie got seen by the nurse she has rapport with. Does she have to have further injections this season, or will that see her through the year? I hope she's OK and back to normal now. LK and her predecessor, Annie, always reacted to any injections/vaccinations by being very sleepy and withdrawn and not eating much for 24 hours or so afterwards. LK seeks solitude rather than a lap. My previous vet told me not all cats react that way but it is quite common and not to be concerned unless it goes on for more than about a day. Come to think of it, I usually feel a bit off after the wretched annual flu vaccine.

Viv, my daughter was 45 in April and told me she's having a mid-life crisis. I thought, how can that be? I'm still having my own mid life crisis! Don't know about you but I'm still 22 inside so how come I've got a middle aged daughter?!

Lovely day yesterday. We decided to make the most of the sunshine and went to visit Hall Farm Gardens, an open garden not far away with a fabulous display of late summer flowers, an absolute riot of colour, bees and butterflies. Stopped for lunch at Hemswell Antiques centre, a massive area (a former USAF base) with 5 huge buildings full of antique furniture, clothing, artworks, jewellery ... You can easily spend a day there but OH suddenly seemed keen to get home when I wandered into the jeellery displays. No idea why that should be ...
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:38 pm

What exactly is this mid-life crisis.???Just so I know what to expect.
Since we all seem to have problems walking etc, has anyone considered one of those electric chairs. I keep seeing an ad. for one and am very tempted. (this is for when I reach mid-life crisis of course. Hoping to go down to the lake/canal after lunch. cheers Penny
Just remembered, chair I liked is called Spring Chicken but there are lots to see on Google.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Not a good day here in Kent weather wise.Was too windy for my trip to go and see Logan.I thought it was dying down but seems like its windier now.

Have just hoovered right through my flat like a goodun. :roflmao: Might turn the washing machine on :roll:

The electric chair you mentioned Penny,do you mean mobility scooters?They are good to get people out and about in.I wouldn't be able to have one,as there is nowhere to put it when I have finished with it for the day.Be a tad heavy lifting that up stairs. :sad:

Hope you are all enjoying your day and the weather is kind to you.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi all, just back from an afternoon by the canal/lake. Lovely and sunny but so windy a large tree got blown down across the canal and boats were having a job getting past.
Sorry you missed some time with Logan. These things happen. Rather fancy one of those skooters, They fold nicely for the car. You must get a portable lift.Son down in Dorset for a long weekend. Good job we still have the beach hut. Must be blowing like mad down there.I hope all are O.K. With this weather anything could go wrong. Come on all, let us know you are safe and well. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Goodafternoon all,

I was sitting on a decking in all the wind yesterday,wasnt cold but just so windy,each time someone stood up theres chair would move.We were at a campsite near home and lots of campers in the pods and we were watching people walking about.
We are having new kitchen doors as cant cope any more with my red gloss kitchen doors and we have ordered from B&Q needless to say they messed the order up so are now waiting for doors to come this week,so annoying as was hoping it would be finished this week.
Its my youngest sons birthday today so we are going for a toby carvery,hes not coming as hes in Abingdon :roflmao: .

When i return i will sit in the summerhouse with my tablet,im playing a good game called sugar pop.

Enjoy your afternoon all.
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello, all. Still quite breezy here after yesterday's winds and will probably rain soon. We considered going to Dewsbury for a vintage bus event but, in the end, couldn't quite be bovvered as the weather forecast was so iffy.

Penny, my Dad had a mobility scooter for the last couple of years of his life and loved the freedom it gave him when he had to stop driving. He suffered from myasthenia gravis and was simply too weak to walk more than a few metres. He lived in a sheltered housing apartment block and the entrance lobby was large enough to accommodate several of the scooters with sockets where they could be plugged in to charge. His was capable of 8mph and had the statutory flashing amber light on the back so he could ride it on the road. You're only permitted up to 4mph on pavements and footpaths. It had a huge basket on the back for shopping or whatever else you wanted to carry and, in short, prevented him from being housebound.
Definitely a good thing for anyone trying to retain some independence and not be stuck at home until there's a lift available, I'd say.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Thanks Andere, they do sound good, Our snag is we are miles from anywhere. Hubby was rather keen himself too. We thought they were battery operated but if they have to be plugged in they wouldn't be of use to us.
Hope everyone is O>K> been rather windy but sunny. Young chappie just turned up for an hour.Thought it was going to be stormy but apart from a heavy shower which lasted at least one minute we have nothing but the wind.

Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Penny, they are battery operated - but you'd need to plug in to charge the battery after every so-many miles/hours of use. Just like your mobile phone, laptop or Smart car!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks Andere, Thought I might be reading it wrong. Will let you know what we decide. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Good afternoon on a wet Monday here in Kent.Was having my lunch at 1.pm,when then was a loud bang overhead,wow did I jump. :dunno: It was a clap of thunder.

I have got a sleepy day on me this afternoon,but must stay awake.I am having Logan tomorrow for a couple of hours,so no nodding off for me then.I am also dog sitting on Friday morning till whenever.

My local co-op is closing for 2 weeks for a refurnish.Thinks I will get a bus to Sandwich and do some shopping over there.Will be a morning out if weather is sunny.

Will be nice if you do get a wheel chair Penny,you can take yourselve for a little ride. :mrgreen:

Have a nice dry afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi maggieh and all, second attempt. Not sure I could face going along the pavement like some old biddy in a chair. Most distances from here would be countrywise and rather lonely with no pavements. Will continue giving it a thought. Sounds as though you have a busy week, enjoy tomorrow with Logan.Pity about the weather. It is O>K> here ans sunny at present. Might pop out for lunch tomorrow. Take care if you do go to Sandwich shopping. I hope everyone else is O>K> ..cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello everyone.Where has the summer gone,I must have blinked and missed it.We have had loads of rain today and I am feeling chilly.Have put a thick cardy on.

Can't believe I was sitting on the beach yesterday building sandcastles and holes.Was embarrassing not being able to get up without help from Logan and daughter in law. :roll: I knew I would have a job getting back up.ha ha.

After the beach we went to have a bite to eat,then got a bus home.But Logan wanted to see what it was like in the co op I shop in.Sharon stayed on the bus when we got off.He was really good in the shop never asked for anything although I did treat him. :roflmao:
When we got home he wanted to know when mummy was coming back,then he had a tummy ache,but he said it was because he wanted mummy back.He was ok after a while.I think it was too much for him leaving her on the bus without him.

Am back to a beach on Saturday if its nice weather,might take a stool to sit on,lol. :roflmao:

Have a lovely evening everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Pleased you had a lovely day with Logan. Know exactly what it is like trying to get up from sitting low. Terrible weather here today, never seen rain like it. Son just phoned and is picking me up at 6pm to go to Cosco. Sent B'day message to g/daughter but seems I am a day early. Son says she has had a week and a half on lectures and is thoroughly enjoying herself. Hope you manage a good day tomorrow, Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Funny old day weather wise,dull,bit of rain,sunshine,bit breezy.

Went to the town this morning for some food shopping,went with Janet.Didnt stay down there long as we both had frozen shopping.

Tomorrow I am dog sitting from 9 till whenever daughter gets home.He will sleep most of the day either upstairs or on the settee with me. :mrgreen:

So a lazy day for me playing on my tablet,watching tv or drawing.

Hope your granddaughter enjoys her birthday today Penny.Pleased she is having a good time in Sydney.Did you enjoy your shopping spree with your son lastnight Penny. :mrgreen:
Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes