Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi Penny and all. Yippee! for your Grandson he has worked hard and now started to reap the benefits-----Congratulations--:) As regards OH and his health we are no better off Penny, the x-ray was the same as the last one, there is something- could be a tumor or even TB, what they plan to do next is up to the hospital says GP, trouble is how long will that be, last time it was months. It is not straight forward due to his mental health + all the medication he takes for that + breathing meds etc. I wish they would give him a brain scan that would help settle my mind a little because I think he may be getting fobbed off?? Gonna take Dolly for a walk, hugs from us both Penny xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi all, just been for an hour by the canal. Had a surprise. Yesterday we saw an old boat? covered with a black cover, today the cover was removed and it looked like a lovely white bungalow. Guess what, it turned out to be a floating cinema. It shows two films a day, each one 2 hours long, all free.Moves along the canal to various places every few days. You can even book your tickets free.. Something I would never have dreamt of.
Do hope OH gets sorted Dita, waiting is always a worry. Take care and enjoy a stroll with Dolly. Give her a big hug from me. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi Penny and all, Wow! a floating cinema that is wonderful, I wonder if they'll visit our river Trent, Ancholme or maybe the Humber :) its a great idea, will have to have a chat with my cousin he could build himself a business. It is rather dull with very little sun but quite a nice change for us with chest problems, even football not too difficult for Dolly and me ---to tackle :) Big hug to you Penny from her ladyship, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Dita, a quickie. At present the cinema is on the Grand Union Canal It ends for this summer on Sept.8th at Great Linford. It has been as far as Sheffield so no idea where it will go next summer.Might be a good idea for your relative to check up on it, at present, Campbell Park, then Stanton Low Park, http://WWW.FLOATINGCINEMAMK.ORG. big hug to Dolly. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:03 pm

A great idea there. After all, there are floating restaurants so a cinema that floats is ideal. Might send me to sleep though!

Yesterday I went to my eye appointment, for a consultation with opthalmologist or so I expected! I came away with the laser surgery completed there and then, and almost instant sight in that eye. I was stunned with surprise and relief, after expecting to go on a waiting list for the Capsulotomy. then have to somehow get transport to and from Stoke Mandeville, an hour's journey away.

She confirmed the vision was nil and, if left, my eye would be much worse. The anaesthetising drops were instantaneous and the recovery was within ten minutes. Then I was walking through town to get a taxi. The cloudiness behind the implanted lens from 2015 cataract surgery had been progressing for a whole year. The disadvantage of being half-sighted was almost certainly the reason for my accident last March.

From yesterday, although careful to look where I am going, I don't have to anxiously slow myself right down as before.
Sometimes the NHS gets it so right, I feel waves of approval for their brilliant work while fed up, like everyone, by how the NHS has been and is being, a dying remnant of itself, in massive debt and unable to struggle back.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:21 pm

I have the same problem vannin. The optician has said I have the same after my cataract op. She said she will book me for the laser treatment and it only takes minutes. having heard of yours I won't be so nervous now. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi Penny and all, very positive news about our NHS is heartening, big change from the usual comments. Thanks so much for the link Penny, I'm gonna send it to quite a lot of folk, especially Tony, its a brilliant idea. We have had only a small amount of rain but what a difference it has made to the gardens, the grass must have grown 6inches overnight-------ok that may be a bit of an exaggeration? Have you ever watched that soap box racing Penny, I think its on 'Dave'. Waiting for you Penny-- says Dolly, she is waiting for a hug and a game of football :) Take care all xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Good afternoon everyone,am now back from my 4 days break.Had a lovely time,only had rain one day which was Thursday all day.We went to the beach to pick raspberries an it was pouring down we got wet,lol.

So much for Logan going to sleep in my bedroom.There were bunk beds for me and him. :roflmao: Son said Logan was too young to go up top.Oh I can't go up there said I. :roll: I said i'd go on the floor on a mattress.No said Sharon,Logan will.Made his bed up on the floor,he got in to bed.Then saying he wanted lights left on.Anyway in the end he said daddy can I come in your bed :roflmao: Thats where he slept everynight. :mrgreen:

We did have a rush on to our second train we had 10 mins to do it in.We were walking through a shopping centre at Stratford,Ive never walked so fast,breathing was letting me down.Took me all day Tuesday to get back to normal. :doh:
I did loads of walking on that break,my feet were killing me.Having a calm easy day today. :roll:

Have a nice afternoon.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 pm

so pleased all finally went well. get plenty of rest for your legs and feet maggieh. Hope Logan enjoyed his holiday too.

