Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Sound as tho' you are going to be put right at last vannin. Well done.
Nice and sunny here, was lovely early on and OH suggested an hour or so down at the lake. Within minutes it clouded over so we gave up. Sat down and a change again. Bright and sunny. Decided to stay at home so had a nice afternoon with crosswords., hope the drawings went well maggieh, when is the exam?. Haven't heard a dicky-bird lately, with these power cuts we don't hear from anyone. Good job son not too far away. He came and fixed something by google and now I just say the words and up comes music of whoever I love. Mainly Frank Sinatra.. Had him and then Nat King Cole whilst I prepared lunch. Do you remember names of similar singers I can ask for? I do hope everyone is O>K> very quiet on here of late. Take care all and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Has been lovely weather here today.Sun was out and nice and warm.Janet and I have been out on the buses with our passes.First time today a bus inspector got on the bus an checked our bus passes.
My eldest grandson is 20 today so I went to deliver his birthday card and present.Didn't see him as he would of been sleeping as he works through the night.

Gemma Collins left Ice skating well she wasn't as good as the others.But she was fun.

Singers Tom Jones.Long John Baldry,Peter and Gordon to get on with Penny.

Have a nice evening.Im off to rest in bed soon with my tablet to play on. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Thanks maggieh, had dark hair and I think little moustache. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 pm

Penny: try Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Freddie Cole (brother of Nat and, imo, much better) or some brilliant women - Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee, Lena Horne, Sarah Vaughan....

Viv - I read somewhere that avocado sanitary ware is coming back into vogue, also. I shan't be indulging in a new suite!! My favourite of all those 80s/80s colours was Primrose; it looked so fresh and bright at the time a!though I've never had a primrose bathroom. A few years ago, we stayed in a slightly down at heel hotel; let's say in need of a thorough refurb - and the primrose bathroom suite looked very tired indeed :sad: Worst ever, though, was the B&B in darkest Norfolk where the water was even harder than it was where we lived in S Essex. All the bathroom fittings were a sort of strange chocolatey brown - not something I'd ever have chosen in a soft water area, never mind Norfolk. There was a trail and a coating of solid timescale covering everything and you can't believe how vile it looked! That was a weird place, run by a single 70-something woman who we christened Hell's Granny because she said it only took her 15 minutes to drive home from town, wherever that was, I can't remember now. The thing is, we'd made that journey to get there and OH isn't notorious for hanging about but it took us 45 minutes on these narrow, twisty lanes! That was also the place where we were presented with a box of cornflakes (which I loathe), a sliced white loaf and a toaster and were told brekky was a DIY affair. Well, it was cheap!

Our Sparks is coming on Saturday to do some odd electrical jobs. He's a friend so the day starts with bacon butties, coffee and gossip but then he gets to work and, like Bob's chap, always leaves things immaculately tidy. Oops. My battery has gone flat ...time to charge this tablet. Night Night all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:20 pm

Thanks all, vannin found the man , Freddy Mercury. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 am

Good morning all,
Another beautiful sunny day with clear blue skies,shame is chilly though.
Going to tidy the garden up while its nice out there,plus put washing on the line for fresh air.
Hope you all enjoy the same weather as i have today.
twin1947

Postby vannin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:46 pm

No central heating today. Plumber neighbour due this evening. Boiler is 13 years old and I have been half-expecting it not to survive this winter. Breakfast time, heating and water had come on then there was a terrific banging and hammering as though the loft was caving in. I traced the noise to the airing cupboard where the pump is, and turned the switches off at timer. Trixie was having another breakdown, having recovered from the electrician's visit. If the racket had started earlier, woken me from sleep, I'm sure I would be in Cardiac A & E.
Rang the man who said turn them back on after half an hour. Well, the whole lot has played dead since then even though red neons say 'ON''. The front dial of the boiler has red light light flashing and fault F05 - which the manual say means Overheated'. If it is just the pump, then I have a spare one here (gift from another neighbour)
If it is the whole boiler, then I have a problem!
Very cold but I have a small gas heater installation (still working) and a large heavy electric heater. Neither of them can be moved upstairs so it would be great if it is fixed this evening. I told him 'I am a 1940s person. We never had central heating'.
That was bravado, because it is so many years since the 40s, old bones etc, we get used to creature comforts.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Oh! Vannin I so feel for you, Take Care---------Everyone Dolly & me xxxxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Poor Viv! It's one thing after another for you, isn't it? I hope the CH engineer was able to work magic yesterday evening and get you up and running again. But, if not, at least today is reasonably warm and bright so you shouldn't need to be sitting with your coat on, at least until after sundown. If it's a new boiler that's needed, for heaven's sake don't go to British Gas! I have it on good authority that they are able to offer all those special deals, discounts and shopping vouchers because they're seriously overcharging in the first place....

Hi to everyone else and I hope you're all enjoying the very spring-like sunshine. We have a lot more snowdrops out in the garden, although the crocuses got just about beaten to death by the weekend winds and rain. Poor little things, such a shame. I put washing out on the line this morning; must go and rescue it soon and see how much it's dried.

I'm trying to ignore a toothache at the moment, hoping if I take no notice it might go away??? Trouble is, I loathe and detest dentists thanks to the treatment inflicted on me as a teenager so I have to be half insane with the pain before I'll go!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Afternoon all, nice and sunny here too so just been sitting down by the lake watching all the birds. OH hurt his elbow so been sitting with a hot water bottle for a few days, Made some marmalade this morning along with fresh bread. I sympathise with you re Dentist Andere although my fear is white coat syndrome...OH is sitting here and snoring his head off. I do hope vannin gets some good news for a change. Everything seems to happen at once when one gets older. Hope Dita and all are keeping well. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:22 pm

The CH breakdown has been fixed now and with a new pump, replacement boiler not YET required. But it may not be long. My lovely neighbour/plumber charges peanuts because he says neighbours are important to him. To me too!

A nice warm house and prospect of a leisurely bath!
vannin

Postby maggieh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Good afternoon.What lovely weather we have today,nice and bright although chilly.Windows open for a couple of hours.
After this Im going to play with the duvet cover and change my bed.I put the old boy off this week,just getting over a cough so didn't want his ciggy fumes around me.

I am so tired of bending down to the mat to pick my Valentine cards up and taking bunches of flowers off of interflora. :roflmao: :roflmao:

No drawing test yesterday as our teacher was away for the day,we had someone telling us what to do though.I drew a vase with tulips in it.

Janet and I are going to the Range shop tomorrow,must not be tempted to spend lots though.I like looking round the shop though.

Have a lovely afternoon/evening see you soon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Afternoon all, same here maggieh, lovely and sunny but rather cold.Had a giggle at note from Sainsbury's, I ordered some Sainsbury's mushy peas and got note saying only had Sainsbury's fish @ chips mushy peas. What is the difference, I hope everyone is getting on OK, sorry pooh about the delaying tactics. Never mind will all be worth the wait when done. Hope all ends well for vannin too. Take care all, big hug for dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi everyone, Happy Valentine Day to all, I do keep popping in from time to time because I do wonder how you all are, at the moment I am trying to keep positive but its difficult, besides my own health problems, and being a long time carer for my OH it is becoming evident that besides all his other health disabilities he is having severe symptom's of Narcolepsy. This is not good news. Big hugs from Dolly and me, take care of yourselves. xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:38 pm

I completely forgot it was Valentines Day (load of commercial nonsense!) until I went to the corner shop and wondered why they had about 4 times as many flowers for sale as they usually do.

Another lovely spring-like day and another line full of washing dried, ironed and dealt with. It's unprecedented ; don't think I've ever hung stuff out before late March in previous years. We're off to Brightwater Gardens tomorrow to see the snowdrops - 120,000 of them, apparently. Makes my little clumps seem a bit inadequate :-)

Dita, I'm sorry about your OH. The narcolepsy must be a real worry - presumably, he's not allowed to drive and that's going to be a big problem, out in the sticks as you are? Troubles never come singly, it seems. Hugs to you and Dolly Dog.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes