Where Do You Buy Your Chicken?

Except Personal Attacks

Where Do You Buy Your Chicken?

Postby laurie53 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:09 am

Hope I'm not treading on Penny's toes here, but has the latest food scandal given you pause for thought?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41462549

I'd got into the habit of picking up the odd pack from M&S but I'm not sure now.

I'm lucky enough to have three artisan butchers and two farm shops selling their own meat within ten miles, so I don't buy much supermarket meat, just, as I say, the odd pack in M&S while I'm shopping for something else, but I think I'll stick to Morrisons in future,

I know that they slaughter and butcher nearly all their own fresh meat and are not dependent on outside suppliers (a beast antes Morrisons premises alive, and doesn't leave them again until you take it home) .

I moved to them at the rime of the horsemeat scandal when they were one of the few supermarkets. if not the only one, to be able to declare their fresh products free of it, but I was tempted away.
laurie53

Re: Where Do You Buy Your Chicken?

Postby caroljoyce » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:10 am

This is scary laurie.
I don't buy frozen chicken a lot but when I do it's usually from Tesco.

I seem to remember a big scandal many years ago - it might have been in the 70's where a big supermarket was fined for changing the 'sell by' dates on frozen chickens.
It could have been Asda - can anybody else remember this?
caroljoyce

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:28 am

Thanks for info Laurie. Have not heard from the food office yet. Haven.t bought a whole one for some time. Delighted you you are interested and can assure you it is not treading on my toes. Keep it up. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby laurie53 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:53 pm

I remember the scandal, Carol, but not who was involved - there seem to be so many it's hard to keep track!

I suspect the food office only deal with facts, Penny, and while I don't doubt the integrity of the reporters these are, so far, simply uncorroborated allegations!
laurie53

Return to Anything Goes