A Slippery Slope, Perhaps?

Except Personal Attacks

A Slippery Slope, Perhaps?

Postby laurie53 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Today for the first time I felt old.

I simply felt I couldn't be bothered to get up.

Don't get me wrong, like many I do sometimes have days where I am simply not up to it, yesterday was just such a day, but today I simply didn't feel like it.

I didn't succumb, as witness the fact that I am washed and dressed and the bed has been changed, but it was a nasty pointer.
laurie53

Re: A Slippery Slope, Perhaps?

Postby Penny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:15 pm

I am sure many of us know exactly what you are going through. You are not getting old, just getting on a bit. Just keep going whilst you can and enjoy rest days in-between. You are not alone Laurie. Chin up. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Penny is right Laurie, you are definitely not alone.
dita

Postby laurie53 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks. I fully realise that I am not alone, and that there are others much worse off.

It's just the shock of realising,for the first time in 80 years, that I'm not really bothered about any adventures that may come my way today.
laurie53

Postby lavonne » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:01 pm

I know just how you feel Laurie,Ive felt the same these past few days,is it worth it I ask. No energy to do anything.Same age as you, & I have several health conditions, A Dr from 'Care in the Community ' visited the other day, said my own [ named ]GP had asked her to call, see how I was getting on.She asked what help I have [ none],how did I do shopping/cooking,Had I thought where Id like to be cared for when I can no longer do so myself,did I want to stay Home or go to Hospital,Did I want to be ressucitated,Had I made my son Power of Attorney ????.Makes me wondwe whats going to happen ,who will care for me when I can no longer do ,& wondering if she knows something I dont. Cheered me up no end :thinking:
lavonne

Postby Maywalk » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:14 am

I have been on that slippery slope for some years now Laurie so cheer up, you still have a while to go to get level with me. :lol:
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes