My mind boggles.

Except Personal Attacks

My mind boggles.

Postby Maywalk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Perhaps I am an old stick in the mud but my flabber was ghasted today when my granddaughter came with my great grandson who was adorned with a bracelet round his ankle. I had to open my mouth to ask what the heck it was and was told it was an amber anklet to help him with his teething. :doh:
I am STILL trying to work out how folks have procreated for thousands of years having babies that got through their teething without help from amber anklets or necklaces, which in my opinion could be a choking hazard, as I have found out since scanning the net.
Talk about another con that todays society is falling for ???????????????
To be honest I never thought my granddaughter would be talked into anything like that and I just cant get my brain round it.
If I wore one would I get teeth to replace the b-----s that I have lost??????????????

Anyone else know of this miracle pain relief ????????? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Maywalk

Re: My mind boggles.

Postby dita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:48 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Oh! Maisie that's one of the funniest things I've heard for a long long while, make sure I am kept informed because I could do with some help with the teeth re-placement bit. I do agree with what you have said, never heard of it before :dunno: :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby Maywalk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Its pathetic really Rita to think that SO many young mothers are being brainwashed into thinking that this will help.

I kept my mouth shut and let my granddaughter get on with it.
Something tells me she is going to be in for a big disappointment. :doh:
Maywalk

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Who says it won't help? OK, I don't suppose he'll get a full set of teeth without some stress and discomfort but who's to say the amber can't alleviate at least a little of the pain? It certainly won't do any harm.
Stones and crystals have been used for centuries to promote healing, reduce stress and pain. I know that amber isn't actually a stone but a fossilized resin but its warm presence on the body seems to work in much the same way as some of the crystals. No, it won't help anybody grow new teeth but if it helps a tiny child and his fraught mom through the ongoing stress of teething - why not?

PS. When my OH first felt the side effects of statins which, along with his circulatory problems and arthritic knees, almost immobilized him, I gave him a piece of chalcedony quartz which he wears on the keychain on his belt. Its reputation is for helping to heal circulation disorders and bone problems and relieving depression (he was very depressed). I'm not saying it works but it fascinates me that his mobility problems and pains are always worse in the mornings before he's dressed and with his keychain on his belt. Weird or not, I won't knock it.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Maywalk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:30 pm

To each his own Andere.
Everyone to their own beliefs.
Personally I dont believe in healing crystals and as I said in all my years on this earth I had never heard of Amber helping with teething.
It would be interesting to know how many who visit this forum, who have had children over the years, has used this form of pain relief for their offspring when they were babies or even heard of it.!!!!!

If that is what my granddaughter has faith in then so be it.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes