Overspending..

Except Personal Attacks

Overspending..

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:49 am

Sometimes I get a shock - especially when my credit card bill comes. I vow I'm not going to spend so much in future but I see something I like and I'm off again.

I justify my spending by telling myself it's better than spending the money on smoking. A packet of 20 a day would cost in the region of £70 a week. so since I gave up that's my smoking money that I'm spending.

Well - it's true!

Is anybody on here guilty of overspending?
caroljoyce

Re: Overspending..

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Wish I could make myself overspend Carol. I very often see something and plan to have it. The spend ages telling myself I don.t need it. Idiot I know. Perhaps one day. You enjoy what you you or obtain. We only live once. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Well I am the same as you Penny, and that's it.
dita

Postby Monika » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:24 pm

I buy what I want, when I want. I don't have a credit card, only a debit card. I keep one account solely for debit transactions with a limit of a few hundred which I cannot go over - so I never overspend.

BTW Carole ............. I stopped smoking when cigarettes were £3.60 for 20. I rounded that down to £3.50 when I stopped and saved it religiously every week and still do; it works out at £21 one week and £28 the next and, over the years, I've saved a small fortune. I call it my household fund which buys anything for our home and it has brought quite a few treats for the grandchildren and the rest of the family, such as trips out and meals out. The thing is you don't miss it and you don't feel guilty about spending something which used to just go up in smoke.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby lavonne » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Im the same as you Penny,decide to get something then think about it and tell myself I dont need it
lavonne

Postby Maywalk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:29 pm

If you DONT spend it someone else will. Enjoy life while you are here.
I only wish I could get out more but limited now with being in a wheelchair.

I used to smoke too but finished well over 28 years ago.
Maywalk

Postby maggieh » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:38 pm

If I want something like a TV or washing machine etc I have to save my money first.No credit cards for me.I need a new tv in my living room so saving for that at the moment. :sad:
maggieh

Postby Maywalk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:07 pm

I only spend what money I have Maggie. Never overspent in my life. What I did not have I went without.
Maywalk

Postby mo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:28 pm

I buy what I like and often buy things and never use them but I am very careful with food. I don't waste food at all.
mo

Postby Maywalk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:11 am

I have got to the stage now Maureen where I am giving things away. My carved wooden animals have all been put on a list with the persons name who has picked it in remembrance for when I kick the bucket.
At least I know that they will be looked after rather than be put in a charity shop because all my animals have a story to go with them. I am not being morbid I just like to leave things tidy. :mrgreen:

Yes I too have bought things that I have NEVER used. In fact I came across four lovely cushion covers last week that I forgot about but I wont bother using them now. The lady who takes me out can have them for her car boot sales.
As for food I have to confess that I do throw quite a bit out now. Mainly because prepacked ham or such like to make a sandwich with has too much in the pack for me.My lovely d-i-l picks up some freshly cut ham or beef for me when she calls in the shop but with beng at work that is only at the weekend but I have noticed that my tummy seems to be rejecting that just of late and I am not eating all that much now. I think I am getting old. :lol:
Maywalk

Postby maggieh » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:03 pm

I tend to throw a lot of food stuff out now,wasteful I know.I buy mushrooms but they tend to go off before I get to use them.
I have started to buy frozen veg now instead of fresh,I either cook in the slow cooker or buy ready made meals.Might make a casserole in the oven when I feel like one. :roflmao:
maggieh

Return to Anything Goes