Never Ceases to Amaze Me ........

Except Personal Attacks

Never Ceases to Amaze Me ........

Postby laurie53 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 am

....... what a difference it makes, and how well I feel, after a decent night's sleep.

Going back to bed and sleeping in after a night visit is nothing like the same as six or seven hours unbroken sleep.
laurie53

Re: Never Ceases to Amaze Me ........

Postby dita » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 am

I agree Laurie53 just wish I could manage a 6hr sleep, have almost forgotten what its like, its a couple of hours then a time trying to get to sleep---another couple of hours etc. :) could be worse :)
dita

Postby lavonne » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:05 pm

I agree Dita, I have the same problem as you,a short sleep [if Im lucky] awake, a short sleep ,awake , in fact these past few weeks Im not getting even that, as soon as I lay down Im finding it hard to breathe and have to sit up again, symptoms which lasts all night. tests can find no reason and Im told just to prop myself up with pillows. Hopeless and Fed up
lavonne

Postby Poohdog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:21 pm

I don't get to bed much...have to sleep nearly upright and I always slip down the pillows....great till I wake and sit up,then the gasping for breath starts and I have to go on my nebuliser.
This chair I'm in now is a comfy swivel computer chair with a high back and I surround myself with pillows put my legs up on a beanbag pouffe...with a warm dressing gown I can crash out for hours and get a deep sleep in a sitting position.
I have three reclining armchairs but none give me a good nights sleep like this chair I'm in.....Works for me.
Poohdog

Postby laurie53 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:16 pm

ave to sleep nearly upright and I always slip down the pillows..

Try an orthopaedic bed.

My wife slept upright for fifteen years. Having got the back at the right angle you can raise the feet just an inch or so so that your bottom is in a slight hollow (not enough to "bend" you) and you are held firmly.
laurie53

Postby mo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Well since I have had Sciatica the doctor prescribed me with Amitriptyline. 2 tabs each night. These and Co codimil give me a wonderful nights sleep and I haven't been sleeping well for years. I am going to ask if I can have them regularly to help me sleep. And I still have an afternoon nap.
mo

Return to Anything Goes