Verbal abuse.

Except Personal Attacks

Verbal abuse.

Postby caroljoyce » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am

On Weds I spent the day in Nottingham with my friend. We decided to travel by bus to avoid parking charges etc.

An unpleasant incident happened at the bus station that shook us both up!!

We were waiting 20 mins for the bus and we were the second in the queue. Rather than stand all that time we parked ourselves on a nearby seat and when we saw the bus we went to take our place in the queue.

This young woman went ballistic at us 'Get to the end of the effing queue' she said. 'I hate it when old people push in and think it's alright just because they're effing old'
We pointed out that we had only been sitting on a seat and that we weren't pushing in. She let loose with more effing & swearing - by this time the bus had arrived so we got on and tried to ignore her.
I actually thought she was going to attack us & I was still shaking when we got on the bus.

After about half an hour on the bus we had calmed down & were chatting away. We got such a surprise we weren't expecting.
She came to us and apologised - told us she was bipolar.

We said 'ok' and accepted her apology.
She must have a very difficult life - she was in charge of a twin pram as well - Poor babies I wonder how she copes with them?
caroljoyce

Re: Verbal abuse.

Postby Monika » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:04 am

That was a nasty experience for you both, Carol, and I am sorry to read that it happened in my home city. However, I'm pleased that she later apologised.
Perhaps you and your friend should invest in a couple of shooting sticks :roll: :roll:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:10 am

So sad Carol. I feel very sorry for her. Imagine how her children are going to use the .F... word as though it was normal. Pleased she apologized and pray something can be done to help her with this problem. Hope you had a lovely day out. Cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:40 am

It was awful for you to be spoken to like that from the young girl,but at least she had the guts to say sorry to you.With 2 young babies she has her hands full.
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Well I'm sorry to put a damper on this but people who have bipolar do not spend their days going round cussing people and then apologising to them for their behaviour because they are bipolar. She was making an excuse and you fell for it. There is much more to that mental illness than that. :grouphug:
Its the in thing to use that word at the moment, gets sympathy :bighugs: :hide: :roflmao:
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:44 pm

I sympathise with you and your friend completely Carol. Such a nasty experience can leave you shaken. But Dita posted wise words. Bi-polar is a widely (?mis)used word now and Eastenders may be partly to blame - I am a regular viewer I should add - because Stacy Slater's script is full of it, as was that of her mother, and they are both shriekers.
vannin

Return to Anything Goes