Life Better or Worse ?

Except Personal Attacks

Life Better or Worse ?

Postby lavonne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Has life got better or worse for you over the years ? I am more financially better off and secure, have a nice home and good friends, a son who still lives with me, but over the years have lost parents, siblings,husband and elder son plus 2 nephews and a niece
lavonne

Re: Life Better or Worse ?

Postby laurie53 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Better when I got married and worse when I got widowed, with a lot of other things in between.

We all have our ups and downs.
laurie53

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Very true, Penny
Penny

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:21 am

Exactly the same as you Lavonne. Better in some ways but not in others - healthwise etc...
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:48 pm

I would NOT have my life any other way.
Yes we scraped the bottom of the barrel when I was a child after losing two homes during the London Blitz and then the aftermath of becoming an evacuees.
It gave me good grounding for my marriage when I only had hubby's wage coming in to keep hubby, myself and my baby plus three more children who were just left with us. This was way back in 1951.
No family allowance then for me because I only had the one child and when family allowances did start you could not claim for the first child. I never got it for the three we fostered either. Long story but at least the children never finished up in a home.
We scraped through and money was more than scarce.
I make up for it now and if I fancy anything I will send for it. My funeral is paid for so I intend having what i want if I can afford it while I am still here to enjoy it.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes