Wonderful Place.

Except Personal Attacks

Wonderful Place.

Postby Maywalk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:31 pm

It would have been, if hubby was still alive, our 68th wedding anniversary yesterday ( Sunday 17th ) so on Saturday my family took me to the open day at the Childrens Hospice that I have supported for quite a number of years.
To see what the Hospice has done with monies collected over the years to help these youngsters is absolutely breathtaking.
I am more than pleased to think that any money from the books that I have written to have all proceeds passed on to this wonderful place, after printing costs taken out, has been SO well spent.
I have to admit to shedding a few tears when I got home to see all that had been achieved over the years and even the children are living a bit longer. As you go through the video it shows an unbreakable glass wall that has bricks donated for many things and hubby and I donated one for our 60th Wedding Anniversary so it was one way of remembering him at that special time.

https://www.rainbows.co.uk/tour/
Maywalk

Re: Wonderful Place.

Postby mo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Sad but lovely memories for you Maisie.
mo

Postby caroljoyce » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 pm

You and your hubby couldn't have chosen a better place to support Maisie.
I remember you posting a picture of your special glass brick up on one of the forums.

It's a wonderful place as you say.x
caroljoyce

Postby Maywalk » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:50 am

Thanks Mo and Carol. It certainly put my aches and pains into perspective. These poor souls dont have long on this earth and they are someone's child. Its fantastic to see and FEEL the love surrounding these youngsters.
Maywalk

Return to Anything Goes