Hospital bed

Except Personal Attacks

Hospital bed

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi Dita and all. Sorry, been in hospital since 8 oclock today. Oh asked me to get something from the kitchen and as I reach up I slipped on the lino, nothing to grab so went down with a bang. Had to call ambulence and lucky to get on within 10. Mins. Had exams and everything else. Fractured hip. Op booked for first thing tomorrow but suddenly all changes. Operation 12.30 today and finish after 3 and half hours.later. son been twice, bringing necessaries,. Daughter came
Bringing loose wear for bed. O.H. came once but they had just taken me in to theatre so he is coming tomorrow......hope you are feeling well after your lovely family visit Dita. As usual son fixed my Hudl for use here. So will keep in touch. Cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Hospital bed

Postby ciderman_nz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:18 pm

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Penny. Hope all goes well from now on.
Civilisation is a veneer, easily soluble in alcohol.
ciderman_nz

Postby Monika » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Aw ..... Penny. I am so sorry to hear this. Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

:grouphug:
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you!
Monika

Postby dita » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 pm

:grouphug: Penny have just seen this and I am so sorry to hear what has happened, Have been checking in here on and off and getting anxious about you more and more because its so unusual to not see you posting. Thank goodness your lovely son has brought your Hudl in to use. I shall be back in touch tomorrow and I do hope you are not in too much pain my dear friend. Many many Hugs from Dolly and me xx :bighugs: :grouphug:
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:28 pm

Oh, Penny! I'm so sorry to read this and wish you the best and speediest recovery possible. Sounds as though the NHS really stepped up to the plate, the speed with which they operated so well done to them. Lots of love to you :bighugs: .
Andere Richtingen

Postby dejavou » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:38 pm

Sorry to hear about your accident Penny, but glad that you were treated with such great speed, now concentrate on getting better as fast as you can (((hugs)))
dejavou
Bumble Bee

Postby widget » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:48 am

Sorry to hear this, we never know whats going to happen do we??
you take care, do as you are told, and you will soon be setting us more quiz's.
Hope the foods alright!!
widget

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:25 am

Morning all. thanks for replies. Had a good night's sleep. Up for test today to see if op. Ok. Super staff here and I managed to raise quite a lot of laughs. On way to theatre said I felt like royalty and began waving as HRH does.does. OH desperate.just had messaged relying on son to fix his meals. Daughter came and brought new stuff to sleep in and dressing gown. Seems OH to upset to find anything. Food here?????? Said to nurse this morning, difficult to eat lying flat and since I make my own bread and marmalade, not quite me. Not a grumble though. Got to go. Take care. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:28 am

Penny, I have only just found this as I was out all evening at my friend's annual musical show. I am very sorry to read of your accident and operation. All my love and good wishes for a speedy recovery. xx :grouphug:
vannin

Postby laurie53 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:51 am

Oh, Penny! Poor you.

My thoughts are with you (like everybody else's I'm sure).

Get well soon.

Try to get them to do a replacement while they're in the area - might save trouble later on! :?
laurie53

Postby dita » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi Penny and all, :) ha ha you know how to get this thread up and going Penny-------bet you done that on purpose :) not surprised they thought you were HRH and curtseyed immediately hee hee. Anyway my friend I am thinking of you and willing you to get yourself up and about very soon..
My family decided to stay in Rochdale only one night instead of the two they had booked, could have had something to do with the hotel but have yet to find out their reason for going back to Kent a day early. My friends daughter unfortunately died last night, she was just 60yrs old, Diana is heart broken and there is nothing to be done but console her. Its blustery and rather chilly but not a bad day, have washing to do and study the ins and outs of my new computerised washing machine? Dolly say's you promised her a game of rugby today Penny, Grr! and it still stands. hugs from us both, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi all.catch up on hospital bed. Cheers Penny :ithanku:
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi all. Sorry to be late but Saturday very busy. So different from yesterday. Ihave never heard of Such super hospital. l. The treatment and nursing is beyond belief. They all work so hard and long hours. Brilliant place. Just wish it was ten times bigger so that more, tomorrow, could have contact. Had second X-ray mid.day and now awaiting results. Camp all came today. Keep telling them not to bother but they ignore me. Son has a special chair for me to use at home so will be easier to get up and on my feet. Thanks for all good wishes folk and look after yourselves. Very sorry re your news Dita. So early, such a shame. Please pass on my sympathy. Cheers Penny. :ithanku: :ithanku:
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Good to know the hospital is up to expectations and they are looking after you Penny, wondering if your young man will be visiting? Take care dear friend xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:00 am

Hi all. Still here.just had blood test. Waiting for wash up and results from yesterday X-ray. Hope all taking care and being good. Catch you later. Cheers Penny :ithanku: :ithanku:
Penny

Next

Return to Anything Goes