Can you help?

Except Personal Attacks

Can you help?

Postby Maywalk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Do any other members here ever have to call on others apart from their familes to take them anywhere such as shopping, hospital or an hour out to get some fresh air.
As you know I have now finished up in a wheelchair but I have a lovely person who is advertised as The Shopping Lady. She has passed he First Aid course plus other various tests to be a person to be trusted with not only elderly but with anyone who needs help.
She charges £10 an hour which in my opinion is NOT being overcharged. If one was to use other organisations its a lot dearer than that.
She has applied to Social sevices to be accepted as part of the system but still keeping to what she charges and what she does.
She has been turned down because she is known as The Shopping Lady. I said perhaps she would stand a better chance if she called herself something else.
I just wondered if anyone could come up with some ideas for a new title to cover all she is willing to do but bear in mind she does NOT want to be regarded as a carer or cleaner because she is not interested in that sort of occupation.
She just wants to get those who spend a lot of time on their own out to help give them a change of scenery and a bit of company or taken to appointments. She has a car that can take a wheelchair and is low down for any disabled person to get into. Her daughter is also interested in joining her Mum once things get going.
Just thought I would pick the brains of those who call in here to see if someone could come up with a different title.
Maywalk

Re: Can you help?

Postby laurie53 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Why doesn't she join the RVS (WVS as was)?

They provide a local driver when I have to go to hospital, and would take me shopping if I needed it.

The Red Cross provide a similar service and if she is a trained first aider they would welcome her.
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 pm

She wants to work for herself Laurie. Would she have to be employed by those you mentioned.??????????
Worth looking into. Thanks for the suggestion.
Maywalk

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:38 pm

How about. ( There and back . Private hire. ,) Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 am

How about 'Wheels in motion'
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks Carol
I am making a note of them to pass on to her.
It was just an idea to see if it would help in anyway.
Thanks again.
Maywalk

Postby laurie53 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 am

If she's doing it for herself, for profit, she could run into insurance (public liability as well as car insurance) difficulties and LA licensing regulations. Depending on the area she might also require CRB clearance.

It's not that easy or we'd all be doing it!
laurie53

Postby Maywalk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 am

She has all that Laurie. She has been doing it for some time now.
As I said its just her trading name that needs to be changed.
Maywalk

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Wheel Do It?

Transports of Delight?

Get Up & Go?
Andere Richtingen

Return to Anything Goes