Do You Like Baileys?

Except Personal Attacks

Do You Like Baileys?

Postby laurie53 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:01 am

I have just come across the following among my wife's papers.

"Baileys

One tin full cream condensed milk

1/4 pint single cream

1 tablespoon instant coffee

The condensed milk tin half full of whisky

3 eggs well beaten

Liquidise

ENJOY!

June (Laurie's wife)"

I assume it was published in a local recipe book.

It was very popular and I know it is good because a friend made it before meeting her daughters new fiance's parents for the first time. They had travelled all the way from the UK to Malta for the meeting.

Having made it she had to try it, of course, with the result that when she answered the door and saw two strangers in the middle of the afternoon she said, "What do you want?"!

If you make it please raise a glass.
laurie53

Re: Do You Like Baileys?

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:34 pm

Strange Laurie, I used to make Bailey's many years ago and also Saki. Thanks for the reminder. Just had fun looking at all the recipes on the Recipe site. many of which I put on. Don't cook half as much these days.Reminded me I also used to make Irish brandy. ope you are keeping your pecker up. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Do You Like Baileys?

Postby Maywalk » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:54 am

I used to love a glass of Baileys but when I started on a lot of different medication I thought it wiser to stop buying it mainly because one night I had a glass after my meal and I suddenly started to feel queer.
I cant remember anymore but I came to with the paramedics round me.
Whether it was the whiskey in the drink that did not agree with my meds or my heart having a spasm I never found out but I never drank it again after that. It was just before I had my pacemaker.
To be honest I if I go out anywhere to celebrate anything I have a small shandy and I rarely finish that of.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes