Drs

Except Personal Attacks

Drs

Postby lavonne » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 pm

What is your Drs like ? My Drs have two surgeries and you can usually get an appointment at short notice,but apart from the main practice Dr and his wife none of the Drs stay long,and the older ones have left, so you cant build a relationship with any if you have a long term condition.My own named Dr is the main Drs wife,she is very good but is only there three mornings a week and is very popular,its hard to get an appointment with her.My sons friend' has been told his Dr is closing and he must find a new one, but the only Drs he has bee given to choose from are quite a distance from him, requiring 1/2 buses,he has a lot of health problems and has tunnel vision
lavonne

Re: Drs

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:13 am

We are registered at a large practice about 10 mins walk away. It's about to get even closer because they're currently building a new surgery about 200m nearer to us!
I don't have too many dealings with doctors but I've seen several of the practice nurses since we moved here and OH sees one of the doctors from time to time. There's generally no trouble getting a same day appointment and, overall, we're quite happy with the service provided.
There have been several cases of surgeries closing in this county in recent months and the patients having to make difficult journeys to another practice. I dunno what the answer is: do you put people to that inconvenience (not ideal when you're unwell) or let inadequate practices struggle on, providing second or third rate services and possibly endangering people?
Andere Richtingen

Postby Maywalk » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Ours was one of the best surgeries round here BUT just of late the doctors dont seem to stay long. Last time I finished up in hospital in April of this year I was having a job trying to breathe.My son phoned the surgery and asked if a doctor could get round to check me over. The receptionist said that they had in between medics now who are training to become paramedics and would it be ok if they came round to sound me out.
This they did and were not happy with the results so they in turn called out the paramedics.
The paramedics came and I had 5 folk in sounding my chest and Gawd alone knows what else.
After all that I finished up in hospital for a fortnight because I had a chest infection that had really grabbed my lungs.

All that palaver. I am not surprised the NHS is under threat. :roll: :roll:
Maywalk

Postby vannin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:34 pm

It must be obvious from my recent thread that my opinion of the year's GP experience has sunk to an all-time low. For a start, their wasting a year looking for a heart-related answer instead of reaching a serious LUNG diagnosis.....unbelievable! On that thread, maybe the fact I put the word Cardiology in the title is misleading, just as I have been misled by three doctors at my GP Practice.

Get an appointment at short notice??? :scare: I must be 'avin a laff :lol: Three weeks is the average wait and the alternative is 'Either ring us between 8 and 8.30 tomorrow or come down in person at that time in case the duty doctor can see you'. Well, many a time I have hung on the phone for half an hour while it is engaged. Then am either cut off or told sorry too late. Crawl through their door at 8.30 gasping for breath then wait a couple of hours for the duty doctor, so breathing has normalised and he thinks it is nothing much. I have half an hour bus ride and have Macular Degeneration.

Three of the six doctors are foreign and often can't be bothered to listen properly. The one we had for many years as our own doctor was great, but he now works most of his time at the walk-in clinic for minor accidents and illnesses. However he spends Friday mornings doing Asthma Clinic at our place, so I am planning to get apptmts there, on the grounds that while it may not be Asthma, it is Multiple Pulmonary Embolisms. If a receptionist questions it, THEN that will be the time I unleash my very justified list of complaints.
vannin

Return to Anything Goes