Poo

Except Personal Attacks

Poo

Postby Monika » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:55 am

Went to TESCO yesterday and, when we were about to get into the car to go home , there came an alarm call from the back of the building and a huge flock of seagulls flew over the car park.
They left behind a huge area of sloppy brown droppings, covering the ground, the cars and some people - including me.

UGH ................. utterly horrible!

(Should I be buying a lottery ticket do you think?)
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Re: Poo

Postby laurie53 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:24 pm

They are such a nuisance here, babies have had their faces scratched, that it is an offence to feed them along the front.

The population expands to meet the food available, so if we weren't such a dirty and untidy nation they wouldn't be pooing on us!
laurie53

Postby Monika » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:14 pm

The council ought to make it illegal here too, Laurie.

They seem to be moving more inland in recent years, and we didn't get so many in my younger days. They seem to hang around food producing units on industrial estates here.

When I was young, we used to picnic by the River Trent on the embankment close to Trent Bridge; there were hardly any large birds except for the swans. In recent years the embankment is full of dirty fouling Canada Geese and Seagulls and you would have trouble to find a decent piece of grass to sit on and, heavens knows you cannot eat anything within half a mile of snatching seagulls.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Poohdog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:31 pm

Monika wrote:

They seem to be moving more inland in recent years, and we didn't get so many in my younger days.

You may be surprised to know Monika that in the fifties on the sewage farm at Gunthorpe near Nottingham (Now built on) there were over a thousand pairs of gulls nested every year.It's true what you say about Canada Geese though...dirty buggers....in those days the only colony I can remember were at Kingston on Soar.
Poohdog

Return to Anything Goes