Never watched it or even heard of it Dita, what is it exactly. Take care all, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi, all
Welcome back, Maggieh. Glad you enjoyed your little holiday and the weather was mostly kind to you.

Vannin - that sounds like a result! Problem solved and no lengthy waiting about. I'm so pleased for you.

Penny - sounds as if you're going along nicely if the District Nurse isn't coming back for 6 months. Well done. But I do agree with others, you should get that lack of taste business checked out.

Dita - hii to you and Dolly, too . I hope you're still feeling perkier now it's not so hot, despite the worries over OH. These menare a worry. Mine isn't "right" and the longer he puts off making a GP appointment, evades answering questions about his symptoms, the more bothered I get. It doesn't help that I'm a natural worry-guts and he hates it when I fuss (as he describes it). If someone can tell me where to get a more laid back personality, I'd happily order one :dunno: .

As it turned into a really nice day, we decided to go to the Steam & Country show at the county showground. It was excellent - dozens of steam rollers and traction engines, beautiful preserved commercial vehicles and classic cars; a traditional steam fairground, and a really good atmosphere with everyone having fun. I forgot my sun hat so the back of my neck got sun burned again. Damn! It's only just finished peeling after the last time. Why am I such an idiot? Pass the After Sun lotion, would you? Ta!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:20 am

Morning all, not a bad day so far. Hope everyone is ready to enjoy a new week.Andere, if you are still making bread can you suggest a reason why everything - breadwise - I make the crust is always very hard. Using Allisons flour at present. Very annoying plus such a waste. Big hug for Dolly and little ones. Take care all. Hope OH is OK Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi everyone, great to see a few of us on here again, it makes such a difference to some of us who are not as fortunate as some who have their family around, I love reading posts telling your times with Logan Maggieh, I recall it when I was much younger looking after small grandchildren. :roflmao: :grouphug: I can certainly identify with you Andere as regards all the worry it holds, he is either at the GP or Hosp at least twice a week + the letters and phone calls mainly because Boots have got his medication mixed up----its all a nightmare and I suffer from Anxiety which is not surprising--------we could sugar off Andere :thinking: :) Those Steam & Country Shows are really great, do they now-a-days have the barrel organs?? Penny that programme is on Dave FV12 often on a Sat. its called Red Bull Soapbox Race, these guys make their own fancy little soapboxes and run one at a time round a race course which is quite complexed, they usually finish up all crashed up and in bits, its quite amusing. Big Hugs from Dolly and me xx it keeps spitting with rain and someone needs a bit of fun before it gets going. :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby twin1947 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi Everyone,
We also watch the soap box racing Dita,its really good as they go racing along then smash into a haystack or whatever.
Its been a lovely day weatherwise here and sun still shining so will go outside in summer house after dinner with a glass of something.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Must look out for that next Saturday. Can we join you with that glass Twin? cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:42 am

Hi, all. Just having my coffee before I go and get stuck into making a chili to go in the slow cooker and then the teetering pile of ironing.

Penny, I virtually always use Waitrose own brand very strong white and very strong wholemeal bread flour. Over the years it's given me the best and most consistent results. If I can't get it for any reason, the I use Carr's bread flour - usually available in Sa- insburys - or Doves Farm flour. It seems to be only available in the Essex/London areas but flour by Marriages of Chelmsford is alo excellent. I contacted Marriages a while ago and requested a list of stockists and they replied that they can't supply one but their products are in "a number of outlets". Helpful (not)! I only use Allinsons as a last resort if none of the above are available as I find loaves come out quite lumpen, and heavy, especially the wholemeal ones.

I've no idea why you're getting hard crusts. I'm having the opposite problem at present and. My loaves are coming out quite crumbly and disintegrating so i've been putting in extra salt, 6g as opposed to my usual 3g per large loaf. OH suggested that maybe it's because the wheat harvest in UK and Canada has been affected by the dry weather and so the flour millers are sourcing wheat from different places and it's affecting the results. :dunno:

Yes, Dita. No traditional barrel organs at that steam show but several of the big fairground organs built into the back of trucks that play music from a punched card. OH said he also spotted a chap with one of the smaller hand-turned street organs (the sort the Dutch call a draai orgel ) on a little hand drawn trailer. Personally, I can't stand the bliddy noise any of those contraptions make so tend to get a distance between me and them whereas OH will sit and listen for ages to tunes being murdered!
Oh well - back to work now.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes