Do you get bothered

Except Personal Attacks

Do you get bothered

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Every day without fail we have a call from abroad, starting. Good morning I am. ???????????? Calling for BT. We say, not interested , please don't call again. Sure enough, we get another call next day. This has been going on for ages. Does anyone else have this bother.? Cheers Penny :tantrum2:
Penny

Re: Do you get bothered

Postby lavonne » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Yes I quite often get these calls,they vary,often ,as you say,calling from Bt ,another time something is wrong with my computer,or Ive been involved in an accident. What I do is lay the phone down with them connected but not listening, then pick it up a bit later ,surprise, surprise theyve hung up. Must say I dont seem to get so many of these calls just lately
lavonne

Postby laurie53 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:22 pm

As I think I've posted before, I haven't had an unwanted call since 2010.

Only 39 numbers in the whole world, and that includes all mobiles, can ring my phone.

You need a decent call blocker.
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:52 pm

I just tell him/her to SOD OFF and slam the phone down.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:34 pm

Exactly how do you fix a phone blocker?? We have been Ex directory for over 40 years. But over the last year calls keep getting through. Tried all things like that Maisie but still get them. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm

We keep getting them too despite being on that list which are supposed to stop the damn calls. We tell them to sod off too.
dita

Postby laurie53 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:52 am

Penny wrote:Exactly how do you fix a phone blocker?? We have been Ex directory for over 40 years. But over the last year calls keep getting through. Tried all things like that Maisie but still get them. Cheers Penny

I use a device called TrueCall.

https://www.truecall.co.uk/

Pricey (£100 or so) but absolutely foolproof, and doesn't interfere with community alarms.

It's a simple plug in device and you can select various options.

Basically callers are asked to either enter a single digit "Friends and Family" number which puts them straight through, or if they are on your "Star" list they get straight through, or they are asked to leave a message.

Persistent nuisance callers nuisance callers can be placed on your "Zap" list and the phone doesn't even ring, nor does it for "Number Witheld". You do need "Caller Identity".

Like I said, I bought mine in 2010 and I've not had one unwanted phone call since. Perhaps more importantly (for some call blockers are too efficient!) I have never lost a "wanted" call.

Those of us of a "certain age" could dropping pre-Christmas hints to the family!

Edit

I should add, of course, that, needless to say, it deals with all scammers.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks very much Laurie. OH is checking it out now. Hope you are feeling o.k. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:53 pm

I don't get unwanted calls thank goodness,get a odd wrong number now and again. :roll:
maggieh

Postby laurie53 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:34 pm

Penny

Amazon normally have a competitive price.

Thanks for the interest, doing very well at the moment.
laurie53

Postby vannin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:16 pm

I used to have a block on 'number witheld' calls, as a great number of these scammers don't have any number showing on the display. Problem was, very important NHS calls were also being blocked because hospitals, GP surgeries etc usually have a system witholding their numbers.

So I had it unblocked again. Then recently I was given the facility of using a 'last caller barred' by dialling 14258 after receiving an unwelcome one. Again the problem is, these scams where the caller says they are BT, Microsoft or TalkTalk don't have a number to block.
vannin

Return to Anything Goes