Honeymoon

Except Personal Attacks

Honeymoon

Postby lavonne » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Where did you go for your Honeymoon? My husband and I were offered use of a friend of a friends caravan free for a week, we arrived in a very tiny village to find the caravan in the middle of a very muddy field, we werent expected ,there was no lighting or heating , or food and the only shop was closed untill 9am next morning,it was end of March and felt damp and cold, so Hubbie decided we should return home. It was very late when we got to my parents home, where we were going to live,my parents were in bed, the house in darkness, we had to knock my parents up, then we had to make up our bed settee before we could retire.However we had over 40 happy years together before hubby died
lavonne

Re: Honeymoon

Postby Penny » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:03 pm

We had ours in Dorset. Policeman hubby new mentioned his holidays in Dorset and gave us details, so hubby booked. Following on we bought a caravan and spent many years in the same place. Family followed suit and still go there. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:37 pm

A week at a B&B in Edgbaston, Birmingham. It was comfortable and friendly and Birmingham was a great place for getting out and about on public transport (no car in those days!) to discover the west midlands which was an area neither of us knew at all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:13 pm

The Villa Guest House in St Helier, Jersey. Beautiful island, unseasonal rain and they kept telling us the previous week had a heatwave! We spent a week and even ran out of petrol one day in the middle of the island!

We went back forty years later and it was still raining.
vannin

Postby caroljoyce » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:09 am

Tony & I were very hard up & couldn't afford a honeymoon.
We did have a week off work after the wedding but the only big outing we had in that time was a day trip to Skegness.

I do think poor beginnings makes you appreciate what you've got later in life.
caroljoyce

Postby Penny » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:53 am

Spot on Carol. Could not agree more. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:13 pm

Seabrook, near Folkestone.

Halfway through we had to go back to my wife's home , in Ramsgate (I had a motorbike) to borrow eleven quid from her dad to pay for it.

We were given strict instructions not to tell her mother!

The good old days!
laurie53

Postby Canuckian » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:58 am

Bit out of place here but we went to Nassau in the Bahamas which was in '66, loved it but have never managed to get back. I still remember the most delicious curried shrimp I've ever had.
Canuckian

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:29 pm

I didn't have a honeymoon as such.I got married in Ramsgate.Then next day we went to Wales with his father and lived with him for a while. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby laurie53 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm

maggieh wrote:I didn't have a honeymoon as such.I got married in Ramsgate.Then next day we went to Wales with his father and lived with him for a while. :mrgreen:

We got married in Ramsgate too, St Laurence, the after our honeymoon in Seabrook we went to Wales to stay with my father for a week!
laurie53

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Very odd, is there some secret connection here. Only joking. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby mo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:22 pm

I was 18 when we got married in a Register office in Willesden London and the next day we moved up to Northampton and stayed with Bill's parents where we would be living until we got a house.
It was a fortnight later that we spent our honeymoon so to speak in a village in Wiltshire with Bill's grandparents in a little old thatched cottage next to the church.
Outside toilet up the top of the garden and we had to walk through his grandparents bedroom to get to ours so no playing games for us while we were there :rolleye11:

At night the black beetles use to come out because it was such an old cottage and once when I wanted the toilet at night I sat up and saw these beetles all on the bed. I almost screamed but had to put up with it case I woke the grandparents. Bill seemed to accept it and didn't let it bother him. It made me wonder if this happened in country places being as I was a Londoner and hadn't seen so many of them.
mo

Postby maggieh » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:40 pm

laurie53 wrote:
maggieh wrote:I didn't have a honeymoon as such.I got married in Ramsgate.Then next day we went to Wales with his father and lived with him for a while. :mrgreen:

We got married in Ramsgate too, St Laurence, the after our honeymoon in Seabrook we went to Wales to stay with my father for a week!

I also got married in St.Laurence Church in 1970.Was you before that or after?I went to Ebbw Vale to live for a few months.

I
maggieh

Postby laurie53 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:13 pm

61 for us, and a week in Cardiff.

In a reversal of the normal we came back off honeymoon and went to live in Newquay in Cornwall!
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes